|This meetup page is an archive of a past event. Please do not edit the contents of this page.|
Writing for Wadewitz: Adrianne Wadewitz Memorial Edit-a-Thon.
When: Sunday, June 1, 2014, 10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST
Where: WikiConference USA 2014, New York Law School (Event Center)
What to bring: Your laptop, power adapter, and any reference materials you'd like to work from or share.
As always, you do not need to be an experienced Wikipedia editor in order to attend.
Hashtags: #wadewitz and #wikiwomen
Adrianne Wadewitz, known as User:Wadewitz (formerly User:Awadewit), died on April 8 from injuries suffered during a rock-climbing fall on March 28. She was a well-known and popular editor on the English Wikipedia, where she authored 36 featured articles, made over 50,000 edits, and was an advocate for promoting women on Wikipedia. She was a Mellon Digital Scholarship Fellow at Occidental College, served on the board of the Wiki Education Foundation, and was a vocal public Wikipedia advocate on HASTAC, an online group that works with scholars in the humanities, arts, and sciences on innovative collaborations on new modes of learning and research in higher education.
Please add your name if you plan to attend:
- Mwacha (talk) 20:09, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
- Pharos (talk) 20:34, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
- OR drohowa (talk) 21:46, 21 May 2014 (UTC)
- Geraldshields11 (talk) 13:56, 22 May 2014 (UTC) have camera; will travel.
- Mitch32(Any fool can make a rule, And any fool will mind it.) 21:55, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
- Mozucat (talk) 16:57, 31 May 2014 (UTC)
- LibraryGurl (talk) 14:53, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
- Netherzone (talk) 15:45, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
- Rachel.dicerbo (talk) 15:44, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
- Sadads (talk) 15:45, 1 June 2014 (UTC)
- lwillm (talk) 12:00 1June 2014 (UTC)
Etherpad collaborative notes for edit-a-thon coordination
Wadewitz brought Wikipedia into courses on Adolescent Literature, Children's Literature, and held interests in literature and history, popular science, rock climbing and hiking. These may serve as inspiration for articles to work on.
- User:Wadewitz/Draft5, User:Wadewitz/sandbox, User:Wadewitz/Academy (see especially articles at bottom), User:Wadewitz/Draft1 - things Adrianne was planning to work on (some of these may be stale now)
- WikiProject Feminism/Open tasks: Wikipedia:WikiProject_Feminism/Open_tasks
- ArtAndFeminism Suggested Topics to Edit list for ideas: Wikipedia:Meetup/ArtAndFeminism 2014#Suggested Topics
- Seven Sisters 2014 Suggested Topics to Edit list: Wikipedia:Meetup/SevenSisters/March2014SevenSisters#Suggested_content_for_improvement
- Women in Science, Royal Society Suggested Topics list: Wikipedia:WikiProject_Royal_Society/Women_in_Science_Wikipedia_Edit-a-thon_at_the_Royal_Society,_March_2014#Suggested_topics
- WikiProject: Women Artists: Wikipedia:WikiProject_Women_artists
- Wikipedia: Most wanted articles list: Wikipedia:Most_wanted_articles
Women and Health
- list of medical articles Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine Template:Major drug groups
- gender and general dosage http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/the-drug-dose-gender-gap/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0 http://www.researchgate.net/publication/10846610_Gender_differences_in_drug_effects_implications_for_anesthesiologists/file/79e4150f11977cb966.pdf&ei=GHWLU7PJH7egsQSdwYHYAQ&usg=AFQjCNG6KiAYT509ZuiS9dRYL1yVwzKN0w&bvm=bv.67720277,d.cWc&cad=rja http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12943605
- interaction between medicine and pregnancy http://www.upmc.com/patients-visitors/education/pregnancy/pages/medicines-and-pregnancy.aspx
- Tamsulosin http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-4154-Flomax+Oral.aspx?drugid=4154&drugname=Flomax+Oral
- more information on aspirin and women http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Aspirin_and_women_age_matters.htm
- effects of gender on Cough medicine http://www.cough-remedies.com/cough-syrup-with-hydrocodone/ http://www.chestal.com/cough-cold-flu/faq/ http://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/diphenhydramine
- add more below
- Michiyo Fukaya (Michiyo Cornell)
- Please add your entry below.
- Wikipedia Markup Cheatsheet
- Basic tutorial
- More detailed tutorial
- Wikipedia Adventure - a silly but easy and effective tutorial!
- Citing sources video tutorials (about two minutes each, very helpful) ------------>