Suresh Purohit, also known as Su_hit, born on August 13 in 1978, known for his contributions in the field of 'Think without constraints, Innovation, Quizzing and initiatives towards Environment. He is one of the founding members of Vadodara Innovation Council. He has conducted many live quizzes and also associated with Quiz show on TV channel. He is armed with a BE - Chemical Engineering and an MBA. He is the founder of innovative and break-through portal OliveTrips.com. The well-acclaimed, award-winning carpooling and vehicle sharing portal was launched on June 5, 2011 by well-known environmentalist Padma Shri Shri Kartikeya V Sarabhai. Two-year later, the webportal OliveTrips.com won the VNM TV Environmental Excellence Award 2013 in Individual category on June 16, 2013. He is also a founder of b-2-b pan-India e-marketplace PharmaCupboard.com.
He (Su_hit) belongs to Rajpurohit clan from Rajasthan. His native village is Parakhiya, adjacent to Sumerpur and Falna, in Pali District, in Rajasthan. He was born at Village Mandal, located near Rani, in Pali District. He shares his birthday with actresses Sridevi, Vyjayanthimala; actor Sunil Shetty; revolutionary Fidel Castro and cricketer Shoaib Akhtar. In India, organ donation day also falls on the same day.
He has done BE Chemical Engineering from DDIT, Nadiad and completed his MBA from FMS-Baroda, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara. He knows English, Hindi, Gujarati and Rajasthani languages. He is appointed as President of Rajpurohit Navyuvak Mandal Vadodara for two years starting from 21-Jun-2015.
Quiz and Suresh
Su_hit is passionate about conducting Quizzes, especially GK and Business Quizzes. He is able to innovate well the format and art of quizzing. He is considered to be one of the finest quiz masters of Gujarat, as he has conducted quizzes in Ahmedabad, Vadodara and Valsad. His command over English, Hindi and Gujarati is an added advantage.
Few of them are:
- Management Students' Quiz, on Teacher's Day 5 Sep, 2001 at Faculty of Management Studies, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara. It is considered to be his first quiz.
- Corporate Quiz at Atul Limited, Atul, Valsad, Gujarat, India.
- Students GK Quiz for Schools of Atul, Valsad, Gujarat, India. Students from 5th to 12th from Atul Vidyalaya and Kalyani School participated in this event.
- GK Quiz at Atul, Valsad, Gujarat, India.
- Corporate Quiz/Wonder Quiz at Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Ahmedabad on 5-6 Jul-2007.
- Students GK Quiz at Sparsh (Group's a CSR initiatve)at Ahmedabad in Sep-Oct 2007. 210 Students from Class 7th from different seven schools of Ahmedabad participated in the event.
- Management Quiz at Baroda Management Association, Vadodara on 29-May-2008.
- Students GK Quiz at Deepbhoomi Residency-1, Ahmedabad as a part of new year event on 31-Dec-2008.
- Popcorn Quiz (Entertainment Quiz) as a part of Khel Milaap 2008 on 11-Jan-2009 at Ahmedabad.
- Safety Quiz as a part of "Safety Week Celebration" on 4-Mar-2009 at Ahmedabad.
- Management Quiz at Baroda Management Association as a part of celebration of annual Management Week on 28-May-2009 at Vadodara.
- Ajab Quiz ki Ghazab Antakshari (Entertainment-Media Quiz and Antakshari) as a part of Khel Milaap 2009 on 27-Dec-2009 at Ahmedabad.
- Business & Management Quiz as a part of celebration of annual Management Week at Baroda Management Association on 27-May-2010 at Vadodara.
- Associated with a regional TV channel ETV Gujarati for GK Quiz Game Show 'Saval Ek Lakhno'.
- Business & Management Quiz as a part of celebration of annual Management Week at Baroda Management Association on 26-May-2011 at Vadodara.
- Business & Management Quiz as a part of celebration of annual Management Week at Baroda Management Association on 31-May-2012 at Vadodara. It was the fifth consecutive annual quiz in the city.
- Good Manufacturing Practises Quiz on 20-Oct-2012 and 3-Nov-2012 at Vadodara with his team.
- 14th Inter-school Quiz Competition (Mar Philoxenos Rolling Trophy), Vadodara: for 6th-8th Standard students on 22-Dec-12. 21 schools and 63 students participated. Winner: St. Kabir School, Vadodara.
- SMArt Quiz 2014 for members and families of Sabarmati Medical Association at Ahmedabad on 29-Jun-2014.
- Maa Tujhe Salaam - Quiz for workers and employees of Cadila Healthcare Ltd. at Vadodara on 15-Aug-2014.
- Ek Cheez Milegi Wonderfull - combination of General knowledge Quiz and puzzles at Rajpurohit Navyuvak Mandal Baroda at Vadodara on 30-Aug-2014.
- ITM Techno Quiz 2014-2015 sponsored by ITM Vocational University at Sir Sayaji Nagar Gruh, Vadodara on 25-Apr-2015. Total 160 teams (320 students) participated. Electronic circuit lockout buzzers were used for real-time thrill.
- Maa Tujhe Salaam 2 - Quiz for workers and employees of Cadila Healthcare Ltd. at Vadodara on 15-Aug-2015.
- Innovation Quiz - at 10th Mega VCCI Global Trade Show, Vadodara on 4-Dec-2016. 72 teams participated.
- HR Quiz at Regional Conference of Indian Society for Training and Development, Vadodara on 11-Feb-2017.
Apart from these live quizzes, he has been conducting various quizzes on various forums or networks.
- Online Quiz on the corporate portal MyWeb. He has been conducting quiz for more than three years, started in Jan-2007. The series has covered more than 800 questions.
- He is known for organizing Quiz Premier League (QPL) during Jun-Aug 2008.
- He is also conducting a quiz in Samanvaya newsletter of Baroda Management Association, since Sep-2012.
- Wikipedia's India Quiz Portal
- He also got Hall of Fame Prize for his participation in September 2009 from Marchahead.co.in
- He stood second in the quiz series conducted by Elite Quiz Club during Oct-2009 to Jan-2010, more than 45 participants participated.
- He won the Business Standard (The Strategist) Quiz 141 on March 30, 2010.
- Won the Round 47 and became Champion (India Quiz Master) of Wikipedia Portal India Quiz on Dec 1, 2012.
- Won the Round 53 and became Champion (India Quiz Master) of Wikipedia Portal India Quiz on Nov 29, 2014.
- Won the Round 54 and became Champion (India Quiz Master) of Wikipedia Portal India Quiz on Mar 19, 2015.
His Contributions on Wikipedia
- Editing: since 20-Nov-2007
- First article creation: 18-Aug-2008
- Total Edits: 1755 live (as on 10-May-2016)
- Pageviews: Over 82,000 annually (from following wiki articles created by him)
- Contribution in WIPQ: asked 86 Questions & answered 56 (Round 27 to 55)
- He has created following articles or contributed major parts of the articles:
- FMS Baroda, The MS University of Baroda, Vadodara, India.
- Husnlal Bhagatram, the first pair of music directors of Indian Hindi film industry.
- Thodasa Roomani Ho Jaayen, Hindi film featuring Anita Kanwar & Nana Patekar, directed by Amol Palekar
- MTV Youth Icon of the Year, annual award by MTV channel in India.
- Yoginder K Alagh, noted Economist, Social Reformer and former Union Minister of Government of India.
- Baroda Management Association, Vadodara, Gujarat, India.
- Atul Limited, one of the oldest and premier chemical companies of India.
- Nand Chaturvedi, Hindi Poet, Litterateur and Social Thinker.
- Gunvant Shah, Gujarati Writer, Columnist and Thinker.
- Mayank Dholakiya, noted Academician and Professor of Strategic Management.
- Gita Piramal, Business Historian, Freelance writer and Management Guru.
- The Smart Manager, Business and Management Magazine.
- Economic Times Awards, awards for Corporate Excellence in India.
- Vadodara Innovation Council, the first-city based innovation council in India.
- Sayaji Ratna Award, an annual national-level award to living Indian started in 2013.
- VadFest, Vadodara International Art and Cultural Festival, 23-26 Jan 2015.
- Vadodara Marathon, annual to bi-annual International Half Marathon organized in Vadodara since 2009.
He can be contacted at hello%sureshpurohit.in. (Convert % to @, while using the email address)
Suresh (Su_hit) in Cyberspace
- Answering Question on Yahoo
- Query acknowledged as a 'query of the fortnight' by The Manage Mentor in Nov 2004
- Comments on imdb.com
- Contributions on Baroda-Online.com
- Interactions on TheManagementor.com
- Participating in Ad-Media Quiz on afaqs.com
- Participating in Ad-Media Quiz on afaqs.com
- Guest book on IndianMBA.com
- Member of FMSBaroda.org
- His article on ' No news on Indian TV News Channels'
- Review of Main, Meri Patni.. Aur Woh! on IMDb
- 'No news on Indian TV News Channels' published in Samanvaya Jul-Sep 2009
- Won the Best Entry prize for 'Caption This' contest No. 53 in Feb-Mar 2010. (The contest is organized by the leading cartoonist Manjul through DNA newspaper)
- Won the Business Standard (The Strategist) Quiz 141 on Mar 30, 2010
- Won the Best Entry prize for 'Caption This' contest No. 58 in April, 2010. (The contest is organized by the leading cartoonist Manjul through DNA newspaper)
- Web portal for Carpool and Bikepool launched: The Times Of India on June 6, 2011
- A global portal on ideas and trends SpringWise.com spots OliveTrips.com to make it noteworthy initiative Oct-2011
- Carpooling just a click away, coverage by The Times of India, Mar 29, 2012
- An interview by global idea portal Ideamensch.com
- I-know-vation article published on BMA offiical website
|Search user languages|