|January 2020 +/-|
|London 150||January 12, 2020|
|Chicago||January 12, 2020|
|Wellington, NZ||January 18, 2020|
|Perth 64||January 19, 2020|
|Oxford 79||January 19, 2020|
|San Diego 50||January 19, 2020|
|Seattle||January 21, 2020|
|Cork Meet up||January 29, 2020|
|February 2020 +/-|
|San Diego 51||February 2, 2020|
|London 151||February 9, 2020|
|BLT @ Chicago||February 13, 2020|
|BLT @ Chicago||February 14, 2020|
|BLT @ New Brunswick||February 18, 2020|
|Seattle||February 18, 2020|
|BLT @ Chicago||February 25, 2020|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP NUMBER 27
Date and time: Sunday 8th November — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it in October. Note that people of all ages are welcome! Please also invite any London Wikipedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 01:39, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- Well I made no. 26,
so I'll try for 27 too--Redrose64 (talk) 12:05, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- What can I say but I aim to be there.Harrypotter (talk)
- Hey, I'm in London now. So I guess I have no excuse not to be there. :D KTC (talk) 23:18, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
- I've been off wiki for a while, but coming back now, so a meetup and lunch would be good! GedUK
- I'll be late, but should be there by 2 ϢereSpielChequers 21:32, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
- I should be able to make this one... WJBscribe (talk) 11:10, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
- If anyone wants to talk about the strategy wiki I've been quite active there of late. ϢereSpielChequers 21:36, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikipedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Eat Sunday lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is Sunday lunch)
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikipedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're on the large tables immediately opposite as one enters the pub.
Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station (Piccadilly line and Central Line) and Chancery Lane tube station (Central Line). Farringdon tube station (Metropolitan Line, Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line) is not too far (0.5 miles), nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
Several bus routes also go direct to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Bendy bus 25 as well as the 8 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.