As of 2007, zendium's market share in Denmark was about 37%.
The active ingredients in Zendium Classic are:
- Enzymes: amyloglucosidase, glucosidase and lactoperoxidase
- Sodium fluoride
- Abrasive: Hydrated silica
- Surfactant: Steareth-30
Unlike many types of toothpaste, zendium products do not contain the foaming agent sodium lauryl sulfate. The lack of SLS protects the mucous membranes and is believed to reduce the risk of aphthous ulcers. In addition, since zendium does not contain SLS or similar foaming agents, it can be used together with chlorhexidine.
- Lene Wedel Heilskov (2008). "zendiums historie" [History of zendium] (PDF) (in Danish). Zendium.
- "Zendium Classic". Opus Health Care.
- Kolahi J, Soolari A (September 2006). "Rinsing with chlorhexidine gluconate solution after brushing and flossing teeth: a systematic review of effectiveness". Quintessence Int 37 (8): 605–12. PMID 16922019.