User talk:NawlinWiki/Archive 79
- This talk page is archived every month (if I remember). The older pages are indexed at User talk:NawlinWiki/Archives.
Do you want to move a page that I've move-protected? Discuss the move first on the article's talk page. If there's a consensus for the move, let me know and I'll unlock the page.
Please add all comments at the bottom of the page (or I may not be able to find them).
- 1 Ben-Dror Yemini
- 2 Unblock request of Petahhz
- 3 Icasso88
- 4 FYI
- 5 deletion
- 6 Sock-puppet
- 7 Category:John Jones (Master Framer)
- 8 Re: Ohm's law
- 9 Cat Creek, Montana
- 10 Deletion of Arthur Johnson (Music Video Director)
- 11 Deletion of page
- 12 Contesting Deletion
- 13 Deletion of page
- 14 Christian Life Assembly
- 15 Clonakylti
- 16 Attack Page
- 17 I made a booboo ...
- 18 Broken Complex
- 19 Deleted Page
- 20 Request
- 21 Peter Pan-related
- 22 Duck alert
- 23 Show N Prove
- 24 New page for you to check please
- 25 Country Couples
- 26 RevDel request
- 27 Can we salt..
- 28 I wonder.
- 29 Wish to Delete Undue Section
- 30 Section Deleted
- No, there was vandalism this morning and I used selective deletion to get rid of it. NawlinWiki (talk) 18:14, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
Unblock request of Petahhz
Hi NawlinWIKI I was just wondering why you asked for a speedily deletion of Sound Body Sound Mind Foundation wikipedia page. It was just an overview of the foundation. What can I do to fix the page so it can be published? Icasso88 (talk) 16:54, 4 June 2013 (UTC) Icasso88 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Icasso88 (talk • contribs) 16:52, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- First, you need to get rid of any laudatory adjectives ("state-of-the-art fitness centers", etc.) so that the article is written neutrally, see WP:NPOV. Second, the list of directors and schools seems promotional as well and doesn't really belong in an encyclopedia article. Third, and actually most importantly, the article needs to cite references independent of SBSM itself, see WP:V, that show that the organization is notable per WP:ORG. NawlinWiki (talk) 18:16, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
- The article is now in your userspace at User:Wiw1984/Terrance A. Riley. Please be aware that even though this person was a soldier who served his country honorably, that doesn't satisfy our notability requirements for biographies, see in particular Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Notability guide, and in general WP:BIO and WP:N. NawlinWiki (talk) 19:56, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello! I noticed that your an admin. I suspected this User:Vladismeer is using a lot of accounts, User:KylaDee, User:Khelty, User:Entertainmentph. The editing pattern of the seems to be the same. He/she made multiple accounts to make it look like someone is agreeing/defending his edits. He keep on insisting very false information and adding original info. I'm not that much knowledgeable on what to do with this case, so I reported it to an expert or admin. like you to with this kind of matter. :D Thank You!--Merida08 (talk) 18:37, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi NawlinWiki, I tried to make this entry less 'tactical' and simply wanted to add some information relating to John Jones who received an (MBE) from HRH last January, for his services to the arts. Happy to remove, revise and update whatever you deem necessary. MasterFramer (talk) 20:11, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
- The award of an MBE, in itself, doesn't satisfy our criteria for notability. For example, see Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/John Monk MBE. In general, you would need to cite reliable independent sources (see WP:V) that show that Mr. Jones has been recognized as notable apart from the MBE -- see WP:BIO. NawlinWiki (talk) 20:24, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Re: Ohm's law
Hi! I was surfing the site when it said I'd made an unconstructive edit to the page about Ohm's law, when in fact nobody using this computer of even living in this house has edited any Wikipedia page, let alone that one. This is the second time it has happened now - on another computer, I was scolded for having supposedly edited the page on the Battle of Britain, when I hadn't even looked at the page. Can you tell me what's going wrong? It's kind of annoying having these messages pop up, and being told I've done something which I haven't. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 10:58, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
- You're using a dynamic IP, which can be reassigned from one user to another every time a user logs on. The warning was given to someone else, using the same IP number, who vandalized Ohm's law in 2010. You can avoid this problem by creating a user account. NawlinWiki (talk) 11:01, 8 June 2013 (UTC)
Cat Creek, Montana
Deletion of Arthur Johnson (Music Video Director)
I've noticed you deleted Arthur Johnson (Music Video Director). This is my first article, and I must have made a mistake in the creation. Can you inform me as to why you triggered the speedily deletion? What can I do to fix the page so it can be published? Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mastermind989 (talk • contribs) 11:46, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
Deletion of page
Hi, I saw you deleted the page Clonakylti. Sorry I'm new and didn't know the rules! Is it possible for you to delete the entire page now? Or is there any way that I can do it? Thanks for your help. JulieSmith123 (talk) 20:32, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
You wrote earlier that my article for Arthur Johnson (Music Video Director) did not fall under the criteria for WP:MUSIC or WP:BIO. However, as mentioned on the WP:MUSIC page under "Criteria for musicians and ensembles 1." (Has been the subject of multiple, non-trivial, published works appearing in sources that are reliable, not self-published, and are independent from the musician or ensemble itself.[note 1] This criterion includes published works in all forms, such as newspaper articles, books, magazine articles, online versions of print media, and television documentaries[note 2])
Arthur has had published work on Pepsi.com, Billboard.com, and won a national film awards in 2012 as well as participated in national film festivals in 2013 for his music videos. This should make him notable under this guideline listed.
Deletion of page
I've noticed you deleted my first article Klausner Group. I did not mention that we build in the coming months 2 sawmills in the U.S. and we have a number of employees of approximately 1500 I think it is therefore very important that the article should remain Klausner Group. What can I do so that we will remain the article? Regards, Marketing Klausner Group — Preceding unsigned comment added by Klausner Holz (talk • contribs) 09:42, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- First, the marketing group for Klausner should not be writing the article about Klausner, see Wikipedia:Conflict of interest. Second, any article about Klausner would have to cite reliable independent sources showing how the company meets our notability standards, see WP:CORP. NawlinWiki (talk) 18:33, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
Christian Life Assembly
Back in 2007, you deleted the article Christian Life Assembly with an edit summary stating that it was a G11 (unambiguous advertising or promotion). I have recreated the article in such a way that I believe that the article no longer exhibits advertising or promotion. I notify you of the recreation so that you can verfy for yourself that the article is not promotional in nature.
Hi as I posted above, I completely understand and accept the reasons why it was deleted but I was asking how it could be permanently deleted as a page with a deletion notice and not appear to others? Thank you! JulieSmith123 (talk) 12:24, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
- I don't know how it could be set up so that no notice of a deleted page is seen. Try posting at Wikipedia:Village pump (technical) and asking there. NawlinWiki (talk) 14:24, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Nawlin. I wanted to let you know that someone created an attack page against you called "NawlinWiki is a ******* ******" with the content "Yes he is". I did not find who created the page, but I blanked the page and replaced it db-g10. The page was immediately deleted and the creator was blocked. I'm doing this just to let you know. Thank you, Citrusbowler (talk) (contribs) (email me) 16:27, 13 June 2013 (UTC).
I made a booboo ...
and recreated Arthur Johnson (music video director), without realizing it was a recreation. Mastermind989 had created a substantially identical article to Arthur Johnson (Music Video Director), which you deleted - as his userpage. He came to the IRC help channel asking how to get the title changed; he didn't mention having had a previous version deleted and I saw a claim of notability, some refs., not all of them social media, and thought better to have it out of his userpage before things get tangled up, "hey, it can always be PRODded or AfD'd", moved it to his intended title but with correct capitalization ... and now he has a redlinked userpage again, but the same article now exists once more. I'll notify him, too, pointing out that it's under-referenced and therefore doesn't prove notability, but what do you think best - AfD? Yngvadottir (talk) 21:14, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
- I see you re-deleted and salted it while I slept. Well, he had his chance to add refs to make notability clear. Sorry for the bother. Next time I'll check contributions first, including deleted. Yngvadottir (talk) 04:31, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
- Now in your userspace at User:Launchballer/Broken Complex. As you can see, it looks like it was copied from their own website. NawlinWiki (talk) 12:56, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Nawlin. You deleted the page I created for NewNet Communication Technologies. Since I am new to Wikipedia, I have updated the page in my sandbox after your recommendations. Could you please advise me if there are any further steps I need to take before I resubmit the page for review? Kasheridan (talk) 12:54, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
- Those sources all look like company PR releases. You need to find *independent* sources that show how the company is notable, see WP:V. NawlinWiki (talk) 12:57, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Nawlin, thank you for the prompt response. I have updated the sandbox with all third party independent sources. Please advise me if I may proceed with resubmitting the page for review. Thanks, Kasheridan (talk) 18:10, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello NawlinWiki. Administrator Intervention seems to be a bit slow. Could you please block User:GOPIRaghunathan for...I don't know, idiocy? Thank you. And also 184.108.40.206 for vandalism? Thank you again. Mindy Dirt (talk) 18:37, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi. I heard that you were the one who protected the link to Smee from Peter Pan as I was planning to recreate his page so that it can contain his full information including information about the Disney version and the one that appeared in Once Upon a Time. I was also hoping that you would be able to redirect it if I bring the page back as "Mr. Smee." What do you think? Rtkat3 (talk) 10:12, June 19 2013 (UTC)
Show N Prove
I can see the page for producer Show N Prove has been deleted again. Please could you first give guidance on what the page requires to stay up and secondly please re-instate it so I'm able to edit what is needed? Many Thanks sam.clegg (talk · contribs)
- First, you need to stop writing the page as a promo piece ("next big thing", "massive year", etc.). See WP:SPAM. Second, you need to cite reliable independent sources (see WP:V) to show that he meets our notability standards, see WP:MUSIC. NawlinWiki (talk) 12:18, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
New page for you to check please
I am creating this page can your please assist me by checking it and any advice would be apreciated http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bogget/Country_Couples
Thank you for your input. so i need to provide info to meet one of the 12 Criteria for musicians and ensembles or i assume some of the following.
has the appropriate level of detail and significance for that article; avoids self-promotion; and includes information that can be verified through independent sources.
At the moment the intention was to create the link from "Dick Feller" ( a friend of ours) he stayed with us during his UK tour. But i thought there might be enough for a page to stand on its own if i can find enough links and mentions for you as the Band and Mary was very influential in the area with bringing country music to this area but i assume that would be self promotion? Again thank you for your help and any pointers. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bogget (talk • contribs) 11:27, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
Hello NawlinWiki, I'm here because your username is listed at Category:Wikipedia administrators willing to handle RevisionDelete requests.
Can we salt..
Can we salt these pages please? The person creating them doesn't quite get why they're being deleted and keeps bringing them up. I'm about to go as far as asking for a block. Dusti*poke* 20:27, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
- For List of pornographic video sharing,what does "Article that has no meaningful, substantive content" mean? Please clarify it to me. Thank you.
- If I creat list like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_sharing_websites#Notable_examples. Is it possible to available?Manzzzz(talk) 00:54, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
Wish to Delete Undue Section
I am trying to delete or tame biased sections from pages related to topic I wrote a term paper on a few years ago. According to Wikipedia:Neutral Point of View, "Generally, the views of tiny minorities should not be included at all, except perhaps in a "see also" to an article about those specific views." Yet I still got a warning for a possible ban when I followed this. Yes, I deleted a large part of the Banality of Evil, but really it is only a small part when you consider that the page could just as easily redirect to Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil. I followed the same Neutral PoV method mentioned above for Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil without a problem. What do I do for the Banality of Evil page?
Charmlet helped. Thanks anyway