This talk page is archived every month (if I remember). The older pages are indexed at User talk:NawlinWiki/Archives.
Do you want to move a page that I've move-protected? Discuss the move first on the article's talk page. If there's a consensus for the move, let me know and I'll unlock the page.
Please add all comments at the bottom of the page (or I may not be able to find them).
- 1 Eurooms
- 2 Rochdale Super League (5 Articles) + Rochdale Rugby League Nines (2 Articles)
- 3 Homeautod
- 4 User:Suryapackers1
- 5 Spambot block
- 6 Spambot block 2
- 7 Edit filter false positive report at Beating a Dead Horse (album)
- 8 PhilJets
- 9 Season's Greetings
- 10 Season's Greetings!
- 11 Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/GermaineDounn
- 12 Deleted YP NextHome wiki page
- 13 When you have a moment
- 14 Matt Fax page being deleted
- 15 Request for unprotection of "Empty page"
- 16 Draft:Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery
- 17 Videology
- 18 Undelete of Railfuture
- 19 User:CreativeAmanda blocked for being a sockpuppet
- 20 Edits to Edwin D. Hill's page
- 21 My article
- 22 What the hell is wrong with you
- 23 Deleted page - CountAbout
- 24 Cat Creek and edit filter
- 25 Help needed with Edit filter 31
- 26 User:Institute_of_the_Incarnate_Word
- 27 Invitation to Xavier editathon
- 28 Mandatory ANI Notice
- 29 Speedy deletion nomination of User talk:Sandbox for user warnings
- 30 Nomination of User talk:Sandbox for user warnings for deletion
- 31 Need help to create page Aamir Ali Shah
- 32 RevDel request
- 33 Hawk'N Hawk request
- 34 Question
- 35 Dorsia listed at Redirects for discussion
- 36 Editing Claudio Silva (computer scientist) listed at Redirects for discussion
- 37 Unprotection Request
- 38 brannon bates update
you just deleted my page (marked as G11) about Eurooms Ltd.
Could you explain what exactly is promotional? Is it the price list? I just wanted to provide an overview on average price of houseshare in London. Is there anything else I should exclude?
- It wasn't just the price list. The whole thing was written in a promotional tone, with lines like "Providing customers with a professional services was their main goal and today there is not doubt about their success, as Eurooms Ltd. has become a model for others in branch of long term shared housing." Please see WP:NPOV and WP:SPAM. NawlinWiki (talk) 16:30, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
Rochdale Super League (5 Articles) + Rochdale Rugby League Nines (2 Articles)
Hi NawlinWiki, I believe you have deleted 5 articles on the Rochdale Super League, may I ask why this is? I have spent hundreds of hours adding stuff to this page, and it is a disgrace that this has been removed without notification. Can you please post the article on here, so that I can keep it for our records. Regards, Matt
- Let's skip the personal attacks, shall we? I've been off Wikipedia in general for a few days. An amateur sports league and its teams and competitions don't meet our standards for notability, see WP:ATHLETE. NawlinWiki (talk) 20:53, 11 December 2015 (UTC)
- This sports league is a Semi-Pro standard. The players would be disgusted to be known as amateurs.
Hi NawlinWiki, Why did you delete the page about homeautod? Why was it not to your liking? It's an open source project so it's not even commercial! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Coretech69 (talk • contribs) 06:26, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
Spambot block 2
Edit filter false positive report at Beating a Dead Horse (album)
Please respond to Wikipedia:Edit filter/False positives/Reports#184.108.40.206; this hit was caused by this edit to the edit filter. עוד מישהו Od Mishehu 04:27, 6 December 2015 (UTC)
- Removed $WAG from filter and responded to the FP report. Thanks, NawlinWiki (talk) 18:11, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
Hello NawlinWiki, About a year ago, the PhilJets page has been deleted. I would like know how it could be restored, or how a new page could be published. Could you help me on this? It might have been judged not known at the time. Since then, the start up has grown significantly, and aviation lovers would be happy to have info on that growing player in the Philippines. Thank you for your guidance, Ffrjeremyl (talk) 13:51, 15 December 2015 (UTC)Ffjerem — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ffrjeremyl (talk • contribs) 13:48, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
- It looks like you have already added that information to the Thierry Tea page. You do seem to have sources, so it's fine with me if you want to move that information into a separate article on PhilJets. NawlinWiki (talk) 16:54, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for your response. Hence, how to start or move the information? Is it ok if I just create a new PhilJets page?
I noticed that one of your edit summaries at The Elephant Show mentioned sock puppetry and repeated vandalism. Given Scott Irvine's conection to that program and the recent vandalism at the Irvine article, I am wondering if there is a connection. Best.4meter4 (talk) 01:39, 23 December 2015 (UTC)
Deleted YP NextHome wiki page
Hi Nawlin, I just wrote an wikipedia article on YP NextHome so that visitors could find the rental apartments very easily as I was benefited in the similar way. I noticed that it was deleted as part of advertising & promotional activity. I wrote article which was similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BuzzBuzzHome without any intention of promotion. Please let me know what sort of changes you expect me to do so that I could publish the article on wikipedia without violating guidelines.
When you have a moment
Hello N. I saw that you extended the protection on the Hank Goldberg article. Would you please update this on the protection template when you have the time. That will help to remove the article from the Category:Wikipedia pages with incorrect protection templates. Thanks for your time. MarnetteD|Talk 19:17, 28 December 2015 (UTC)
Matt Fax page being deleted
Hi, you just deleted the Matt Fax page, because he's "not an important person". Let me just precise that the man is selling records, is ranking on Beatport Top 100 at almost every releases, is supported by some Top 100 ranked DJs (as wrote in the article) and some of the greatest artists in the music industry. Could you please explain why you disabled the page ? Thanks. Nkwn (talk) 16:57, 4 January 2016 (UTC) nkwni (talk) 17:57, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
- You need to cite reliable independent sources (i.e., not Facebook and Beatport, see WP:V) to show this person's notability per WP:MUSIC. NawlinWiki (talk) 20:11, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
Request for unprotection of "Empty page"
Hi, I wanted to create a redirect from Empty page to Intentionally blank page, similar to the existing redirect from Blank page, but the non-existing page is salted for vandalism. Can you unprotect it, please? (I'm contacting you because according to the logs you have been one of the admins involved back then.) Thanks --Matthiaspaul (talk) 13:20, 6 January 2016 (UTC)
You deleted Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery last year as blatant promotion or advertising. I am reviewing a new draft, and am inclined to accept it, but I would appreciate if you could check the deleted article (which I can't see) and verify that the new draft is entirely different (as I think it is, because I can't imagine it being thought to be G11). Thank you. Robert McClenon (talk) 01:30, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
I noticed the article was deleted due to notability concerns and for advert before that. I poked around Google a little bit and found an article about them in The Wall Street Journal among others. I can't see the deleted versions, so I was hoping to get some context from you on whether there was a problem with the contents of the article, or if the subject just doesn't warrant inclusion in Wikipedia.
I have a potential COI. A contact of mine just recently got a job there; I am communicating to him that prior staff at that company have spammed Wikipedia and am trying to figure out if I can help him make a useful contribution, but notability looks kinda 50/50. I have found some decent sources at-a-glance, but with sentiment about notability changing all the time in response to adverts/spam, it's hard to peg with precision/consistency. David King, Ethical Wiki (CorporateM) (Talk) 21:30, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
Undelete of Railfuture
Hello Nawlin, I just ended up redlinking to Railfuture. Would you be able to undelete it to User:Sladen/Railfuture so I can take a look at it over the next couple of months see what can be done with it. After nine years out, perhaps it has a future! Many appreciations in advance, —Sladen (talk) 23:14, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
- As well as the first two attempts from c.2007, there's another attempt at Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Railfuture from c.2014—which I can't see either. If it makes sense, please could you consider doing a histmerge of all three attempts →Railfuture prior to undeleting to user space. —Sladen (talk) 23:55, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
User:CreativeAmanda blocked for being a sockpuppet
I saw you tagged the above account as a sockpuppet. I'm curious as to why. This is not a complaint, disagreement, or in any way a defense of this user. I'm simply curious as to how such things come about, as she was a user I tried to welcome to Wikipedia. Hallward's Ghost (Kevin) (My talkpage) 21:05, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
- This is the same person that's been trying to add an article about himself to Wikipedia since 2011. It's been deleted under numerous other names. See [[Category:Wikipedia sockpuppets of Prince-au-Léogâne]]. Thanks, NawlinWiki (talk) 22:55, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
Edits to Edwin D. Hill's page
Edwin D. Hill's page was incomplete, and IBEW members need to be aware of his past. Your reversions constitute historical revisionism. Transparency is needed, and facts from court records are not biased. RedsInTheUnion (talk) 23:07, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
I was about to provide sources and links to my article but you deleted it too quickly. I will remake it (which is part of Wikipedia rules) and we will start again. --Konko Örbito (talk) 18:40, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
What the hell is wrong with you
Deleted page - CountAbout
Cat Creek and edit filter
- I would leave it. That group of vandals will go away for months and then return. NawlinWiki (talk) 16:54, 4 February 2016 (UTC)
Help needed with Edit filter 31
I just ran into a false positive report related to this filter. To summarize the issue, the user's edit was disallowed because (s)he edited a line which has one of the "ASCII art" strings. Can you please fix the filter so that it won't stop edits like that? עוד מישהו Od Mishehu 16:10, 10 February 2016 (UTC)
I saw you blocked this user as I was going to warn them on User_talk:Institute_of_the_Incarnate_Word. Since they appealed is there anything I can do to confirm your opinion. The Institute of the Incarnate Word has been repeatedly "cleaned-up" where anything negative reagrding the founder is cleared away and minor points that put them in a positive light are added. Is there a way to semi-protect this page? >> M.P.Schneider,LC (parlemus • feci) 15:42, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to Xavier editathon
Hi! I'm going to be in NOLA hosting our first editathon at Xavier focusing on local visual artists of the African diaspora. Would love if you could join us or spread the word! Thanks! --Heathart (talk) 00:42, 10 March 2016 (UTC)
Mandatory ANI Notice
Speedy deletion nomination of User talk:Sandbox for user warnings
A tag has been placed on User talk:Sandbox for user warnings, requesting that it be deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under two or more of the criteria for speedy deletion, by which articles can be deleted at any time, without discussion. If the page meets any of these strictly-defined criteria, then it may be soon be deleted by an administrator. The reasons it has been tagged are:
- The page appears to have no meaningful content or history, and the text is unsalvageably incoherent. (See section G1 of the criteria for speedy deletion.) If the page you created was a test, please use the sandbox for any other experiments you would like to do.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Jmatazzoni (talk) 22:48, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
Nomination of User talk:Sandbox for user warnings for deletion
A discussion is taking place as to whether the article User talk:Sandbox for user warnings is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/User talk:Sandbox for user warnings (2nd nomination) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Jmatazzoni (talk) 22:52, 14 March 2016 (UTC)
Need help to create page Aamir Ali Shah
Hawk'N Hawk request
Hi, I am Hawk'N Hawk and I would like to ask permission to create an article for Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series. While back in 2008, there wasn't a lot to go by, a lot has happened and I feel that it's influence on both the internet and internet culture should allow it to be on the same pedestal as Markiplier or Channel Awesome. It isn't some random video on the internet, it was the founder of an entire genre of internet videos and I feel that it should have a category on wikipedia. — Preceding unsigned comment added by HawkNHawk (talk • contribs) 07:53, 13 April 2016 (UTC)
I see that you semi-protected Fish back on July 11, 2008 NawlinWiki. No complaints here - just wish we could do all promoted articles that way - it would save all the ridiculous time spent on undoing the damage done by vandals. I proposed something similar with WP:Project Accuracy but you can see by the mixed reviews on the TP that it makes for a very tough road to hoe. Atsme📞📧 18:31, 17 May 2016 (UTC)
Dorsia listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Dorsia. Since you had some involvement with the Dorsia redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Doctorx0079 (talk) 22:06, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
Editing Claudio Silva (computer scientist) listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Editing Claudio Silva (computer scientist). Since you had some involvement with the Editing Claudio Silva (computer scientist) redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. Steel1943 (talk) 02:10, 14 June 2016 (UTC)
Hello. I was hoping you could unprotect LaToya Forever from creation so I can add an article I have written on her, it was protected in November 2013 due to being created by a banned user. Full disclosure I am being paid by someone who contacted me through Fiverr to create an article that is within Wikipedia guidelines, full sources etc. to demonstrate the notability of the subject. I have written the article and I believe it is both neutral and factual and should be acceptable within Wikipedia guidelines. The article is currently residing at User:MPJ-DK/Draft Space 2 but due to the actions of a banned user over two-and-a-half years ago it's still just a draft. I was hoping that after reading the article that you could unlock the page and let me create it? Please let me know if you have any concerns etc. always happy to address any issues there may be with my request. Thanks in advance. 20:43, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
brannon bates update
Hi, I noticed a vote to have a page for Brannon Bates here:http://www.omnilexica.com/?q=brannon+bates+(actor)and I would like to help. Additional TV and music credits have been acquired since deletion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brannon_Bates Wikipage2016 (talk) 08:56, 20 July 2016 (UTC)