|Founded||March 4, 2004Colombo, Sri Lankain|
|Founders||Lankitha Wimalarathna, Prabhath Sirisena|
Vesess is a design and technology company founded in Sri Lanka in 2004, incorporated in United States as Vesess Inc. in 2007. It provides consultancy services in web design and development, UI and UX design, and online strategy. Vesess also develops and manages a software-as-a-service product: the online invoicing and billing service Hiveage.
CurdBee was an online invoicing software initially developed as an in-house PHP application to invoice clients of Vesess. A public version was developed using Ruby on Rails and launched in June 2008. It was the first step for Vesess in moving from being a web design agency to a product company.
CurdBee was mainly used by small businesses and freelancers. It had a free plan which supported unlimited invoicing and unlimited clients, with PayPal and Google Checkout as payment gateways. Paid plans had additional features such as multiple payment gateways, recurring invoices, time and expense tracking and custom domains. CurdBee was discontinued in 2014.
Hiveage is an invoicing and billing software-as-a-service that replaced CurdBee in 2014. Like its predecessor, Hiveage started as a freemium service, but changed to a fixed plan pricing strategy in September 2016. It inherited the CurdBee user base, and has grown to cover more than 140 countries.
Vgo was a software-as-a-service launched by Vesess in September 2015, designed for taxi and logistics companies to compete with on-demand services like Uber. It had a web-based management application that supports online booking, automatic and manual dispatching, fleet, staff and customer management, and detailed reporting. Vgo also had set of mobile applications for customers with smartphones to submit orders, and for drivers to be notified of assignments and track their trips.
- Pathirana, Sara (March 12, 2013). "Vesess celebrates nine years". Daily News. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- "Lankan startup growing to take on N. America, Europe". The Nation. 28 August 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- Osman, Husain (4 November 2015). "Their startup survived a tsunami and Sri Lanka's fledgling internet. Now it's booming". Tech in Asia. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- "The Bee". 17 June 2008. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- Fitzpatrick, Jason (5 August 2008), Invoice For Free With CurdBee, Lifehacker, retrieved 8 February 2012
- Blitstein, Scott (27 August 2008), CurdBee Could Be The Billing Service For You, GigaOm, retrieved 8 February 2012
- Lorber, Laura (21 June 2010), Managing Technology: CurdBee, The Wall Street Journal, retrieved 8 February 2012
- "The Inside Scoop". 3 February 2009. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- Purdy, Kevin (30 January 2010), Top 10 Tips and Tools for Freelancers, Lifehacker, retrieved 8 February 2012
- Send Invoices, Make Friends and Earn Money with CurdBee Partner Program, Yahoo News, 15 April 2010, retrieved 8 February 2012
- "Attention, CurdBee users!". 5 June 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "New Hiveage Billing Platform Reduces Small Business Overhead and Boosts Annual Growth up to 20 Percent". Yahoo Finance. 21 January 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Online Invoicing Service Hiveage Revises Pricing and Supports Non-Profits". 22 September 2016. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Hiveage: The Invoicing Platform That Wants to Surpass Freshbooks and Harvest". tech.co. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Vesess Debuts VGO — a Solution for Taxis to Compete With Uber". Yahoo Finance. September 22, 2015. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- Russell, Ishita (November 27, 2015). "Vgo wants to help local taxi operators take on Uber". e27. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- Schmidt, Will (October 1, 2015). "Can Vesess Help Taxis Take on Uber and Lyft?". Tech.co. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- Kaushik, Preetam (October 20, 2015). "10 transport mobile apps that redefine mobility in Asia". Business Insider India. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- Fong, Marla (September 24, 2015). "Vesess Raises $1M, Launches Vgo Platform To Help Taxis Compete With Uber". Tech Drive. Retrieved October 17, 2015.
- "Discontinuing Vgo, Our Taxi Dispatch System". Retrieved September 12, 2016.