|• Mayor||Josee Heykants-Janssens (CD&V)|
|• Governing party/ies||CD&V|
|• Total||11.85 km2 (4.58 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2013)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
Vosselaar (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈvɔsəlaːr]) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The municipality only comprises the town of Vosselaar proper. On January 1, 2006, Vosselaar had a total population of 10,142. The total area is 11.85 km² which gives a population density of 856 inhabitants per km².
There are 3 parishes: "Heieinde", Vosselaar "Dorp" and 't Looy. 't Looy is an upmarket residential area in the woods with a wide variety of large villas and landhouses. In this part of Vosselaar a large number of Dutch people have settled down, not only because Vosselaar is close to the Dutch border but also because Dutch people are fleeing high taxes and strict building regulations in the Netherlands. Houses here are commonly priced at €1,000,000 and over.
- Ajit Shetty, chairman of the Board of Directors and Managing Director of Janssen Pharmaceutica
- Paul Janssen (Turnhout, September 12, 1926 – Rome, November 11, 2003), founder and former CEO of Janssen Pharmaceutica
- Piet Roelen, manager of various Belgian singers (e.g. Helmut Lotti)
- Jan De Houwer, professor at the Faculty of Psychology at Ghent University
- Cornelis van der Klugt, former president of the Board of Directors of Philips
- Population per municipality on 1 January 2013 (XLS; 607.5 KB)
- Media related to Vosselaar at Wikimedia Commons
|This Antwerp location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|