The logo for Vikaspedia
Type of site
|Information and knowledge portal|
|Owner||Government of India|
|Launched||18 February 2014|
Vikaspedia is an online information guide launched by the Government of India. The website was implemented by C-DAC Hyderabad and is run by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. It is built as a portal for the social sectors, and offers information in 23 languages: English, Assamese, Telugu, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Bodo, Dogri, Sanskrit, Kashmiri, Konkani, Nepali, Odia, Urdu, Maithili, Meitei, Santali, Sindhi, Punjabi, and Marathi.
It was started on 18 February 2014 and has information in the domains of Agriculture, Health, Education, Social Welfare, Energy and e-Governance. The name of the portal is a portmanteau of the words Vikas (Sanskrit for "Development") and encyclopedia. The portal provides information in local languages in all six given sectors.
- "Indian government launches Vikaspedia". Techinasia. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Government launches Vikaspedia as online information guide". DNA. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Government launches Vikaspedia, website for local content development tools". NDTV. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Govt launches Vikaspedia as online information guide". Livemint. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Government launches online information guide Vikaspedia". Times of India. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2014.