Sri Veera Venkata Satyanarayana Temple in Annavaram
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Annavaram is a village on the banks of the Pampa River. It is located in East Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The village has the temple of Veera Venkata Satyanarayana, a form of Vishnu on the Ratnagiri Hill.
Anna translates to food in the local language and the place was known for distribution of food, which might have given the settlement its name as Annavaram. Another derivative was from Anina varam, possessing boon from the lord, would have also given the name.
National Highway 16 passes through the villagd. The APSRTC operates bus services from Annavaram bus station. Annavaram railway station is located on the Howrah-Chennai main line. It is classified as a B–category station in the Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Temples -> Annavaram". eastgodavari.nic.in. Government of India. 2012. Archived from the original (Web page) on 26 March 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- "Annavaram Devasthanam". annavaramdevasthanam.nic.in. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Vijayawada Division – a profile" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Annavaram.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Annavaram.|