I will generally respond on this page inside the section which has been added unless you request otherwise. Please watch this page if you leave me a message, and remember to sign your post with ~~~~. Thanks!
- 1 Welcome!
- 2 Muhammad Iqbal
- 3 Williams v. Price
- 4 Saaho budget
- 5 Prithvi Shaw birth place
- 6 Edit request
- 7 ISHQ MEIN MARJAWAN
- 8 Please stop
- 9 Wikipedia:BRD on The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir
- 10 Forbes / Rob Cain
- 11 and now, a message from our sponsors
- 12 John Dye's Cause of Death
- 13 Death Certificate
- 14 Revision to Aafia Siddiqui page
- 15 thanks for the delete and not a re write... Crypto Currency.! a barnstar for you
- 16 Linking fictional characters to Real life people
- 17 Muhammad Iqbal bis
- 18 Ampersands
- 19 Comment from Rafikahamed96
- 20 How to deal with dead links
- 21 Naa Peru surya
- 22 Behe
- 23 INRConvert
- 24 Ben Bernanke Edit message from 2011
- 25 Please review Caillou Pettis
- 26 User:Aamilmallick
- 27 Question regarding the deletion of information on Pres. Yameen's Wiki page
- 28 Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo
- 29 sovereign people delusions
- 30 Conflict of Interest
- 31 WP:Sockpuppet investigations/Karmaisking
- 32 /* External links */
- 33 Editing
- 34 A message from a sock
- 35 ugc net
- 36 Bhanwar
- 37 Read the newspaper artcle before deleting anythng..
- 38 Image copyrights
- 39 Regarding Removing the Credits for Co-Producer In Rangasthalam
- 40 Doing things same as other's do
- 41 Please remove or flag the box office section of the tamil movie puli 2015
- 42 Help
- 43 Thanks for guide me
- 44 Smoot-Hawley Tariff page
- 45 conflict?
- 46 Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- 47 Amarjeet Sohi
- 48 Sergei Mavrodi
- 49 Bigg Boss 11
- 50 Stree copyvios
- 51 Just checking
- 52 STOP undoing Halloween 2018 plot revision
- 53 Thanks
- 54 Criticism of the Federal Reserve § Congress
- 55 Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai
- 56 Formal mediation has been requested
- 57 Thanks for letting me know
- 58 We're the millers
- 59 /* Cringe pop*/
- 60 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
The reference I furnished is not just a wikipedia reference but one that is taken from one of the books of Naipaul, a Nobel Laureate. I don't have a copy of the book on the internet to link the information to the necessary pages but the information does come from it.
As you have the title of the book, the author and corresponding information, can't you do the necessary?
I would also like to add that Wikipedia has biographies not hagiographies. That article is barely neutral and is all praise about Muhammad Iqbal who is considered as the mastermind behind the Partition of India that caused 1 million deaths and is viewed extremely unfavourably by 1.1 billion Hindus in the world. Not mentioning that is pure dishonesty.
It might very well be titled "Eulogy of Muhammad Iqbal: The man who divided India"
P.S: Here are your references,  I think the case is closed.
- @Manish2542:} Thank your for providing the sources. If YOU add the claim, it is up to YOU to add the reliable source. Other Wikipedia pages are NOT reliable sources, and I am NOT here to look up sources for claims that YOU add. If you continue to add claims without [[WP:RS|reliable sources}}, they will be removed. It's up to you to decide. Ravensfire (talk) 03:40, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- @Ravensfire:} The burden of furnishing the necessary references lay on me, I got that very well, thank you. My references did not suit wikipedia policy, I did the necessary to correct that. You didn't wish to help me out, I got that very clearly also. That said, my other point remains valid. Biographies are not meant to be eulogies especially when it comes to controversial figures. It's as equally important to have nuanced articles as to furnish references. I'm not an experienced editor but I hope those who are do make use of basic common sense.
- @Manish2542:Here's the problem with your assumption - I didn't help you out because I couldn't. One, you didn't ask for help which would have taken, what, a few minutes at most? Two, I don't speak french, and I absolutely do not trust machine translations. There's no way I'd be able to find the reference from the French Wikipedia article. You are correct, articles should not be glorified hagiographies. You can see multiple examples in my history where I'm hacking and pruning. Stay away from Indian film biographies ... the fanboi influence is just gawdawful and you just get sucked into to utter madness.... I appreciate your edits on the Iqbal article and you haven't seen my with any objections (just a request for a page number). The issue is that you had multiple people reverting your edit and noting in the edit summary the reason. Your edit summary here is pretty agressive and then your revert here even mentions the talk page. There is nothing from you on the article talk page. So you call it out, but don't bother to actually start the discussion. That's not very helpful, ideally you'd have asked on the article talk page. To be honest, your tone in the edit summary and here on my page doesn't help your case much. The tone comes across pretty darn condescending and people are far less likely to help others with that tone. Something to think about. Ravensfire (talk) 18:21, 3 January 2018 (UTC)
Williams v. Price
Hi Ravensfire. I'm curious why you reverted my edit to Williams v. Price. My edit made several changes at once, so if there is something in particular that prompted the reversion, perhaps I can add back information for which there is a consensus. I've been working on a lot of Court of Appeals articles lately, so if I did something that violates a Wikipedia policy I'd like to know so I can avoid repeating it. Cheers, LegalSkeptic (talk) 22:19, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- @LegalSkeptic: My absolute sincere apologies - I managed to misclick somewhere because I absolutely did not mean to revert your edit. I've reverted back to your change. So, so sorry for that! Ravensfire (talk) 22:23, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
- I'm going to assume you mean Saaho. Wikipedia requires that information be based on reliable sources, and there was no source for the budget. Basically, it looked like the numbers were just made up, or based on some completely unreliable source. Blogs, tweets and comments from producers/actors aren't good sources and will be removed. Ravensfire (talk) 15:52, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
Prithvi Shaw birth place
Hello Ravensfire, Need your help in making following page as semi protected one. Issue is for this cricket player reliable sources   says he was born in Thane, Maharashtra but some ppl are making it to Gaya, Bihar without credible reference. I have currently made birthplace to Thane, Maharashtra pls make this page as Semi Protected. Thanks. Truegrit15 (talk) 12:37, 10 February 2018 (UTC)
ISHQ MEIN MARJAWAN
What's wrong is going with you. Why are u deleting plot again and again ?? Agarjubal (talk) 04:15, 21 February 2018 (UTC) Dont u dare to teach me okk And what was unsourced in second part I have mentioned plot exact what has happened in the story Are u crazy to delete that again and again And one more thing Vineet Raina is not a lead character in the show. IF he is a lead character then Roma should also be a lead character why not u have mentioned her in the main cast But i think you dont know the meaning of main cast And one more thing the show has really won hearts of audiences It is itself declared by producer of show and actors of show and show is also in top 5 shows acc. to BARC TRP rating from much time I think its enough to make u understand that nothing which i have added is unsourced — Preceding unsigned comment added by Agarjubal (talk • contribs) 22:15, February 20, 2018 (UTC)
- @Agarjubal:, Your edits to the article lead, especially the lovely fanboi stuff about winning the hearts is completely unsourced. You need to stop making those edits or you will end up blocked from editing. Ravensfire (talk) 05:02, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- Never complained about the source - for existing shows / movies, that is considered the source for the plot so long as no disagreement arises. Ravensfire (talk) 12:42, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
Please avoid vandalizing pages as you did to Kamal Nath. See talk page for discussion. Continuing to remove true statement which are proven by Nath's failure to comply with an order of recognizance issued by Judge Robert W Sweet of the US federal court for the southern district of New York will result in a ban from Wikipedia. Thank you 22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:43, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- @126.96.36.199: Lovely attempt at intimidation there. Alas, obvious bullshit is, well obviously ignored. A tolerable try though. Ravensfire (talk) 01:57, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- If this is a shared IP address, and you did not make the edits, consider creating an account for yourself or logging in with an existing account so you can avoid further irrelevant notices.
- Alas, I am the only one using the talk page to present facts. The oppressive and ignorant present no facts on the talk page or otherwise. What is your position supported by facts? Mine are on the talk page for you to counter. Therefore, my position is defended. Yours is not. May you find peace someday, and may your mind someday be able to accept the Truth 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:03, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- Copntinuing to threaten shows your true side. Wikipedia does not work with such tactics, nor will I. WP:CONSENSUS, not intimidation is how Wikipedia works. Your call. Retract your threats if you want to continue working with other editors here. Ravensfire (talk) 02:05, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- They're blocked. --NeilN talk to me 02:09, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you. Wish it didn't take admin involvement, as their talk page post suggests there may be something worth looking closer, but hard to be willing when they start off with threats. Ravensfire (talk) 02:17, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- They're blocked. --NeilN talk to me 02:09, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
- Copntinuing to threaten shows your true side. Wikipedia does not work with such tactics, nor will I. WP:CONSENSUS, not intimidation is how Wikipedia works. Your call. Retract your threats if you want to continue working with other editors here. Ravensfire (talk) 02:05, 5 March 2018 (UTC)
Hi Ravensfire I need your help on Talk:The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir. I made some changes on that page as per WP:TVCAST but User:I am aman goyal reverted them with [this] edit summary. We were advised by Cyphoidbomb to start discussion on Talk Page which we did after just one reply  he stopped the discussion and after that he was blocked for 1 week due to some other issue, Cyphoidbomb advised me to invite other members to this discussion. So can you help us.Sid95Q (talk) 11:34, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
- @Sid95Q:, good advice from Cyphoidbomb - I'll try to post something tomorrow there. Thanks for the reminder that I should comment on this. Ravensfire (talk) 04:58, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
Forbes / Rob Cain
Hey there, I saw this edit summary and I wonder if you might consider opening a discussion, say at WT:ICTF if this is something you feel strongly about. It is a bit interesting to me that this guy seems to like to publish higher numbers for a lot of popular film, so I'm interested in what the community thinks about that. I sometimes wonder if he's not just an industry shill leaning into the reliability of Forbes. Anyway, no pressure if you don't want to, but I thought I'd reach out. I appreciate your presence in the bizarre world of Indian cinema articles. I don't know if this is an area you are actually interested in (I'm actually not interested in it) but I definitely like to see capable editors like you helping out in a really under-policed and problematic area. Happy Friday! Cyphoidbomb (talk) 04:20, 10 March 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, I probably need to do that. Been chasing down a possible CensoredScribe sock and fried my brain. I *think* Cain is a good source, especially in area where it's hard to find a solid english source, but some other views would be very helpful. Probably tomorrow. Ravensfire (talk) 04:57, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
and now, a message from our sponsors
|The WikiJaguar Award for Excellence|
|Many Thanks for the helpful, panther-like and pinpoint accurate, silent-but-deadly and ultraninjaesqualianishific talkpagestalk, kind Sir. The entirely unexpected yet wholly relevant answers were most appreciated! I am in your debt (and your sights, I am sure). Saturn comes back around (talk) 19:17, 15 March 2018 (UTC)|
John Dye's Cause of Death
Here is a link to the death certificate:
- @Danielsjorgensen: That, unfortunately, is not a good source for something like that. Main problem - you uploaded it, so there's nothing to prove it wasn't edited by you. It's also for a person named John Dye - is it that Dye, or someone else with the same name? I'm not doubting you, but Wikipedia needs reliable sources to back up claims like this. We need something like a newspaper article that explicitly makes this claim. Ravensfire (talk) 05:41, 17 March 2018 (UTC)
California death certificates are public record. The certificate has John Dye's birth and death dates as well as well as location. It also matches the California Death Index for the actor John Dye. I ordered the copy directly from the department of health. Danielsjorgensen (talk) 05:53, 17 March 2018 (UTC)
Revision to Aafia Siddiqui page
Ravensfire: What was the reason for your edit? To the best of our knowledge, the http://aafiamovement.com/ website *is* the official website of the Siddiqui family and their support group for Dr. Siddiqui. - IWPCHI — Preceding unsigned comment added by IWPCHI (talk • contribs) 08:14, March 18, 2018 (UTC)
- @IWPCHI: Advocacy / cause sites like that generally aren't appropriate for Wikipedia. We're not here to promote causes, but provide neutral information. Similar to Amanda Knox on the Murder of Meredith Kercher page, the advocacy site for Knox was removed for the same reasons. My suggestion would be to post a question on the External Link noticeboard as well as the article talk page. My personal view is that it's not an appropriate link.
- Also, I need to ask about your username. It appears to represent an organization, which the English Wikipedia doesn't allow. Please read WP:ORGNAME - your meta user page makes it pretty clear. Your talk page edits repeatedly use "we" which also imply shared use. On this Wikipedia site, accounts are for one person only and must represent themselves as being from that one person. This really needs to get handled, and name changes are pretty easy. Please handle that matter soon, the alternative is for me to raise it on the WP:UAA board. Thank you. Ravensfire (talk) 16:27, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
thanks for the delete and not a re write... Crypto Currency.! a barnstar for you
just testing to see ..What is up... i know that wikipedia is based on a robot that took the 1911 britanica encyclopia word for word. FYI
The Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition (1910–11) is a 29-volume reference work, an edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica. It was developed during the encyclopaedia's transition from a British to an American publication. Some of its articles were written by the best-known scholars of the time. This edition of the encyclopedia, containing 40,000 entries, is now in the public domain; and many of its articles have been used as a basis for articles in Wikipedia. However, the outdated nature of some of its content makes its use as a source for modern scholarship problematic. Some articles have special value and interest to modern scholars as cultural artifacts of the 19th and early 20th centuries.
i was gonna say good job on the re write and maybe a barnstar...but why bother.! hey you take care now
- It was, something like 15+ years ago. The vast majority of those articles have been completely revamped and changed in the intervening years. What wasn't done is to copy and paste copyrighted material like you did. That will always be reverted. You need to base your edits on good sources, which you did, but you must paraphrase and rewrite in your own words. That doesn't mean just change one or two words around, but completely rewrite everything. A
- And sorry, but I will not rewrite your full copy-paste for you. I will delete it. Don't be lazy, do it right the first time. Ravensfire (talk) 19:43, 18 March 2018 (UTC)
Linking fictional characters to Real life people
Hi Ravensfire our friend Aman Goyal is now linking fictional characters to real life people like [this, this and this. Even though these characters were inspired from the linked real life people but I don't think linking them will be correct as only few extracts were taken from their life and these films are not biopics and in third case the character just shares the name with the original author of the story. Thanks. Sid95Q (talk) 19:20, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
Muhammad Iqbal bis
- Seriously, stop the personal attacks. You are gaining exactly zero sympathy towards your edits with your attitude. Ravensfire (talk) 19:16, 25 March 2018 (UTC)
Hi Ravensfire, I saw this. I don't have an opinion on whether this particular edit is correct or not, but I just wanted to drop a note in case you weren't aware that there might be valid occasions to use ampersands, although I do not know whether or not they apply to the lawless, inconsistent, and oft-sloppy world of Indian film/music. In American stuff, ampersands often indicate established teams, where "and" just means that some people collaborated. So a married team might be "John Doe & Jane Doe" and if they collaborated with someone else, it could be:
- "John Doe & Jane Doe
- Harvey Jackace
WGA link and I think Phil Lord and Christopher Miller might sometimes be credited as directors with ampersands in betwixt. Hope I'm not being insultingly pedantic, and please don't accept this note as an admonishment of any kind. Regards, Cyphoidbomb (talk) 05:29, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, those are the tricky ones when the ampersand is commonly used as part of the name for a specific pair/group. From my experience, 95% of the ampersands on Indian film / TV articles are people being lazy though. If I see an edit summary specifically calling out the ampersand as correct, no issues letting it stay (with some verification if possible, of course!). Ravensfire (talk) 13:37, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
Comment from Rafikahamed96
- @Rafikahamed96:Nothing I've see shows either of them as starring in this film, but as supporting actors. They aren't mentioned in reviews - just Ajith Kumar and Simran. Please discuss this on the article talk page and do not make further edits in the article until you have consensus. If you continue, the next step is to have the article semi-protected or protected, blocking further edits. Thank you. Ravensfire (talk) 14:38, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
Sorry for the misunderstanding on Fiona Graham's page. I'm still new to wikipedia and don't know to much about editing here.
I just stumbled upon this dead link and tried to get it off. It is a very horrible accusation that apparently has no reference. Can you explain me how I can properly deal with a situation like this? I can see that you are a veteran on wikipedia and I would love to learn more.
- Template:Replto, just because a link doesn't work now doesn't mean that it didn't work when it was initially added. Sites will sometimes change how they format URL's, so the article may still exist but have a different URL. We can often pull back older articles using the Internet Archive. The absolute last option is to delete a previously good source. This article has also seen some extremely heavy pressure from the subject and/or their representatives to remove any negative information, or whitewashing which is viewed very badly here. Sources in that article have been verified by multiple different editors over the years. Your best option is to suggest edits on the article talk page, but you must base your reasons on good reliable sources and Wikipedia policies (see the welcome message on your talk page, especially the Five Pillars link) and participate in the discussion that follows.
- If you have a conflict of interest on this article, including being the subject, working with or for them or having a strong relationship with them, you need to declare that you have a COI, read through the WP:COI page and follow the advice there. If you are compensated in any way for editing here, you need to read WP:PAID and follow those mandatory disclosures. Ravensfire (talk) 18:33, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
Naa Peru surya
When will Naa Peru Surya, Naa Illu India hindi version release in India there are huge fans following of Allu Arjun we are waiting for his movies why don't they understand that hindi version is so much important for Indian fans DJ movies craziness of Indian fans prooved it that hindi version is important for Allu Arjuns movie — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2409:4043:987:5092:e254:cde6:a542:686f (talk) 12:00, April 25, 2018
- Film articles can include the languages where a film has been dubbed in the body of the article, but the language parameter in the infobox is for the main language used in the original filming. Languages the film has been dubbed are not to be included there. Thank you. Ravensfire (talk) 18:08, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
I am not doing what you are affirming that I did, I reverted the edits explaining the motive: the page is incredibly uneautral. Not very encyclopedical.DizzinessOfFreedom (talk) 22:24, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- @DizzinessOfFreedom: Yes, you are edit-warring. You've been reverted multiple times by two different editors but both times have reverted back to your version without any discussion. That IS the definition of edit-warring. The 3RR warning is generally required before reporting anyone for going past three reverts, but it's also helpful to get someone to realize that their actions aren't helpful and that they need to start discussing things. I could have very simple kept reverting you and leave a basic 3RR warning and then once you breach 3 reverts, you'd end up blocked. I didn't. I understand you believe the article isn't neutral. WP:NPOV on Wikipedia says that articles should reflect how secondary sources describe the subject, and the lead is a summary of the article overall. If you look at the article talk page (and the archives), there have been MULTIPLE previous discussions about this, along with multiple requests for other eyes at the biography noticeboard. Consider that when you're discussing your change on the article talk page. Ravensfire (talk) 22:32, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
Can you plz say me that why have you removed my changes (INRConvert) in Bollywood movies budget and Box office section? — Preceding unsigned comment added by ImSonyR9 (talk • contribs) 10:04, May 14, 2018 (UTC)
- @ImSonyR9: Sure - there was a discussion on the WP:ICTF about the use of this template and while it's great in the body of the article, the consensus was that it should not be used in article leads or infoboxes. You can search the archives on the task force talk page for the discussion. Ravensfire (talk) 18:16, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
Ben Bernanke Edit message from 2011
I just went on my Talk page and saw this message from you: "Please discuss your edit on the talk page rather than continually reverting. Multiple editors disagree with your change, and at this point you are edit-warring to keep it in. Wikipedia has a WP:3RR rule that you are close to breaking. If an editor makes more than 3 reverts on an article in a 24 hour period, they usually end up blocked. You are at 3 reverts right now, consider this a warning. Please use the talk page for the article to discuss this. Ravensfire (talk) 16:30, 18 March 2011 (UTC)"
Please review Caillou Pettis
Can you please look over the draft available for the article on Caillou Pettis and see if it is good to submit for actual publication? Thanks.
This user is back at vandalizing Beyond the Clouds (2017 film) after yours and mine repeated warnings and your final warning. I have reported the user on the WP:AIV page as told by you. Thanks Vivek Ray (talk) 16:55, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
- @Vivek Ray: That's the perfect way to handle it and looks like they've been blocked. Thank you for handling this! Ravensfire (talk) 18:16, 21 May 2018 (UTC)
Question regarding the deletion of information on Pres. Yameen's Wiki page
Dear Ravensfire, I would like to know why you have deleted the information I have added about his excellency President Yameen and reverted my edit. Clearly, you seem to have deleted all the information regarding the economic reforms that he has brought and seem to only have left information that puts him in bad light. This is clearly not fair as it is doing injustice for president Yameen and also misleading the masses and restricting access to legitimate information to those who are concerned. What is more disturbing is that his opponent Mohamed Nasheed has a wikipedia page and consists of the contributions and developments he has contributed to the economy but whatever is written for President Yameen is deleted always by someone. I must ask why do you have done so as I am curious to know why. I would like to hear from you soon as I took the necessary steps to give references to any external links/sources I have included to show the authenticity of the information I have included. Thank you. --Dhivehingewatan (talk) 16:20, 4 June 2018 (UTC)dhivehingewatan
I've never edited this page and don't know this woman personally which is a conflict of interest. I don't do that sockpuppet thing. Been studying pages for 5 months and now editing actively. Wikiyabo (talk) 01:40, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
sovereign people delusions
"Lots of original research and synthesis plus a few other things tossed in. Yup, Wikipedia is wrong, to them, but not to the overwhelming predominant view of reliable sources." The research is from research of others, not me. Laws, old and new, are not "synthesis". To believe that the "Sovereign citizen movement" page is 100% correct and the sources that I stated are 100% wrong is wrong. Open mind and do research. Simply voting that "my" sources are wrong does not make them wrong. And the "reliable sources" on the "Sovereign citizens movement" page are not reliable to all people. They are contradicted by other reliable sources. I have said that they are not reliable and evidence supports this. The emotional defense of the "Sovereign citizen movement" page shows an agenda by those wanting "sovereign people" deleted. Second and third-hand information is not as reliable as first-hand, so Wikipedia should change this rule. The "Sovereign citizen movement" page should contain the information I posted so readers can decide for themselves by having both sides. Compromise. Blocking this or me indicates an one sided agenda. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rgojoey (talk • contribs) 7:13, June 29, 2018 (UTC)
- Retitled thread for accuracy and will give the appropriate attention. Ravensfire (talk) 22:17, 29 June 2018 (UTC)
Conflict of Interest
I must inform you that I don't know the subjects from articles that I contribute nor do I work for any organization directly or indirectly. The edits I make are purely from my interest on the topic.
Hogwarts Portal (talk)
- @Hogwarts Portal: Good enough, thank you. We've had issues in this area with undeclared conflicts of interest and paid editing that causes problems. Ravensfire (talk) 17:50, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
I reviewed this SPI to see if there could be a behavioral case for a block. So far it looks marginal and I wouldn't be inclined to take any action. There are only four edits that are directly on topic, that might connect User:USSFiatTitanic to the other guy and they don't really stand out. Is there any chance you might find an *identical* edit somewhere? Also, do you know of any suspected or confirmed sockpuppets of Karmaisking that have edited in the last three months? CU was declined only on grounds of staleness, so far as I can tell. The editor does refer to 'ABCT' in this edit summary, presumably referring to Austrian business cycle theory. If I had more time I'd investigate the Australian IP at Special:Contributions/184.108.40.206 who has recently posted at Austrian business cycle theory. He also made this edit at Full-reserve banking which coincides in content with one that USSFiatTItanic made at Fractional-reserve banking. Hmm, maybe this is almost a case. Thanks, EdJohnston (talk) 19:03, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- @EdJohnston: Thanks for the note on this. Unfortunately, I created it knowing it would be behavior based. For me, the combination of name, articles edited and information added says it's a KiK sock. The name in particular was screaming Kik, mentioning Fiat money, the US and a pretty clever comment to make a point about the combination failing. The IP was pretty obviously used by Kik in 2017 (this edit which edited a talk page post from 2007 made by a known Kik sock), and possibly through that year. The IP does geolocate to the same general area as the more recent IP's in the SPI, but those are pretty old. Sorry, I wish I could have made a stronger case up front on this one. I'm about 95% sure it's Kik. Ravensfire (talk) 19:54, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
- Who was the known Kik sock from 2007? Due to absence of signatures I can't figure out who left the comment that the IP was modifying on Talk:Criticism of fractional-reserve banking/Archive 1. EdJohnston (talk) 20:16, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
It is not spam. I input external link which will be very helpful who will give Madhyamik 10+ and Higher Secondary 10+2 examination in West Bengal in India. So do not delete again. — Preceding unsigned comment added by RUPAM PAN (talk • contribs) 12:47, July 11, 2018 (UTC)
- @RUPAM PAN: Yes, you were spamming the site. Adding 8 links to a completely unreliable source is spamming. You have continued to spam the site today. If you continue, you can be blocked for spam / promotional edits and the website put on the spam black list which WILL stop your promotional activities. Your call - you stop spamming or Wikpedia will stop you from spamming. Ravensfire (talk) 02:44, 12 July 2018 (UTC)
Hi and thanks for your message. I don't know that much about using Wikipedia. So I just add new things as I get to know them. And sure, if anything is not constructive then please remove it. If I do any major edits in the future I will use the sandbox. I haven't used that before but will give it a go. Sarah. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nightingale1973 (talk • contribs) 21:56, July 14, 2018 (UTC)
A message from a sock
Hey , Y are u undoing the fake information with no references from article Simran Bagga & Awards.... u are pointing me still as a blocked edited...instead of that y can't you appreciate me for removing things with no proofs...I think you are Simran fan(Mad Fan) for sure I agree I do mistakes..but why can't you see things at all with equal viewpoints....all articles have to be true... if I made fake you can remove it...but I did good things for Article Simran and I have real and very true things from my side — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:57, July 30, 2018 IP sock of blocked user GOOD morning
- First, you're evading your block, rather than actually try to deal with the reasons why you are blocked. Your message here shows that you still have trouble working in a collaborative manner with people. You complain above about removing unsourced information, but you persist in adding in unsourced information about Jyothika to articles. That's pretty bad. Think about it. Bluntly, you have been and continue to be a disruptive editor with a patently obvious POV (both pro and against) towards certain actresses. Ravensfire (talk) 20:11, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
You cannot actually say that 'annually' there are 859000 net exam attendees because it would mislead people who are going across the site. Only did July 2018 hold such high number of students attended previous year it was only around 750000 and next year it would increase then how is it justified to say that 'annual' takers of net exam is 859000 when the numbers are constantly changing.2. The number of qualifiers as per the times of India and NDTV is 55000 which is 6.47% approximately 6.5 not 59000 (6.9). Hence the data you have given is wrong and misleading infact according to ugc, they would only qualify top 6%. Last time it was 6%. Only this time did the tally become 6.5% which according to ugc officials is due to bunching of marks or maybe because of the fact that it was the first time the new pattern is tested and that it is the last time that CBSE is conducting the NET exam. So, it is probable that next the number of qualifiers would decrease.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Stephaniesapphire (talk • contribs) 05:05, August 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Confusing message for sure, but probably from a spammer that I reverted given the last website they left as a reference and since removed from here. Ah well, safe to ignore! Ravensfire (talk) 23:06, 6 August 2018 (UTC)
Read the newspaper artcle before deleting anythng..
Read the referenced newspaper artcle before deleting anythng..
- I've added a temporary signature as yours doesn't meet standards. Without any context, your warning is meaningless and hostile. I left your a generic reply though. Ravensfire (talk) 16:13, 11 August 2018 (UTC)
I don't suppose you're any good with image and copyrights? User:Bhanwar singh vaish uploaded File:Dav_waidhan.jpg. I've tagged it as WP:F3 cause the copyright claims seem dubious. However, he's contesting the deletion File_talk:Dav_waidhan.jpg saying that the school holds the copyright and thus can be uploaded attributed to the school. That's what I understood. Can you explain to the uploader about Wikipedia's upload policy and copyright? I'm not so good at explaining. --Tyw7 (🗣️ Talk) — If (reply) then (ping me) 14:56, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
- This is what I left User_talk:Bhanwar_singh_vaish#About_File:Dav_waidhan.jpg. Hope I'm not misinterpreting Wikipedia's policy. --Tyw7 (🗣️ Talk) — If (reply) then (ping me) 15:04, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
I don't think so to delete Naugadh please give strong reason to delete it in my talk pageBhanwar singh vaish (talk)Bhawar — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bhanwar singh vaish (talk • contribs) 02:26, August 15, 2018 (UTC)
- @Bhanwar singh vaish: No, that's not how things work on Wikipedia. Deletion discussions are held on the AFD page, not on a user's personal page. You can and should contribute there. That article does appear to meet notability standards though. For images, which was the topic of this section, you've seen that your prior uploads were deleted as copyright violations. You need to read and learn the standards and policies for image uploads which were linked to on your user talk page. Ravensfire (talk) 13:40, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
Regarding Removing the Credits for Co-Producer In Rangasthalam
If you see in the titles you will be able to see the Co-Producer as Praveen marpuri, Same banner another movie Dear Comrade, see the link below for Co-Producer  — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) (talk) 21:19, August 15, 2018
- That may be true, but Wikipedia only lists producers in the infobox, not co-producers. See Template:Infobox_film#Parameters for further details. Ravensfire (talk) 02:56, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
Doing things same as other's do
hey there, actually i tried to do same work as others do. i am not spamming link as above my edit on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graduate_Aptitude_Test_in_Engineering a guy also and add a reference link from careers360 site and you guyz approve that.. i just add a links as a ref purpose as same as he do... sorry if do or say anything wrong — Preceding unsigned comment added by Vishalbarswal (talk contribs) 06:39, August 16, 2018 (UTC)
- @Vishalbarswal: First, spamming by other sites isn't a good way to support your own spamming. There's also a substantial different from an editor that happens to add a single link, not realizing it's a questionable source and an editor who has only been adding a single site. It's promotional editing and not acceptable on Wikipedia. If it continues, your domain can be put on the spam blacklist which will stop the spamming and may affect other websites who consider our SBL a pretty good list of bad sites. Thank you for your understanding. Ravensfire (talk) 14:27, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
Please remove or flag the box office section of the tamil movie puli 2015
Please remove or flag the box office as there is no official confirmation of gross for this movie. And you see too much of edits of box office section for this movie which is not fair for wikipedia page. THANK YOU — Preceding unsigned comment added by Lumbercane (talk • contribs) 00:03, August 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Please seek consensus on the article talk page. Especially DO NOT replace a sourced number, even if poorly sourced, with your own personal guess (meaning you didn't give a source for your number). Ravensfire (talk) 16:01, 18 August 2018 (UTC)
Please help publish actor ankit Vyas page. I'm new to Wikipedia, saw that you had commented on the page. Please fix whatever needs fixing and publish
Thanks for guide me
Hi Ravensfire, I think I have used relevant reference link according to wiki page. If you think I made a mistake please guide me. thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by अर्जुन सिंह मनहास (talk • contribs) 11:36, September 14, 2018 (UTC)
- @अर्जुन सिंह मनहास: Unfortunately, your edit is clearly promotional and is adding a link to a a non-reliable source. That's not an appropriate use for Wikipedia and links will be removed. Ravensfire (talk) 16:40, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
Smoot-Hawley Tariff page
You seem to be knowledgable about this page.
I notice there are some ‘partisan’ additions under the heading:
In modern political dialogue
Please amend if needed. Thanks.
I saw your message and agree that my editing has been perhaps too favorable towards Josh Hawley, but not because I'm associated with the campaign. I am not a volunteer or 'paid editor,' just a politico from Kansas City who thought that his page was missing, well, anything about him, given his rising star status. Not many of us in Missouri use wikipedia i guess.
The reason i removed that trafficking section was (1) it is not a political, but personal viewpoint, and (2) his views had already been detailed earlier in his page. If the views are still on the page, you cannot call it whitewashing. However, I am not a native to wikipedia, and I trust you alls judgement over mine. I didn't contest the undo of it.
I will hold off editing in the future, since my judgement has been questioned. I want his page to include facts, not bias, so as to educate voters.
- Thank you for your response. Your edits have been concerning because of the pretty obvious promotional nature and the edits you've made with very deceptive edit summaries. A good option would be to use the article talk page to post suggestions and possible edits there. Please remember that Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not a place to promote a political candidate. Even though you say you want to include facts and not bias, excluding critical views and overhyping Hawleys views is introducing bias. Ravensfire (talk) 15:55, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- @Antariksha25: Sorry, Wikipedia goes with what reliable sources say about matters, and there are more than a few that quite clearly say that Singh was convicted of rape and faces further cases. If you have equally good sources saying otherwise, you need to use the article talk page. Note that sources need to be reputable newpapers, not blogs or non-independent sites. Ravensfire (talk) 22:46, 19 September 2018 (UTC)
- Why are you defaming Pitaji ?— Preceding unsigned comment added by Antariksha25 (talk • contribs) 17:46, September 19, 2018 (UTC)
- The truth is not defamation. Show me the sources saying he wasn't convicted and discuss this on the article talk page. Following what sources say is how Wikipedia works, and right now, the sources all say he was convicted of rape and faces further charges while in jail. Ravensfire (talk) 22:49, 19 September 2018 (UTC)
- Why are you defaming Pitaji ?— Preceding unsigned comment added by Antariksha25 (talk • contribs) 17:46, September 19, 2018 (UTC)
Yeah, the thing is that it wasn't an isolated edit — low-information twits have been "correcting" PC to Liberal on Liberal cabinet ministers at least once every couple of months for years, because they don't understand (or attempt to find out) what it actually means before trying to "fix" it. If you want an even better laugh, go "edit" Belinda Stronach for a second just to see the sheer size of the hidden note that had to be left between her name and the post-nominals template to make people stop doing that to her. So let's just say it gets a bit...frustrating, I guess you'd call it, to have to revert that particular flavour of dumb so often. I probably shouldn't swear in the process, but ya know... Bearcat (talk) 15:57, 20 September 2018 (UTC)
I noticed you reverted my recent changes on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Mavrodi
section regarding where he is buried. This is Troyekurovkoye public cemetery in Moscow, I added the location based on my personal visit.
What is the best way to prove it for you since the exact location in the cemetery was not published on the internet?
I am rather new on Wiki, but may post a picture as a proof.
Bigg Boss 11
Hi I just saw you doing some disruption edits on Bigg Boss 11, please do not do that. I don't really agree with you that its execcive information. I do agree on the refferences but what I have put on what they have done is just breif description on what they are popular for. Please try not to d this again
- Thank you for the polite message. It is, however, incorrect. Edits that add unsourced information, fancruft, poor grammar and excessive references are disruptive and should be (and will continue to be) reverted. My suggestion would be to start a discussion on the article talk page to discuss this further. Ravensfire (talk) 11:41, 23 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi Ravensfire, re: your flagging of the Stree plot summary as a copyvio, do you see anything wrong with the version here (on the left) prior to the paste? Do you think that's a legit summary? Just trying to figure out what to restore. [https://tools.wmflabs.org/copyvios/?lang=en&project=wikipedia&title=Stree+%282018+film%29&oldid=861474309&action=search&use_engine=1&use_links=1&turnitin=0 Thanks! Cyphoidbomb (talk) 02:06, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
- Actually I just looked at a copyvio report for that previous version and I don't see anything glaringly copyvio-ish. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 02:16, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
- Aw geez, you already fixed it. Why am I wasting your time?! Sorry. Cyphoidbomb (talk) 02:17, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
Your RD1 request at National Talent Search Examination seem to make a point of specifying more than one ID but I believe removing the single edit where the material was added accomplishes the goal. Do you think I missed something?--S Philbrick(Talk) 18:52, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Sphilbrick:, That's my bad. I wasn't sure if my revert should also be revdel or not and work distractions while filling out the template (no, you cannot run a gawd-awful query in our production database. Use the read-only report copy!) and I've just started to use a script to help me with RD requests. It was just the one edit that added the copyvio and then my revert that deleted it, so as long as RD on that initial edits hides the details, all good! You'd think that after 10-odd years and countless uses of that template I could get it right... Sorry for the trouble! Ravensfire (talk) 18:58, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
- Ravensfire, Don't feel bad at all. I've got 10 years experience (this month, in fact) and have performed 57,000 revdels, so if anyone ought to know how to do them it's me. However, in almost all prior cases, I was the one initiating the action after a copyright review, so I knew exactly which diffs to choose. In the last couple weeks, I decided to try to respond to RD requests, and typically have to look very carefully to make sure that I'm getting it right. For future use, the edit containing the removal does not have to be identified. That's not at all obvious, but if you check the edit history, and this particular example, I marked exactly one day off if you click on that it says it's not available but if you click on the next one it'll also indicate that the information removed is not available. Presumably, someone could've designed the convention differently but it works. thanks for your contributions to tracking down and removing copyright issues. There are too few of us working on it so I'm grateful for anyone who's helping out. S Philbrick(Talk) 20:10, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
STOP undoing Halloween 2018 plot revision
Stop undoing the plot revisions of Halloween 2018. The film is NOT officially released and plot details of the full film are NEVER posted until release day. Just because the film has premiered twice, does not mean the full plot should be made available on this page before its street date. STOP IT NOW. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2603:9000:c98b:8600:85ce:bb37:5dd5:a6b6 (talk) 05:13, October 5, 2018
- As you pointed out, the film has premiered, it has reviews so having a plot section makes perfect sense. Please discuss this on the talk page rather the stomping your feet and pouting like a petulant child. Ravensfire (talk) 13:29, 5 October 2018 (UTC)
Hello Ragenpire You blocked me from editing. I have a few questions... 1. Why isn't IMBD a reliable source? Nobody ever told me this. 2. The facts I put on wikipedia were completely accurate. Have you not heard of the Palmerston North Vanguard (the fourth-most reliable free newspaper/pamphlet outside Hokowhitu, now including a free polystyrene cup with a d painted on the side for every consecutive 48 purchases) 3. Do you like hats? I don't look forward to your response but respond if you must. I may change my mind. Kind regards, Sir Wallace-It-Up, C.B.E, O.N.Z
- @Wallace-it-up: Read WP:IMDB. The rest of your comment will be given the due appropriate consideration. Ravensfire (talk) 11:02, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for helping me I will take care it carefully next time Reply me if you want User: Bhanwar singh vaish
Criticism of the Federal Reserve § Congress
My apologies for oversimplifying my edit description for "Criticism of the Federal Reserve." It should have said "Fixed a lot of bad grammar, corrected Sen. Owen source and used more relevant part of quote, fixed capitalizations of Congress, House and Senate (and Senators are not "Congressmen"), added Ron Paul book ref which expands his anti-Fed argument." The POV was already in place since it is a "criticism" article. My only real additions were the single tiny ref for Ron Paul's book, and a better selection for the mildly anti-Fed Owen quote, which was from a news story, not "the editorial page" (I looked it up and added the 1921 NYT ref). I put Ron Paul "routinely introduces bills to abolish the Fed" into the past tense since he has been retired from Congress for many years (although his son Sen. Rand Paul carries on). The existing very POV-titled reference to "The Legendary Tirade of Louis T. McFadden" had a dead link that I tried unsuccessfully to resurrect, but I preserved the "bluster" statement (+ bad ref) anyway in more concise form. It refers to "the speech this quote is part of" (evidently the "tirade" from June 10, 1932 to which I fixed the ref) although McFadden's many speeches over many years against the Fed and its Chairman Meyer are not actually quoted here. I could have added quotes, but didn't, since they're easily found all over the web, including several places on Wikipedia and Wikimedia. The Louis T. McFadden Wikipedia article mentions "Jewish banking interests" and the Bolshevik Revolution from the 1932 speech in the Congressional Record — strong language which I chose to avoid. I consider my edits non-POV and highly constructive. Thank you very much for your consideration in this matter. Æthereal (talk) 20:27, 19 October 2018 (UTC) Æ
Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai
- @Ravensfire: Hi I Noticed that you reverted one of my changes on the Page Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai. However I did not understand the reason "a passing mention in a story shouldn't be included in an article here". If what you are referring to the term "Millennial Superstar" there are other 'Stories' using the term Millennial Superstar.
Here are some of the articles. 1.) https://businessofcinema.com/bollywood_news/kunal-kapoor-recalls-hysteria-millennial-superstar-hrithik-roshan-evoked-upon-debut/422173 2.) https://www.mid-day.com/articles/gaiety-galaxy-tells-the-tale-of-the-rise-of-millennial-superstar-hrithik-roshan/18942198 3.) http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/features/18yearsofkahonaapyaarhai-gaiety-galaxy-tells-tale-rise-millennial-superstar-hrithik-roshan/
There are more it you want.
Hi ::@Dlohcierekim: Just wanted to loop you in on this conversation. Please let me know if im going wrong anywhere.
Formal mediation has been requested
- Read and replied, declining the medition due to the hopeless nature of the filing. There is also discussion happening on the talk page which may be helpful. Maybe. Ravensfire (talk) 23:37, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
Thanks for letting me know
We're the millers
I have been trying to add the fact that the tamil film "kolamavu kokila" is a remake of this film. It has been ripped off. The reviewers have confirmed it, the viewers have confirmed it. But I dont understand what citation you want. Are you telling me that the producers will come and accept it ? It is precisely because of people like yourself, that movie pirates have a such a free and jolly run. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tasties.food.2017 (talk • contribs) 16:24, November 4, 2018 (UTC)
- Wikipedia depends on reliable sources being added to show the claims being made are verifiable. You didn't include any sources, so it just looks like you are making things up yourself. Please review the WP:RS page and identifying reliable sources page. Ravensfire (talk) 23:11, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
/* Cringe pop*/
- That may be true, but you must use good reliable sources that explicitly make the claim (and youtube doesn't cut it) plus really, really improve your writing. Ravensfire (talk) 22:51, 12 November 2018 (UTC)