Caprice at night
|Head chef||Fabrice Vulin|
|Dress code||Business casual|
|Rating||Michelin Guide 2014|
|Street address||8 Finance Street, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, Central|
Caprice is a contemporary French haute cuisine restaurant in the Four Seasons Hotel, Hong Kong. It was helmed by Vincent Thierry, the opening and previous chef de cuisine, who had been the sous chef of Le Cinq at Hotel George V, Paris of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. Fabrice Vulin is the current chef de cuisine.
Caprice has an open kitchen design. Its design incorporates a chef's table behind the kitchen for up to eight people. The restaurant also includes a private dining room, with seating for up to 12 guests. Adjacent to the restaurant is Caprice Bar (opened January 2013).
The restaurant received two stars in the Michelin Guide's inaugural 2009 Hong Kong and Macau edition. This was followed by the third star in November 2009 for the 2010 edition, and has retained them until the 2014 edition. Caprice now holds 2 Michelin stars in the Michelin Guide Hong Kong Macau 2015.
The restaurant was listed at no. 5 on Asia's Top 20 Restaurants of the Miele Guide in the 2011/2012 edition. It was also listed at no. 11 for 2008/2009 and no. 10 for 2010/2011, as well as no. 16 in the 2009/2010 edition.
In 2010, it was listed as the 'Best French restaurant' on the Hong Kong Best Eats 2010 list compiled by CNN Travel.
Serves France's famed four year aged Comté cheese.
On 29 April 2013, Caprice was named 73rd in the top 100 restaurants in The World’s Best Restaurants Awards.
- "Caprice: French fine dining inspired by Paris' Le Cinq". CNN Travel. 4 September 2009. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Lim, Le-Min (2 December 2008). "Michelin Hong Kong Gives 3 Stars to 2 Restaurants (Update1)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Asia's Top 20 for 2011/2012". Miele Guide. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Asia's Top 20 for 2008/2009". Miele Guide. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Asia's Top 20 for 2010/2011". Miele Guide. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Li, Zoe (1 October 2009). "Hong Kong restaurants top the Miele Guide". CNN Travel. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Winners of Hong Kong Best Eats 2010: The best of the best of our selection of Hong Kong's most noteworthy dishes and restaurants". CNN Travel. 18 October 2010. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "World's Best Restaurants 2013: the top 100 in full". Daily Telegraph. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Nancy Trejos (22 January 2014). "Forbes Travel Guide names Five-Star properties". USA TODAY.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Caprice (restaurant).|