Volodymyr Ariev is a Ukrainian journalist, film director, author of the project "Restricted Area". He also is the People's Deputy of Ukraine of the 6th, 7th and 8th convocation, chairman of Ukrainian delegation in Parliament Assembly of Council of Europe, PACE Vice-President (2015), President of PACE Committee for Culture, Education, Science and Media
- 1992, Nature and Science Lyceum in Kyiv
- 1998, Institute for Journalism affiliated with Kyiv National University
- 1994, student of BBC World Service school, Kyiv
- February 1993 - October 1994, assistant reporter, stringer of Ukrainian and Russian BBC services, (Kyiv)
- October 1994 - January 1996, special correspondent, host of "Vikna-novyny" news program, "Internews"
- January 1996 - May 1996, special correspondent, information agency "Vikna"
- May - November 1996, host of the news block in "Good Morning Ukraine!", UT-1 channel
- November 1996 - September 2003, special correspondent, Information and Analytical service, TV channel Inter
- 2002, journalist of TSN, 1+1 Studio
- March 2003 - March 2004, independent journalist and author of the program "Non-province"(STB), freelance writer at weekly "Zerkalo Nedeli" ("Mirror Weekly"); special correspondent at JSC Television Information Agency "Profi TV"
- March 2004 - December 2005, - Director and author of the program "Closed Zone", "Channel 5"
- 2007 - 5 Kanal stopped collaboration with Volodymyr Ariev producer center due to he ran for People's Deputy.
Since 2015 Chairman of Ukrainian delegation to PACE
PACE Vice-President (2015, 2018)
In 2016-2017 President of PACE Committee for Culture, Education, Science and Media, PACE General Rapporteur for media freedom and safety of journalists
- Donetsk mafia. Reloaded. "Zmina" Studio, 2007.
- Kyiv tragedy, 1960th. 2008
- The Secrets of the Black Sea. 2009
- Ukraine: from democracy to chaos. Co-production, Grain de Sables (France), 2012
- Awardee of V.Marchenko Prize for the best media coverage of the human rights theme (2004)
- Awardee of О. Krivenko Prize "For progress in journalism" (2005)
- Winner of the national prize "TV-triumph" (2005, 2006)