Wyoming State Forest
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Wyoming State Forest, Pennsylvania (Prior to July 2005)|
IUCN category VI (protected area with sustainable use of natural resources)
|Location||Sullivan County, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Nearest city||Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania|
|Governing body||Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources|
Wyoming State Forest was the name of the Pennsylvania State Forest in Pennsylvania Bureau of Forestry District #20. As of July 1, 2005, a reorganization of Pennsylvania State Forests in eastern Pennsylvania resulted in the elimination of the name "Wyoming State Forest". The District #20 main office was located in Bloomsburg in Columbia County, Pennsylvania in the United States.
The state forest lands in Sullivan county became part of the new Loyalsock State Forest (still District #20), along with state forest lands in eastern Lycoming County (previously part of Tiadaghton State Forest) and Bradford County (previously part of Tioga State Forest).
Prior to the reorganization, the Wyoming State Forest was located in Sullivan County, Pennsylvania. District #20 used to include Columbia, southern Luzerne, Montour, Northumberland, and Sullivan counties.
After the reorganization, southern Luzerne County became part of District #11 (now part of Pinchot State Forest) while Columbia, Montour and Northumberland Counties became part of District #18 (now part of Weiser State Forest).
Neighboring State Forest Districts
Before the realignment, Wyoming State Forest had the following neighbors:
- Tioga State Forest (north)
- Pinchot State Forest (east)
- Weiser State Forest (southeast)
- Tuscarora State Forest (southwest)
- Bald Eagle State Forest (west)
- Tiadaghton State Forest (northwest)
Nearby State Parks
- "Wyoming State Forest". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Archived from the original on 2006-05-04. Retrieved 2006-07-12. Note: As of July 2006, this web page has not been updated to reflect the Pennsylvania State Forest Districts realignment.
- "DCNR REALIGNING FOREST DISTRICTS". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. June 2005. Archived from the original on March 4, 2014. Retrieved 2006-07-12.
- "State Forest Index". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Retrieved 2006-07-12. Note: Map showing districts before the July 1, 2005 realignment
- "State Forest Districts". Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Archived from the original on 2006-05-15. Retrieved 2006-07-12. Note: Map showing districts after the July 1, 2005 realignment