Please leave any comments or insults at User Talk:G-Man
My first name begins with a G, and, and, guess what, I'm a Man, hence the name G-Man. It took me hours to think that up :-)
I've been contributing to wikipedia since February 2003.
Here's some of the images I have added to Wikipedia at my photo gallery.
|31 January 2019|
Here's a list of significant articles I have either created or added significantly to.
You do understand of course that this list is purely for my own benefit so I can remember what I've written, and has nothing to do with me bragging......Honest
Articles which I started are in normal text. Articles which I contributed a lot to but did not start are marked in italics.
I've worked on many articles relating to the English Midlands. Mostly towns, cities villages, counties and local history, especially in my home county of Warwickshire and the surrounding counties of Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and the West Midlands: Amongst these are:
Towns, cities and villages
- Atherstone, Alcester, Banbury, Bedworth, Birmingham, Black Country, Corby, Coventry, Daventry, Dudley, Dunchurch, Leamington Spa, Leicester, Lutterworth, Market Harborough, Northampton, Nuneaton, Polesworth, Rugby, Warwickshire, Shipston-on-Stour, Southam, Warwick, West Bromwich.
- History of Birmingham, History of Coventry, History of Rugby, Warwickshire, History of Warwickshire, Tripontium, History of London, Roman London, Anglo-Saxon London.
- Euston station, Birmingham New Street station, Birmingham Snow Hill station, Curzon Street railway station, Marylebone railway station, Rugby railway station.
- Ffestiniog Railway, Great Central Main Line, Leighton Buzzard Railway, London and Birmingham Railway, Midland Main Line, Settle and Carlisle Railway, Snowdon Mountain Railway, Welshpool & Llanfair Railway, West Coast Main Line,
- FEVE, Great Central Railway, Midland Railway, Midland Counties Railway,Northern Ireland Railways, RENFE, Stratford-Upon-Avon & Midland Junction Railway, Stockton and Darlington Railway, Stratford and Moreton Tramway,
- Ashby Canal, Bridgewater Canal, Coventry Canal, Foxton Locks, Grand Union Canal, Manchester Ship Canal, Oxford Canal, Ship canal, Montgomery Canal.
- Bicycle touring, List of bicycle manufacturers, Raleigh (bicycle), Moulton Bicycle, Safety Bicycle, Hub gears, John Kemp Starley, Bicycle brake systems.
- Slade, Yazoo, Vince Clarke, Electropop, New Romantic, Level 42, Talk Talk, T'Pau (band), The Troggs, Oasis (band).
- Labour Party (UK) + History of the British Labour Party, Liberal Democrats, Liberal Party (UK), Communist Party of Great Britain, Green Party of England and Wales.
Articles about people
- Richard Beeching
- James Brindley
- Thomas Hughes
- Egon Krenz
- Norman Lockyer
- L.S. Lowry
- Percy Pilcher
- Arthur Scargill
- Richard Trevithick
- James Howard Kunstler
- John Kemp Starley
Articles which fit into none of the above categories:
- St John's wort
- Only Fools and Horses
- Love Thy Neighbour
- Morris Motor Company
- Duel (movie)
- Passenger Transport Executive
- Plus a number of other minor articles which I havn't bothered to list, I have also made edits to many other articles.
Stuff about me
Just in case you're wondering (which you're probably not, but I'll tell you anyway) here are some things about my beliefs etc.
Religion. I don't follow any particular religion, but I believe that all the world's religions teach basically the same common sense rules of morality and behaviour, like treating your fellow men with respect and dignity and loving thy neighbour etc. (it's a shame more people who call themselves religious don't follow them really). I generally regard organised religion as a divisive and destructive force in the world.
Politics. I am on the liberal/left-wing side of politics. I would describe myself as a democratic socialist of Social Democrat. I believe that it's the government's job to re-distribute wealth and ensure that everyone in society has a minimum standard of living, and has the basics of life. Although I tend to vote for the Liberal Democrats or sometimes the Green Party.
Oh yes, I am also a keen Cyclist.
And I am not a Fish
There I hope you found that interesting.
- http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm Web colours
|Multi-licensed into the public domain|
|I agree to multi-license my eligible text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions in the public domain, please check the multi-licensing guide.|