Wisconsin elections, 2010
|Elections in Wisconsin|
The Wisconsin spring nonpartisan primary election was held February 16, 2010. The Wisconsin spring nonpartisan general election was held April 6, 2010. Voters statewide cast ballots for Wisconsin Court of Appeals and Wisconsin Circuit Court judges.
The Wisconsin fall partisan election was held on Tuesday, November 2, 2010. Primary elections were held on September 14, 2010. Voters cast ballots for U.S. Congress, U.S. Senate, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, half of the state's Senate seats and all of the state's Assembly seats.
Spring nonpartisan election
Incumbent Joan F. Kessler was elected to the Court of Appeals for District 1 with 98% of the vote. Paul F. Reilly was elected to the Court of Appeals for District 2 with 53% of the vote over Linda M. Van De Water, after incumbent Harry G. Snyder did not run for re-election. In the Court of Appeals for District 4, Brian Blanchard was elected with 63% of the vote over Edward E. Leineweber after incumbent Charles P. Dykman decided not to run again.
United States Senate
United States House
All 8 of Wisconsin's seats in the United States House of Representatives are up for election in 2010.
Governor and Lieutenant Governor
Incumbent Governor Jim Doyle did not run for re-election. Democrat Tom Barrett and Republican Scott Walker, along with several third-party candidates, contested the seat. Walker defeated Barrett on November 2, 2010, to become the state's governor-elect. Scott Walker will be sworn in on January 3, 2011, succeeding Jim Doyle at that time.
Secretary of State
The 17 odd-numbered seats of the Wisconsin Senate are up for election in 2010.
The Republican Party won control of the State Senate.
All 99 seats in the Wisconsin Assembly are up for election in 2010.
The Republican Party won control of the Assembly.
Many elections for county and city offices will also be held on November 2, 2010.
- Constitution of the State of Wisconsin, Sections 4 and 5.
-  - Candidate Registration
- Wisconsin State Elections Board - Results of Fall 2006 General Election
-  - Results of Fall 2010 General Election
- Elections & Election Results by the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board
- Wisconsin Candidate List at Imagine Election - Search for candidates by address or zip code
- Wisconsin Congressional Races in 2010 for campaign finance data for federal races from OpenSecrets.org
- Wisconsin--State Races in 2010 campaign finance data for state races from Follow the Money