Flagship restaurant in Yuen Long
|Industry||Food and Beverage|
|Founder||Lau Pui Ling 劉培齡
Chiu Lut-sau 趙聿修
Number of locations
|Parent||Wing Wah Food Manufactory Limited
|Wing Wah Food Manufactory Limited|
Wing Wah (Chinese: 榮華) is a Hong Kong based restaurant chain and food manufacturer owned by Wing Wah Food Manufactory Limited (榮華食品製造業有限公司). The company is most renowned for its mooncakes, and also produces: Chinese sausage, cakes, and teas.
The company was first established in 1950 by Lau Pui Ling 劉培齡 and 趙聿修. The Wing Wah restaurant started trading in a four-storey building in Yuen Long which included a retail shop which sold its mooncakes. The business was incorporated in 1962. In 1963, it launched a new mooncake made from white lotus paste. The Wanchai branch was opened in 1967, and a larger restaurant was opened in Yuen Long in 1975.
The retail side of the business has grown, with branches all over Hong Kong selling Chinese sausage, cakes, and teas. In the 1990s, the company built the eponymous Wing Wah Centre in its home district of Yuen Long, and continued opening shops in high traffic areas such as Hong Kong International Airport, and a multimedia tea museum at Ngong Ping on Lantau.
In 1960's, Hong Kong Wing Wah Cake Shop mainly concentrated on its bakery business and was reorganised into a limited liability company. A manufacturing plant was established in Hong Kong with the introduction of various kinds of automated production machines to upgrade overall product quality.
In the 1970s’, Wing Wah found its own retail outlets at different locations which includes Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories in order to actively expand and promote its business. During this period, the company also began to expand its sales into international markets, selling mooncakes in over 100 major cities in Mainland China, the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other Southeast Asian countries.
In late 90s’, Wing Wah was the first Chinese cake shop to open up retail branches at the Hong Kong International Airport.
High quality of food & Working together with one mind
Wing Wah Cake Shop has been growing to a well-known International food brand from its beginning in Yuen Long. One of the founders, Mr Lau Pui Ling said, "We had been experienced all the changes with Hong Kong for 50 years, and realized that the quality of food is where the support and confidence come from. This is how we form our objectives, which is aimed at producing the good quality and maintain an enthusiastic team spirit across the whole organization."
Keep pace with times & Promoting the tradition
In order to spread chinese culture with its tradition foods all over the world, Wing Wah Cake Shop opened both oversea mooncake voucher and online order services. In June, 2006, Wing Wah Cake Shop set up a tea house in Ngong Ping Village under the Hong Kong Tourism Board serving chinese tea and traditional foods.
- Moon Cake Series
- Icy Moon Cake Series (Snow skin mooncake)
- Chinese Preserved Sausage Series
- Chinese Cakes
- Chinese Wedding Cake
- Chinese Tea Series
- Seasonal Food
Wing Wah has sought to leverage its position as a well-known vendor of traditional Chinese products to its advantage as interest in Chinese products and culture continues to grow internationally. The company operates under the motto: top quality to ensure customers "buy with peace of mind and eat with assurance".
Wing Wah Cake Shop has participated in various charitable activities. Since 1989, "community mooncakes" are made every Mid-Autumn Festival to raise money for charity. All funds raised are donated to the The Community Chest of Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong Q-Mark (The Federation of Hong Kong Industries)
- Hong Kong Top Brand Ten Year Achievement Award 2008 (Hong Kong Brand Development Council)
- The Best Brand Enterprise Award 2006 (Hong Kong Productivity Council)
- Hong Kong Premier Brand (Hong Kong Brand Development Council)
- Quality of Tourism Services Scheme (Hong Kong Tourism Board)
- Golden Award for Food and Beverages 2006 (Trade Leader's Club)
- International Leadership Star for Quality Award 2007 (Business Initiative Directions)
- World Quality Commitment Award - International Star Award in the Platinum Category 2007 (Business Initiative Directions)
- Century International Quality ERA Award in the Diamond Category 2008 (Business Initiative Directions)
- Outsatnding Corporate Strategy Awards 2007 (Sing Tao Publishing Group and Eastweek Magazine)
- Monde Selection Award - Gold Medal 2009 (Monde Selection)
- Hong Kong Classic Brand 2006 (Eastweek Magazine and SingTao Group)
- ISO 22000 Certification (SGS Hong Kong Limited Systems and Services Certification)
- HACCP Codex Alimentarius (SGS Hong Kong Limited Systems and Services Certification)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wing Wah 1950.|