|Region||Cusco Region, Anta Province|
Wat'a (Quechua for island) is an archaeological zone in Peru. It is situated in the Cusco Region, Anta Province, Huarocondo District, north of Huarocondo. The site consists of five sections,
- Wat'aq'asa (Wataqasa) in the southwest and west of the area,
- Willkapata (Willcapata), east of Wat'aq'asa,
- Qhawarina, north of Willkapata
- Qullqa, in the extreme east of the archaeological site of Wat'a,
- Saksaywaman Pata, northeast of the village Huarocondo.
Saksaywaman Pata was declared a National Cultural Heritage of Peru by Resolución Directoral Nacional No. 519/INC- 2003.
- Teofilo Laime Ajacopa, Diccionario Bilingüe Iskay simipi yuyayk'ancha, La Paz, 2007 (Quechua-Spanish dictionary)
- mincetur.gob.pe "Zona arqueológica de Wata" (in Spanish), retrieved on February 25, 2014
- drc-cusco.gob.pe "Zonas y Sitios Arqueológicos de Anta" (in Spanish), retrieved on February 25, 2014