Aldo de Nigris
de Nigris playing for Monterrey in the 2012 FIFA Club World Cup
|Full name||Jesus Aldo de Nigris Guajardo|
|Date of birth||July 22, 1983|
|Place of birth||Monterrey, Mexico|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre forward|
|2009||→ Monterrey (loan)||38||(16)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 December 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
He started his career at the youth divisions of C.F. Monterrey. Tigres UANL, the biggest rival of CF Monterrey, debuted him on first division. Aldo played some irregular seasons with Tigres, Veracruz and Necaxa until he arrived to Monterrey. On 15 November 2009, Aldo's brother Antonio who played for AE Larissa died from a heart attack at the age of 31. In the first game after his brother's death he dedicated his only goal to him in an Apertura 2009 playoff game against América on 21 November 2009 in the second minute of the second half. He then scored two goals against Toluca in the semi-final. He also scored in the final against Cruz Azul, giving Monterrey the lead, and eventually dedicating the winning championship to his late brother.
A year later, Aldo would win his second league title with Monterrey, this time against Santos Laguna. On 27 April 2011, Monterrey won the CONCACAF Champions League, where they defeated MLS club Real Salt Lake in the final. De Nigris was their top goal scorer, with four, tied with teammate Humberto Suazo.
He was called up to the Mexico national football team for the friendly matches against Bolivia on 24 February 2010 and New Zealand on 3 March 2010. Mexico defeated Bolivia 5-0, in which de Nigris entered to the game as a substitute. He started in his first game for Mexico against New Zealand, in which he played the first forty-five minutes, until being taken off at half-time. Mexico would win 2-0. Aldo would be left out of Javier Aguirre's 23-man squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup due to an ankle injury, in which he took 12 weeks to recover.
2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup
de Nigris was named in the 23-man squad to participate in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. On 5 June he scored the second goal in the 5-0 over El Salvador after coming on as a substitute in the second-half. On 9 June de Nigris again scored after coming off the bench in a 5-0 win over Cuba. Three days later, he would score again coming on in the second half in the quarter-final match against Guatemala. After Mexico and Honduras held each other to a 0-0 draw in the semi-final match, de Nigris opened the score in the first half of extra-time, heading in a corner kick. Mexico would win the match 2-0, thus advancing to the final.
- Scores and results list Mexico's goal tally first.
|1.||March 29, 2011||Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, United States||Venezuela||1–0||1–1||Friendly|
|2.||June 1, 2011||Invesco Field at Mile High, Denver, United States||New Zealand||3–0||3–0||Friendly|
|3.||June 5, 2011||Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, United States||El Salvador||2–0||5–0||2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|4.||June 9, 2011||Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, United States||Cuba||3–0||5–0||2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|5.||June 18, 2011||New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, United States||Guatemala||1–1||2–1||2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|6.||June 22, 2011||Reliant Stadium, Houston, United States||Honduras||1–0||2–0||2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|7.||May 27, 2012||MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, United States||Wales||1–0||2–0||Friendly|
|9.||June 4, 2013||Independence Park, Kingston, Jamaica||Jamaica||1–0||1–0||2014 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- Primera División de México (2): Apertura 2009, Apertura 2010
- CONCACAF Champions League (3): 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13
- InterLiga (1): 2010
He is currently sponsored by Nike.
- Murió el Tano - Futbol - ESPN Deportes
- Monterrey: Aldo de Nigris lesionado - Goal.com: "Aldo de Nigris lesionado". Goal. Retrieved 21 April 2010.
- "Mexico name 23 man Gold Cup squad"Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "México 5 - El Salvador 0 Afortunado Estreno a lo Chicharito". MedioTiempo. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- "Cuba 0 - México 5: Aplastante pase del Tri a cuartos". Media Tiempo. Retrieved 9 June 2011.
- "México 2 - Guatemala 1: Dorado gol de oro del Chicharito para ir a Semis". Medio Tiempo. Retrieved 18 June 2011.
- "Honduras 0 - México 2: de Nigris puso al Tri en la final". Medio Tiempo. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- Aldo de Nigris Liga MX stats at Medio Tiempo.com (Spanish)
- Aldo de Nigris at National-Football-Teams.com