Shalom Harlow, 2007
December 5, 1973 |
|Height||5 ft 11.16 in (1.81 m)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
|Measurements||(US) 34-23-34 ; (EU) 86.5-58.5-86.5|
|Dress size||(US) 4 ; (EU) 34|
Shalom Harlow (born December 5, 1973) is a Canadian model and actress.
Early Life and Family
Harlow was born in Oshawa, Ontario, the daughter of Sandi Herbert and David Harlow. Her mother named her Shalom (שלום), meaning "peace" or "Hello" in Hebrew. Her father, David Harlow, held several jobs as a social worker, real estate agent and financial investor while her mother, Sandi Herbert, worked with mentally challenged adults. Her parents allowed her to experience growing up in a 'hippie community just outside of Toronto' and the family often spent time at their family cottage built by her great-great grandfather.
Early on, Shalom took up Ballet which she later decided was not for her as she claimed in a 2008, New York Times article, "My rebellious nature always comes out." Shalom instead became interested in tap dancing as she enjoyed the noise it created. Shalom was passionate in the arts from an early age which later became apparent in her adult career.
She was discovered at a The Cure concert in Toronto and started modeling straight out of high school. She has since appeared on numerous magazine covers, editorials, and top runway shows, and appeared in movies and co-hosted MTV's House of Style with fellow supermodel Amber Valletta. She was the long-time favorite model for many designers who found that her look translated well between commercial and couture. She is the first ever winner of Vogue/VH1's Model of the Year Award. Harlow is the spokesperson for Chanel's Coco fragrance. She has two younger brothers, Chris and Nathan.
Most recently she featured as the only model in a digital catwalk for Viktor & Rolfs Spring/Summer 2009 show.
In 2012, she appears in the Cartier clip L'Odyssée.
She lives in Brooklyn, NY.
- In & Out (1997), Sonya
- Cherry (1999), Leila Sweet
- Head Over Heels (2001), Jade
- Vanilla Sky (2001), Colleen
- The Salton Sea (2002), Nancy
- Happy Here and Now (2002), Muriel
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003), Judy Green
- I Love Your Work (2003), Charlotte
- Melinda and Melinda (2004), Joan
- Game 6 (2005), Paisly Porter
- The Last Romantic (2006), Christy Tipilton
- Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007), Maid
- 1998 Pirelli Calendar, June
- (English) "Model Profile of Shalom Harlow". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- "Shalom Harlow Biography (1973-)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- Voguepedia. "Models: Shalom Harlow". www.vogue.com. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- Levy, Ariel (27 August 2001). "A Model Act". New York Magazine. Feature Article. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- Colman, David (3 February 2008). "Bang the Drums Softly". New York Times. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. July 16, 2007.
- Shalom Harlow at the Internet Movie Database
- Shalom Harlow at the Fashion Model Directory
- Shalom Harlow @ AskMen.com
|Host of House of Style
1995-96 (co-host with Amber Valletta)