12 June 1946 |
||Plainsong, The Liverpool Scene, The Scaffold, Roy Harper, Pink Floyd, Hank Wangford, Kevin Ayers, Iain Matthews, Mighty Baby
Andrew "Andy" Roberts (born 12 June 1946, Harrow, Middlesex) is an English musician.
He gained a violin scholarship to Felsted School. He then attended Liverpool University. He has played with The Liverpool Scene, Plainsong, The Scaffold, Roy Harper, Chris Spedding, Hank Wangford, Kevin Ayers, Vivian Stanshall and Grimms. He has also done many sessions for artists such as Richard Thompson, Paul Korda, and Maddy Prior, and has been a musical partner to Iain Matthews for 30 years.
He was in the "Surrogate Band" during Pink Floyd's The Wall tour in 1981 (replacing Snowy White and can be heard on the live album Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980–81. He has also written film scores, themes for TV series, backed Billy Connolly, provided music and voice for Spitting Image and continues to create musical backdrops for the poetry of Roger McGough.
- Home Grown (RCA SF8086, 1970) Musicians: Roger Powell, Mike 'Ace' Evans, Gordon Huntley, Ian Whiteman - Arrangements by Dave Palmer - Produced by Sandy Roberton
- Home Grown (B&C CAS1034, 1971)
- Nina and the Dream Tree (Pegasus PEG 5, 1971) With: Iain Matthews, Roger Powell, Charlene Collins, Gerry Conway, Zoot Money, Mac and Katie Kissoon, Mike London, John Pearson, Dave Richards, Ray Warleigh - Arrangements: Robert Kirby.
- Everyone (band project) (B&C CAS1028, 1971) With: Bob Sargeant, Dave Richards, John Pearson and John Porter. Produced by Sandy Roberton.
- Urban Cowboy (Elektra K42139, 1973)
- Andy Roberts and the Great Stampede (Elektra K42151, 1973)