America's Most Smartest Model
|America's Most Smartest Model|
|Created by||Mark Cronin
|Directed by||Zach Kozek
Mike L. Taylor
|Judges||Mary Alice Stephenson
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||11|
|Executive producer(s)||Mark Cronin
|Running time||44 min. approx|
|Production company(s)||51 Minds Entertainment
|Picture format||4:3 480i (SDTV)|
|Original run||October 7, 2007– December 16, 2007|
America's Most Smartest Model was an American reality television show that aired on VH1. The hosts were Ben Stein and Mary Alice Stephenson. The show attempted to find brains behind beauty in a series of challenges, and would grant the winner $100,000, a feature in an upcoming V05 ad, and the title "America's Most Smartest Model".
On the season finale, VJ Logan was named the winner of America's Most Smartest Model, and received a V05 ad campaign and $100,000.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Elimination Order
- 3 Episodes
- 3.1 Balls, Cherries, Balloons, Tires
- 3.2 Governor Of Presidents
- 3.3 Balm and Gilad
- 3.4 Night of The Hairy Grizilla Monster
- 3.5 That's Not How I Like My Pork!
- 3.6 Are You Ready to Rhombus?
- 3.7 Many Happy Returns?
- 3.8 Let's Play, Hide The Pickel
- 3.9 I See Dead People...
- 3.10 Hit me with your best shot
- 3.11 Never Trust a Rottweiler
- 4 Contestants
- 5 Controversy
- 6 References
- 7 External links
|VJ Logan||22||Grass Valley, CA||Winner in Episode 11|
|Andre Birleanu||25||Moscow, Russia||Runner Up in Episode 11|
|Angela Hart||25||San Francisco, CA||Eliminated in Episode 10|
|Brett Novek||23||Fort Lauderdale, FL||Eliminated in Episode 9|
|Rachael Murphy (Aussie Rachael)||25||Sydney, Australia||Eliminated in Episode 9|
|Jeff Pickel||25||Chicago, IL||Eliminated in Episode 8|
|Daniel Schuman||24||Saddle Brook, NJ||Eliminated in Episode 7|
|Rachel Myers (Blonde Rachel)||27||Palm Springs, CA||Eliminated in Episode 6|
|Lisa Byrnes||27||Scottsdale, AZ||Eliminated in Episode 5|
|Jesse Lewis||26||Sacramento, CA||Eliminated in Episode 4|
|Mandy Lynn||27||Long Island, NY||Eliminated in Episode 3|
|Erika Medina||22||Anaheim, CA||Eliminated in Episode 2|
|Victoria Fisher||22||Corona Del Mar, CA||Eliminated in Episode 1|
|Gaston Willig||27||Argentina||Eliminated in Episode 1|
|Slavco Tuskaloski||26||New York City / Macedonia||Eliminated in Episode 1|
|Jamie Everett||26||Houston, TX||Eliminated in Episode 1|
^[A] Ages at time of filming.
- The Model who won the competition
- The Model(s) who won the Callback Challenge
- The Model was selected as one of the top entries in the Callback Challenge, but did not win.
- The Model was selected as one of the bottom entries in the Callback Challenge, but was not eliminated.
- The Model was eliminated.
- The Model was eliminated before the elimination ceremony.
- Because Rachel Myers was eliminated at the Callback Challenge in Episode 6, no one was eliminated at the elimination ceremony.
- Episode 9 featured a double elimination.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
||This section appears to be written like an advertisement. (April 2009)|
Balls, Cherries, Balloons, Tires
First aired October 7, 2007 (1.6M viewers)
Sixteen budding models must convince academic Renaissance man Ben Stein and fashion industry guru Mary Alice Stephenson that they possess brains as well as beauty. But not everyone can spell success or walk and talk their way down a runway! Who will make the callback, and who will be sent packing?
- Edge Challenge Winner: Daniel
- Callback Challenge Winner: Brett
- Eliminated: Victoria, Gaston, Slavco, Jamie
Governor Of Presidents
The models must compete in a smarts-draining game show, where the prizes are clothes and props for a high-fashion photo shoot. The losers have to face the camera completely naked. Later, cultures clash and passions ignite as the models are forced to work in teams of two, and one is shown the door.
- Edge Challenge Winners: Rachael Murphy, Pickel
- Callback Challenge Winners: Rachael Murphy, Pickel
- Bottom Four: Daniel, Jesse, Mandy Lynn, Erika
- Eliminated: Erika
Balm and Gilad
Twelve models must eat and exercise to win their way to the next callback. Several models gang up on the loudmouth of the house. Will one of them eat crow or face being purged from the competition?
- Special Guest Star: Gilad Janklowicz
- Edge Challenge Winners: VJ, Pickel, Brett
- Callback Challenge Winner: Brett
- Bottom Three: Rachel Myers, Jesse, Mandy Lynn
- Eliminated: Mandy Lynn
Night of The Hairy Grizilla Monster
Bill Nye the Science Guy helps the ten remaining models present a science fair. Can they succeed in electrifying the judges or will it blow up in their faces? Nerds may be smart, but can the models turn their pale, hairy teammates into tanned gods for the camera?
- Special Guest Star: Bill Nye
- Edge Challenge Winners: Daniel, Angela
- Callback Challenge Winners: Andre, Rachael Murphy
- Bottom Three: Rachel Myers, Lisa, Jesse
- Eliminated: Jesse
That's Not How I Like My Pork!
A field trip to a high school science classroom puts the body-conscious models' knowledge of anatomy to the test...literally. And when one model's underhanded tactics during a commercial shoot inflame everyone's tempers, someone gets left out in the cold.
- Edge Challenge Winner: Daniel
- Callback Challenge Winner: VJ
- Bottom Two: Rachel Myers, Lisa
- Eliminated: Lisa
Are You Ready to Rhombus?
Eight models find themselves boxed into a geometric mess. Fashion designer Santino helps them design and model their own clothing. But tempers flare, alliances form and not everyone makes the cut.
- Edge Challenge Winners: Pickel, Brett
- Callback Challenge Winners: Pickel, Brett
- Bottom Four: VJ, Rachael Murphy, Daniel, Rachel Myers
- Eliminated: Rachel Myers
Many Happy Returns?
A birthday bash becomes a disaster as the seven models discover they must network with LA's top fashion agents and fashionistas—after they've had one too many! One model has a melt down, but can the others keep their cool?
- Edge Challenge Winner: VJ
- Callback Challenge Winner: Andre
- Bottom Three: Angela, Rachael, Daniel
- Eliminated: Daniel
Let's Play, Hide The Pickel
Six models must think on their feet in a treadmill challenge to win a changing room with a view of the runway. Later, the models navigate an obstacle course—but will a budding romance get in the way?
- Edge Challenge Winners: Angela, VJ
- Callback Challenge Winner: Angela
- Bottom Three: Andre, Brett, Pickel
- Eliminated: Pickel
I See Dead People...
One model must go it alone as they pair up to build and race go-karts. Another model makes a secret phone call to give himself an edge on the next challenge: spokesmodeling the Jaguar XKR. Will the others call him out on cheating? Who will the judges send home, and who will they send to the finale to become America's Most Smartest Model.
- Edge Challenge Winners: Andre, Rachael
- Callback Challenge Winner: Angela,VJ
- Bottom Three: Andre, Brett, Rachael
- Eliminated: Brett, Rachael
Hit me with your best shot
It's the final showdown and only 3 models are left. The group travels to sunny Palm Springs to compete in a supersized modeling challenge. Only two survive this best of the best challenge and move on to the finals. The remaining competitors are bitter rivals and they will stop at nothing in their battle to become America's Most Smartest Model.
- Edge Challenge Winner: Andre
- Bottom Two: VJ, Angela
- Eliminated: Angela
Never Trust a Rottweiler
First aired December 17, 2007 (1M viewers)
The two remaining competitors are bitter rivals who will stop at nothing in their battle to win it all. When it's all said and done, one of them will take home the grand prize of $100,000 and be crowned America's Most Smartest Model.
- Runner-Up: Andre
- Winner: VJ
- Van Jameson "VJ" Logan
- Andre Birleanu has been featured in magazines such as Esquire.
- Brett Novek is a campaign level model for Papi Underwear and appears on their product packaging and sales and promotional material.
- Lisa Byrnes has appeared as a Deal or No Deal model.
- Jesse Lewis was featured in short scenes on Nip/Tuck , Meet the Spartans,and L.A. Hair
- Mandy Lynn has appeared in several Special Edition issues of Playboy.
- Erika Medina has appeared on Hannah Montana as Rico's sister, and Woooo! (How I Met Your Mother episode) as Stacey.
- Gaston Willig has appeared in a nationwide commercial for the search engine bing where he portrayed a vampire.
- Slavco Tuskaloski was a contestant on VH1's reality series Kept.
- Jamie Everett has appeared as a Deal or No Deal model. She was also an extra in The 40 Year Old Virgin
In October 2007, Andre Birleanu was charged with sexual misconduct and aggravated harassment due to accusations from a 19-year-old actress, charges which he denied. According the law enforcement sources quoted in the New York Post, he "has served a half-dozen prison stints since 2000 on charges including assault, harassment, criminal contempt, criminal mischief and trespassing."  Almost a year later after many court appearances the DA's Office in the Criminal Court of Manhattan has dropped all charges on both cases. Birleanu had maintained his innocence the entire time and had said he wanted to take both cases to trial to prove his innocence and counter prosecute for false charges.
- Hallquist, Emily (23 October 2007). "Alum makes use of brains, body on VH1 show". The Chronicle (Duke University). Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (10 October 2007). "'Dexter' dips, still bloody good". The Hollywood Reporter 401: 24. Archived from the original on 12 October 200. Retrieved 25 May 2010. Check date values in:
- Levin, Gary (19 December 2007). "NBC's 'Loser' among winners". USA Today. p. D.3. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Schram, Jamie (26 October 2007). "'Most Smartest' Model Groped Me: Gal". New York Post. p. 3. Retrieved 27 Mar 2010.
- Italiano, Laura (3 July 2008). "Model 'Smartly' Beats the Rap". New York Post. p. 9.
- Kubicek, John (25 July 2008). "Exclusive Interview with Andre Birleanu, Part 1". BuddyTV.
- America's Most Smartest Model at VH1.com
- America's Most Smartest Model at the Internet Movie Database
- America's Most Smartest Model at TV.com