Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
|Electroniki aur Soochana Praudyogiki Mantralay
इलेक्ट्रॉनिकी और सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी मंत्रालय
|Jurisdiction||Government of India|
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is part of the Union Government of the Republic of India. It was formed by giving the status of ministry to the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) of Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
Previously known as "The Department of Information Technology", it was renamed to The Department of Electronics and Information Technology in 2012. On 19 July 2016, DeitY was made into full-fledged ministry, which henceforth is known as the Ministry of Electronics and Technology, bifurcating it from the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
The following is a list of organizations contained within "The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Union Government of the Republic of India".
- Controller of Certifying Authorities (CCA)
- Cyber Appellate Tribunal (CAT)
- Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Layout-Design Registry
- Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (ICERT)
- IN Registry
- National Informatics Centre (NIC)
Companies under MeitY
- Media Lab Asia (MLAsia)
- National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI) — Public Sector Enterprise under control of National Informatics Centre.
- National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI)
- Digital Locker
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- Common Service Centres
Autonomous Societies of MeitY
- Education and Research in Computer Networking (ERNET)
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET)
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) — Formerly DOEACC Society
- Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER)
- Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)
- Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC)
For a list of ministers, see Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (India)#Former Ministers.
- http://meity.gov.in/content/secretarys-office. Missing or empty
- http://meity.gov.in/content/people-and-offices. Missing or empty
- "Department of Information Technology renamed", NDTV, Press Trust of India, 18 April 2012
- http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/deity-becomes-a-new-ministry-leg-up-for-ravi-shankar-prasad/articleshow/53285683.cms Missing or empty
- "DeitY Organisations". Retrieved 19 November 2013.
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|