1941 in organized crime
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2008)|
- Syndicate hitman Charles "The Bug" Workman, a suspect in the murder of Dutch Schultz, is imprisoned.
- February - Emil Nizich, a minor organized crime figure involved in labor racketeering, is shot three times from behind and left in a gutter while on his way to a basketball game in Manhattan. 
- February 6 - Benjamin "Benny the Boss" Tannenbaum, an associate of Louis "Lepke" Buchalter and Jacob "Gurrah" Shapiro, is murdered while babysitting at a friends house.
- June 12 - Murder Inc. members Harry Strauss and Martin Goldstein are executed by electrocution for the murder of gambler "Puggy" Feinstein.
- November 12 - Abe Reles, co-boss of Murder, Inc. turned informant, mysteriously plummets to his death from his guarded hotel room after Albert Anastasia promises a $100,000 reward for his demise.
- Leoluca Bagarella "The Brother-In-Law", Sicilian mafioso
- John F. Castagna "Sonny", Patriarca crime family associate
- Salvatore D'Aquilla "Butch", Patriarca crime family associate
- Tino Fiumara, Genovese crime family member
- Antonio L. Spagnolo, Patriarca crime family soldier
- 11 September - Marcello Dell'Utri, Italian politician and mafia associate
- February - Emil Nizich, New York mobster
- February 6 - Benjamin Tannenbaum "Benny the Boss", associate of Louis Buchalter and Jacob Shapiro
- June 12 - Martin Goldstein, Murder, Inc. hitman
- June 12 - Harry Strauss, Murder, Inc. hitman
- November 12 - Abe Reles "Kid Twist", Murder, Inc. hitman and government informant