Valletta attending The 6th Annual Hollywood Style Awards, Beverly Hills, CA, October 10, 2009
|Born||Amber Evangeline Valletta
February 9, 1974
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Hervé Le Bihan (1994–1996)
Chip McCaw (2003-2015)
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Dress size||4 (US); 34 (EU)|
Amber Evangeline Valletta (born February 9, 1974) is an American actress and model. She began her career as a fashion model, landing her first of sixteen American Vogue covers at age eighteen. She made her film debut in Drop Back Ten (2000). She then starred in the hit film Hitch (2005). She has since appeared in films such as Man About Town (2006), Dead Silence (2007), Gamer (2009), and The Spy Next Door (2010). She is also known for her role as Lydia Davis on the ABC television drama series Revenge.
Early life and modeling
Valletta was born in Phoenix, Arizona and raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Her mother worked at the post office. She attended Booker T. Washington High School. She got her start in the fashion industry when her mother enrolled her in modeling school at the age of fifteen at the Linda Layman Agency. She appeared on the cover of magazines and in advertisements for Louis Vuitton, Calvin Klein and Versace and hosted MTV's House of Style with fellow model and friend Shalom Harlow. Valletta, along with models like Kate Moss or Shalom Harlow, was one of the most recognizable faces of the generation immediately posterior to the original supermodels. During the 1990s she appeared thirteen times on the cover of American Vogue, second only to Claudia Schiffer's sixteen.
Valletta's first role was in the comedy film Drop Back Ten (2000); Later that year, she played a supporting role in the thriller film What Lies Beneath. The film was directed by Robert Zemeckis and starred Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer. She appeared alongside Nicolas Cage in The Family Man. In 2003, she played Celine in Danny DeVito's Duplex, starring Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore, and she played Meline in Raising Helen (2004), opposite Kate Hudson, Hayden Panettiere, Abigail Breslin, and Helen Mirren.
Valletta's first major film role was as Allegra Cole in Andy Tennant's Hitch. The film was released on February 11, 2005 and was a box office and critical success. She also had a role in Transporter 2, playing the mother of the kidnapped child. She appeared in the comedy The Last Time, costarring Michael Keaton and Brendan Fraser. In 2007, she starred in the horror film Dead Silence as Ella Ashen. Later in 2007, she portrayed the character of Claire in Premonition, starring Sandra Bullock.
Valletta appeared as Angie in Gamer, opposite Gerard Butler. The film was released in North America on September 4, 2009. In 2010, she starred in The Spy Next Door, alongside Jackie Chan, George Lopez, and Billy Ray Cyrus; she played Chan's character's love interest, Gillian.
She recently appeared in an advertisement for www.boohoo.com.
Valletta also serves as the spokesperson for Oceana's Seafood Contamination Campaign, where she brings awareness of the dangers of mercury poisoning in various kinds of seafood. The decision to join Oceana's campaign was prompted by the mercury-poisoning experience of a friend and the fact that she is a mother of two.
|2000||Drop Back Ten||Mindy Deal|
|2000||What Lies Beneath||Madison Elizabeth Frank|
|2000||The Family Man||Paula|
|2001||Max Keeble's Big Move||Ms. Dingman|
|2005||Transporter 2||Audrey Billings|
|2006||Man About Town||Brynn Lilly||Direct-to-video|
|2006||The Last Time||Belisa|
|2007||My Sexiest Year||Marina|
|2008||Days of Wrath||Jane Summers|
|2010||The Spy Next Door||Gillian|
|2011||Girl Walks Into a Bar||Camilla|
|2001||Hysteria - The Def Leppard Story||Lorelei Shellist||Television movie|
|2011–2014||Revenge||Lydia Davis||Recurring role, 14 episodes|
|2014–present||Legends||Sonya Odum||Series regular|
- Amber Valletta Biography (1974–)
- "Amber Valletta: The Original Waif - #TBT With Tim Blanks - Style.com". Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Lee, Helen (April 11, 2007). "Vogue’s ‘World’s Next Top Models’ cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved April 18, 2011.
- "Shauna Sand Gets Estranged Hubby Arrested". Gossip Girls. November 26, 2008. Retrieved April 17, 2009.
- riday, September 02, 2011 ABC Television Network PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - REVENGE: Pilot - PREMIERE
- Celebrity Supporters: Amber Valletta, Actress, Activist, Oceana
- "Amber Valletta: Marks & Spencer's latest top model". Telegraph. October 2, 2012. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- Lopez, Molly (February 16, 2005). "Amber Valletta". People. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Bullock, Maggie (October 28, 2009). "Fashion Spotlight: Amber Valletta". Elle. Retrieved June 12, 2012.
- Suebsaeng, Asawin. "15 Wild Celebrity Campaign Donations From the 2012 Election". Mother Jones. Retrieved November 1, 2012.
- Friedlander, Ruthie (July 10, 2014). "Amber Valletta Bravely Opens Up About Her Struggle With Addiction". Elle. Retrieved August 17, 2014.
- Revitalize (July 11, 2014). "How I Live With Addiction Every Day: Amber Valletta". MindBodyGreen. Retrieved August 17, 2014.
- Amber Valletta at the Internet Movie Database
- Amber Valletta at the Fashion Model Directory
- Amber Valletta at MTV
- Amber Valletta's work on the Oceana Seafood Contamination Campaign
- AskMen.com website
|Host of House of Style
1995–96 (co-host with Shalom Harlow)