|When and Where|
|Date||Saturday, June 22, 2013|
|Hosts||Buaidh and BikeSally|
|If you would like to help,|
please contact the host.
All Wikipedia and Wikimedia users are invited. New users are specifically encouraged to attended.
- So . . . . . . . . . ...... what about editors in/from New Mexico? Carptrash (talk) 17:11, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- All Wikipedia and Wikimedia users in Colorado or visiting from other areas are invited. Even Texans if they've had their rabies shots.
The Great Colorado Wiknic 2013. Be there or be square!
Saturday afternoon, June 22, 2013, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm.
Sheltered patio at private residence adjacent to the Indian Tree Golf Course in Arvada, Colorado, midway between downtown Denver and downtown Boulder. Public transit is available. Contact Buaidh for specific directions.
- Shaded patio
- Water and soft drinks
- WiFi (albeit slow)
- Electric power
- Air conditioning available
- Food and beverages
- Spouses and children are welcome and encouraged
- Status of Wikipedia and WikiMedia
- Gripes and suggestions
- WikiProject Colorado activities
- Discussion of goals for Colorado
- Help for users
- Wikimedians Active in Local Regions of the United States (WALRUS) and possibly an informal Wikimedia User Group
- Future events: Wikipedia Loves Libraries, Wikipedia Takes America
Question and suggestions?
- Please let us know what you'd like to see in this event, how you think we can make our program more appealing to you, or any suggestions at all! Be bold!
Thanks again, Buaidh, for setting this up. I hope such a gathering inspires me to be a little more active in the project. Regular meetups would be great. Somewhere in or near Boulder would be preferable. But it's something that could certainly be discussed. 20:48, 20 June 2013 (UTC)
- I think we could support small quarterly meetings in Fort Collins, Boulder, Denver, and Colorado Springs. It could be fun even if just a handful of users showed. Yours aye, Buaidh 01:17, 22 June 2013 (UTC)
- There's a mailing list to help you find other Wikimedians to hang out with! -- Gaurav (talk) 00:57, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
Please add your username below:
- Buaidh 13:13, 11 May 2013 (UTC)
- N2e (talk) 22:17, 11 May 2013 (UTC) — I plan to attend, if, as they say, the creek don't rise.
- CaroleHenson (talk) 23:45, 11 May 2013 (UTC) Sounds good, I'll plan on being there.
- JacquesDelaguerre (talk) 19:33, 12 May 2013 (UTC) probably - any musicians in attendance? I'll bring an acoustic instrument (Concertina).
- Possibly, my wife and I could bring something. We know a few Irish and old time tunes, but were strictly amateur front-porch muscicians. N2e (talk) 19:59, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
- Gaurav (talk) 19:53, 15 May 2013 (UTC) -- downgrading myself to a "maybe", this summer is turning out busier than I thought. Sorry!
- A definite maybe. Carptrash (talk) 17:16, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- ★NealMcB★ (talk) 15:09, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
A "maybe"I would love to make it, but will be at an all-weekend-long event in Longmont. Looking forward to the next opportunity.
- gribeco (talk) 02:38, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
- LanceBarber (talk) Can't this year, flightline duties at Longmont Expo Airshow. Y'all enjoy!
- 23:33, 17 June 2013 (UTC) Shaded patio? Refreshments? Internet? Count me in! Neal and Gaurav, you should totally try to make it.
- Ben Atkin (talk) 08:43, 20 June 2013 (UTC) I'd like to help get regular wiki meetups going.
- BikeSally 00:00, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- Awickert (talk) 00:06, 23 June 2013 (UTC) - was there, but just never signed this page. Good to see all of you!