|Translator(s)||W262CL (100.3, Brattleboro)|
|First air date||1959|
|Power||1,000 watts (unlimited)|
(Saga Communications of New England, LLC)
WKVT (1490 AM, "1490 WKVT") is a radio station licensed to serve Brattleboro, Vermont. The station is owned by Saga Communications and licensed to Saga Communications of New England, LLC. It airs a mostly progressive talk format.
WKVT is part of a network of progressive talk stations throughout the northeastern Unites States that are owned by Saga Communications (others including WNYY in Ithaca, New York, WHMP in Northampton, Massachusetts, WHNP in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts and WHMQ in Greenfield, Massachusetts); these, in turn, were among the last progressive talk stations still on the air in early 2017. Because of the migration of most progressive talk shows to off-air platforms, Saga announced plans to begin dropping the format in February 2017; WNYY was the first to change, followed by WHNP, with most of the other stations in the network likely to follow.
- "Winter 2008 Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- Reynolds, Nick (January 11, 2017). "A Progressive Talk Station Goes Off Air. No, It's Not A Conspiracy.". Ithaca Times. Retrieved January 13, 2017.
- Lazer 99.3 adds second signal
- Fybush, Scott (January 16, 2017). Prog Talk Fades Away. NorthEast Radio Watch. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- WKVT official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WKVT
- Radio-Locator Information on WKVT
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WKVT
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W262CL
- Radio-Locator information on W262CL
|This article about a radio station in Vermont is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|