Xavier High School (Connecticut)
|Xavier High School|
Be A Man
|181 Randolph Road
Middletown, Connecticut, (Middlesex County) 06457
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Headmaster||Brother Brian Davis|
|Average class size||24|
|Color(s)||Black and White|
|Athletics conference||Southern Connecticut Conference|
|Accreditation||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Dean of Students||Nicholas Cerreta|
|Academic Dean||Andrew T. Gargano
|Dean of Facility Formation||Peter Lyons|
|Athletic Director||Anthony Jaskot|
Xavier High School is a college preparatory Catholic high school run by the Xaverian Brothers. It is located in Middletown, Connecticut, United States. Young men from over 65 towns surrounding Middletown attend Xavier. Mercy High School is its sister school.
It is sponsored jointly by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Norwich and the Congregation of the Brothers of Saint Francis Xavier. The school was incorporated under the laws of the State of Connecticut on February 18, 1963.
Xavier High School was founded in 1963 by the Xaverian Brothers. From the foundation of the school until the present, Xavier has maintained an educational philosophy which seeks "to instill the teachings of God, to guide and counsel students, and to help them prepare for college, for life work, and above all, for life itself."
On May 29, 1998, the Most Reverend Daniel Hart, Bishop of Norwich, and Brother Matthew Burke, Superior General of the Xaverian Brothers, gave final approval to an agreement whereby Xavier High School was formally recognized as a Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School. According to the terms of the agreement, the corporate structure of the school has been modified to reflect what is now common practice at other Xaverian Brothers schools while also preserving Xavier's identity as an institution of the Catholic Diocese of Norwich.
Xavier competes in the Southern Connecticut Conference (SCC) of the CIAC in Connecticut.
Xavier's sailing team won Connecticut State Championships in 2004 and 2006, and placed 7th at the New England Championships in both team and fleet racing in 2006.
Xavier's Cross Country team holds the most state titles out of any sport at the school, winning its latest in 2009.
Xavier's 4x1 mile relay team placed 6th place in the nation in the Nike Indoor National Championships in March 2007.
Xavier's football team won the Class LL state championship in 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013 (the only "3-peat" in state history) and again in 2015. The team has also had several undefeated seasons including 1971, 1972, 1974, 2011 and 2012. 
- Michael Aresco ('68) - broadcasting executive and Commissioner of the American Athletic Conference 
- Jeff Bagwell ('86) - Retired Houston Astros player
- Thom Brooks - political philosopher and legal scholar
- Angelo Sosa ('93) - Contestant on Bravo's Top Chef and Top Chef All-Stars
- Nick Greenwood - Pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals
- Kevin "Dauber" Lacz ('00)- Navy SEAL, actor playing self in film "American Sniper" 
- Will Tye ('10) - Tight end for the New York Giants
Other boys' schools in Connecticut:
- "Mission & Philosophy". Xavier High School. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- NEASC-CIS. "NEASC-Commission on Independent Schools". Archived from the original on June 16, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- "Xavier High School - About Us". Archived from the original on August 8, 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 25, 2009. Retrieved December 15, 2008. Xavier High School-Athletics
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 29, 2008. Retrieved November 14, 2008. New England Schools Sailing Association Results Archive
- Courant, Hartford. "Xavier To Name New Football Field After Larry McHugh Saturday".
- Michael Aresco '68 - New Big East Commissioner Archived August 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved Feb 23 2013
- Xavier High School Website: Bagwell '86 Now Astros Hitting Coach Archived September 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved Aug 7 2011
- "Thomas (Thom) BROOKS". People of Today. Debrett's. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Xavier High School Website: Congratulations Angelo Sosa '93 Archived August 8, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved Jun 6 2012
- "Middlefield native, Navy SEAL playing himself in Eastwood's 'American Sniper'".