|Traded as||BVC: PFAVH
|Key people||Germán Efromovich, (Chairman)|
|Products||Air passenger transport (Avianca)
Air cargo transport (Avianca Cargo)
Ground cargo transport and courier (Avianca Deprisa)
Aircraft maintenance and staff training (Avianca Services)
Frequent-flyer program (Avianca LifeMiles)
Travel and holiday services (Avianca Tours)
Air taxi and charter services (Avianca Taxi)
|Revenue||US$ 4.3 billion (2012)|
|Profit||US$ 198.6 million (2012)|
Avianca El Salvador
Avianca Costa Rica
Avianca Holdings (formerly AviancaTaca AirHoldings.Inc.) is an Colombian airline holding company formed in February 2010 by merger of two airlines, being Avianca from Colombia and TACA Airlines from El Salvador. The company is a subsidiary of Synergy Group, a Brazilian private conglomerate. Avianca Holding S.A. is headquartered in Bogotá. The company announced that it will be changing its name to "Avianca", the rebranding is expected to occur on May 28, 2013 along with the new logo and livery.
The company is the second largest airline holding company in Latin America by revenue, after Brazilian - Chilean LATAM Airlines Group and the second largest by fleet size. With their modern fleet of 143 short, medium and long haul aircraft and a team composed of more than 15,000 Employees, Avianca and Taca directly serve over 100 destinations in America and Europe, which connect to over 750 destinations worldwide through Codeshare agreements with partner airlines around the globe. 18 million passengers were carried in 2010. The company main competitors is LATAM Airlines Group, Gol Airlines and Azul Airlines.
Shareholding composition of Avianca Holding S.A. as of December 31, 2012:
- Synergy Aerospace Corp. (Efromovich Family) - 58.59%
- Kingsland Holdings Ltd. (Kriete Family) - 27.70%
- Joaquín A. Palomo (Former CFO of TACA) - 0.36%
- Alfredo D. Ratti V. (Former co-owner of TACA Perú) - 0.31%
- Government of Norway - 0.13%
- Others (several pension funds plus numerous individual investors, mostly Colombian) - 12.91%
- Petroleum Aviation Services (PAS)
- Tampa Cargo
- OceanAir Táxi Aéreo
- Senior Táxi Aéreo
- Target is a Brazilian MRO company based at São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport in São Paulo.
- TurbServ is a Brazilian MRO company based at São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport in São Paulo.
- TACA Airlines