Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Papua New Guinea
|WikiProject Papua New Guinea||(Rated NA-class)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Papua New Guinea page.
|This WikiProject's subject is featured in the Outline of Papua New Guinea, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, comprise Wikipedia's Outline of knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
RfC on election/referendum naming format
An RfC on moving the year from the end to the start of article titles (e.g. South African general election, 2019 to 2019 South African general election) has been reopened for further comment, including on whether a bot could be used move the articles if it closed in favour of the change: Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (government and legislation)#Proposed change to election/referendum naming format. Cheers, Number 57 15:38, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
LLG naming conventions and geo coordinates
Greetings everyone. I am excited to be reviving WikiProject Papua New Guinea. As the new WikiProject leader, I would like to set out a few guidelines.
I am in the process of starting up stubs for all of the LLGs of Papua New Guinea.
A few friendly reminders for all:
- Do not move from "Rural LLG" to "LLG." LLGs may be split up into urban and rural LLGs when they grow in size.
- Keep "LLG" in the article title, because the name could alternatively refer to district names, town names, village names, and other administrative divisions belonging to different levels.
- Lists of wards (village clusters) will be added into all LLG articles. They are from the NSO 2011 Census files. Do not delete the numbers in front of the ward names. They are ward numbers. Each ward is assigned both a number and a name.
- For now, all LLG stubs should be classified as stub-class and low importance.
PNG language articles and LLG articles should be linked together if possible.
- For geographical coordinates of LLGs, use the largest town, station, or mission within the LLG as found in the UN PNG geographical coordinates database.
- United Nations in Papua New Guinea (2018). "Papua New Guinea - Postal codes and Coordinates". Humanitarian Data Exchange. 1.31.9.
- United Nations in Papua New Guinea (2018). "Papua New Guinea Village Coordinates Lookup". Humanitarian Data Exchange. 1.31.9.
MfD nomination of Portal:Papua New Guinea
Portal:Papua New Guinea, a page which you created or substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; you may participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Portal:Papua New Guinea and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Portal:Papua New Guinea during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Robert McClenon (talk) 03:52, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
Request for information on WP1.0 web tool
Hello and greetings from the maintainers of the WP 1.0 Bot! As you may or may not know, we are currently involved in an overhaul of the bot, in order to make it more modern and maintainable. As part of this process, we will be rewriting the web tool that is part of the project. You might have noticed this tool if you click through the links on the project assessment summary tables.
We'd like to collect information on how the current tool is used by....you! How do you yourself and the other maintainers of your project use the web tool? Which of its features do you need? How frequently do you use these features? And what features is the tool missing that would be useful to you? We have collected all of these questions at this Google form where you can leave your response. Walkerma (talk) 04:24, 27 October 2019 (UTC)