The 2013 Winter Universiade, the XXVI Winter Universiade, is a multi sport winter event which will take place in Trentino, Italy between 11 to 21 December 2013. Originally, it was planned take place in Maribor, Slovenia, but the Government of Slovenia overturned its decision to partially fund the project due to financial problems in February 2012. In March 2012, the International University Sports Federation decided that it would organise the Universiade elsewhere.
FISU officially announced that the Trentino region of Italy would host the event.
Numbers in parentheses indicate the number of medal events contested in each sport.
The following venues have been named to host the various events at the 2013 Winter Universiade:
- ^ Universiades for 2013 attributed
- ^ "Kresanje mnenj o univerzijadi" [Clash of Opinions About the Universiade]. Delo.si (in Slovene). 19 February 2012.
- ^ "Mariboru odvzeli univerzijado" [Universiade Taken Away from Maribor]. Slovenske novice (in Slovene). 6 March 2012.
- ^ 2013 Universiade moved
- ^ "2013 Winter Universiade – Official Sports Programme".
- ^ "Trentino 2013 – Winter Universiade – Sport venues". events.unitn.it. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
External links