|Products||Aquafresh, Aquafresh Toothbrushes, Aquafresh Milk Teeth, Max Active, DentiChew|
Aquafresh (originally spelled "Aqua-Fresh") is a brand of oral healthcare products that has been available since 1973. It is manufactured by consumer healthcare product maker GlaxoSmithKline. When this was introduced by Beecham, it was originally in a "Double Protection" formula, by combining a "white" fluoride toothpaste for cavity protection and an "aqua" gel for fresh breath, hence the name. It was reformulated into a "Triple Protection" formula ten years later in 1983, when a "red" gel was added for healthy gums; as such, the three stripes – red, white, and aqua, have since become registered trademarks. Since then, advertising has marked this as a "complete toothpaste" and a "whole mouth paste".
The slogan for Aquafresh is "three in one protection for your family".
- Aquafresh Triple Protection – Aquafresh introduced this type of toothpaste in 1981, which, as they said, "gives good breath, strengthens teeth with fluoride, and fights cavities".
- Aquafresh White & Shine – This toothpaste was introduced as a product that not only protected against cavities, but significantly whitened teeth.
- Aquafresh Extreme Clean – This brand is marketed specifically to kill bad breath. Aquafresh says that this brand works because of "micro-active foam." This is available in mint and cold flavors.
- Aquafresh also offers a sensitive teeth toothpaste, marketed to those with "touchy" teeth.
- Aquafresh Bubblemint – This toothpaste is available for children. It is advertised as having a "unique nozzle action".
- Aquafresh Isoactive, a "foaming gel" claimed to remove 25% more bacteria, introduced in 2008.
- Aquafresh Training Toothpaste, a special toothpaste without fluoride for ages 3–24 months
- Aquafresh Ultimate – This toothpaste is marketed as "whole tooth protection"; it is supposed to kill bacteria, which helps protect below the gum line as well as strengthening the tooth above the gum line.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2014)|
Aquafresh has also started a line of toothbrushes for children and adults. In 2004, they introduced the Max-Active brand, which was promoted as the first to fit the size of any tooth. There are also Dragon Tales toothbrushes for children and mouthwash.
Aquafresh's DentiChew, a chewing gum to have a short substitute for brushing, flossing, and mouthwashing to an extent, was one almost unrecognized product. Citing unnoticability on market shelves, and poor dentist demands, the product was only on the market for a few weeks.
Aquafresh also launched a tooth-whitening product, Aquafresh White Trays, in February 2007.
- "Aquafresh: How a leading global brand has earned its stripes" (PDF). Business 2000. The Irish Times. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- "New Aquafresh Iso-Active Foaming Gel works beyond paste". GlaxoSmithKline. 2007. Archived from the original on 2009-01-23.
|This dentistry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|