|Type||Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: BBA|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Michael Harper (Chairman)
Simon Pryce (CEO)
Aftermarket Services and Systems
|Revenue||US$2,218.6 million (2013)|
|Operating income||US$200.1 million (2013)|
|Net income||US$138.1 million (2013)|
|Employees||Approx 12,000 (2014)|
BBA Aviation plc is a British multinational aviation services company headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
The company was founded by William Fenton and Walter Cobbett in 1879 as a manufacturer of textile belting for machinery named W. Wilson Cobbett Ltd.
In 1911 it was renamed Scandinavia Belting and in 1925 it became British Belting & Asbestos and then in 1967 BBA Group. In 1986 it acquired APPH, a business specialising in landing gear. It formed Signature Flight Support in 1992 and in 1996 purchased Trinity Aerospace Engineering. Then in March 1998 it acquired H+S Aviation from Vector Industries and in December 1998 it acquired UNC Airwork Corp, a unit of UNC Inc in the US.
A major divestment came in 2000 when it sold its Mintex brake-pad division for £389m. It also diversified into flight training in 2000 buying Oxford Aviation. The following year it bought Aircraft Service International Group of the US, doubling the group's presence in the commercial ground handling market.
In 2006 BBA demerged its materials technology division, which developed and manufactured nonwoven materials used in the hygiene and medical markets and in numerous industrial applications, and friction materials for train brakes: the demerged business was named Fiberweb plc. It sold Oxford Aviation the following year and BBA Group's name was changed to BBA Aviation in 2007 to mark its transformation to a focused aviation group.
Then in 2008 it bought the assets of Hawker Beechcraft Services Inc's Line Service Operations for £65.4 million.
In 2012 it purchased Dryden Air Services and PLH Aviation in Canada. This allowed entry into the Canadian market.
BBA Aviation employs around 12,000 people at over 220 locations worldwide. BBA Aviation is headquartered in London and has significant operations in the USA. In recent years, the company has significantly expanded its operations in Europe and extended its operations to Asia, South America and Africa. BBA Aviation is organised into two main business groupings: Flight Support and Aftermarket Services and Systems.
BBA Aviation Flight Support
- Signature Flight Support
- Aircraft Service International Group
BBA Aviation Aftermarket Services
- Engine Repair and Overhaul
- Dallas Airmotive
- H+S Aviation
- Premier Turbines
- Barrett Turbine Engine Company
- International Governor Services
- International Turbine Service
As of July 2012[update], Signature Flight Support offers fixed base operator (FBO) services, including aircraft handling, refuelling, and passenger amenities for business and general aviation, at the following locations:
- Montreal (CYUL) – Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Edmonton (CYEG) – Edmonton International Airport
- United States
- Anchorage, Alaska (ANC) – Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
- Atlanta, Georgia (FTY) – Fulton County Airport
- Atlanta, Georgia (PDK) – DeKalb Peachtree Airport
- Austin, Texas (AUS) – Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Baltimore, Maryland (BWI) – Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Bedford, Massachusetts (BED) – L. G. Hanscom Field
- Boca Raton, Florida (BCT) – Boca Raton Airport
- Boston, Massachusetts (BOS) – Logan International Airport
- Bozeman, Montana (BZN) – Gallatin Field Airport
- Chicago, Illinois (PWK) – Chicago Executive Airport
- Chicago, Illinois (MDW) – Chicago Midway International Airport
- Chicago, Illinois (ORD) – O'Hare International Airport
- Corpus Christi, Texas (CRP) – Corpus Christi International Airport
- Dallas, Texas (DAL) – Dallas Love Field
- Daytona Beach, Florida (DAB) – Daytona Beach International Airport
- Denver, Colorado (APA) – Centennial Airport
- Denver, Colorado (DEN) – Denver International Airport
- Des Moines, Iowa (DSM) – Des Moines International Airport
- Detroit, Michigan (DTW) – Detroit Metropolitan Airport (As ASIG General Aviation)
- Fresno, California (FAT) – Fresno Yosemite International Airport
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (FLL) – Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- Green Bay, Wisconsin (GRB) – Austin Straubel International Airport
- Hartford, Connecticut (BDL) – Bradley International Airport
- Hilton Head, South Carolina (HXD) – Hilton Head Island Airport
- Houston, Texas (HOU) – William P. Hobby Airport
- Huntsville, Alabama (HSV) – Huntsville International Airport
- Indianapolis, Indiana (IND) – Indianapolis International Airport
- Jacksonville, Florida (JAX) – Jacksonville International Airport
- Kansas City, Missouri (MCI) – Kansas City International Airport
- Kansas City, Missouri (MKC) – Charles B. Wheeler Downtown Airport
- Kissimmee, Florida (ISM) – Kissimmee Gateway Airport
- Las Vegas, Nevada (LAS) – McCarran International Airport
- Long Beach, California (LGB) – Long Beach Airport - Daugherty Field
- Memphis, Tennessee (MEM) – Memphis International Airport
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin (MKE) – General Mitchell International Airport
- Minneapolis, Minnesota (MSP) – Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport
- Mobile, Alabama (BFM) – Mobile Downtown Airport
- Mobile, Alabama (MOB) – Mobile Regional Airport
- Morristown, New Jersey (MMU) – Morristown Municipal Airport
- Nashville, Tennessee (BNA) – Nashville International Airport
- New Century, Kansas (IXD) – New Century Air Center
- New Orleans, Louisiana (MSY) – Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
- Newark, New Jersey (EWR) – Newark Liberty International Airport
- Omaha, Nebraska (OMA) – Eppley Airfield
- Orlando, Florida (MCO) – Orlando International Airport
- Palm Beach, Florida (PBI) – Palm Beach International Airport
- Palm Springs, California (PSP) – Palm Springs International Airport
- Rochester, Minnesota (RST) – Rochester International Airport
- San Antonio, Texas (SAT) – San Antonio International Airport
- San Francisco, California (SFO) – San Francisco International Airport
- Santa Ana, California (SNA) – John Wayne/Orange County Airport
- Santa Barbara, California (SBA) – Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- Savannah, Georgia (SAV) – Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport
- St. Louis, Missouri (STL) – Lambert - St. Louis International Airport
- St. Paul, Minnesota (STP) – St. Paul Downtown Airport
- St. Petersburg, Florida (PIE) – St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport
- Teterboro, New Jersey (TEB) – Teterboro Airport
- Thermal, California (TRM) – Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport
- Van Nuys, California (VNY) – Van Nuys Airport
- Washington, DC / Dulles, Virginia (IAD) – Washington Dulles International Airport
- Washington, DC (DCA) – Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- White Plains, New York (HPN) – Westchester County Airport
- Wichita, Kansas (ICT) – Mid-Continent Airport
- Birmingham (BHX) – Birmingham Airport
- Bournemouth (BOH) – Bournemouth Airport
- East Midlands (EMA) – East Midlands Airport
- London (LGW) – Gatwick Airport
- London (LHR) – London Heathrow Airport
- London (LTN) – London Luton Airport
- Southampton (SOU) – Southampton Airport
- Paris / Le Bourget (LBG) – Paris - Le Bourget Airport
- Toulon / St Tropez (TLN) – Toulon-Hyères Airport
- Berlin (SXF) – Berlin Schönefeld Airport
- Berlin (TXL) – Berlin Tegel Airport
- Frankfurt (FRA) – Frankfurt Airport
- Munich (MUC) – Munich Airport
- Athens (ATH) – Athens International Airport
- Heraklion (HER) – Heraklion International Airport
- Thessaloniki (SKG) – Thessaloniki International Airport
- Aberdeen (ABZ) – Aberdeen Airport
- Edinburgh (EDI) – Edinburgh Airport
- Glasgow (GLA) – Glasgow Airport
- Inverness (INV) – Inverness Airport
- Hong Kong (HKG) – Hong Kong International Airport
- South Africa
- Belém (SBBE) – Belém International Airport
- Boa Vista (SBBV) – Atlas Brasil Cantanhede International Airport
- Brasília (SBBR) – Brasília International Airport
- Campinas (SBKP) – Viracopos International Airport
- Confins (SBCF) – Tancredo Neves/Confins International Airport
- Congonhas (SBSP) – Congonhas International Airport
- Curitiba (SBCT) – Afonso Pena International Airport
- Fortaleza (SBFZ) – Pinto Martins International Airport
- Guarulhos (SBGR) – São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport
- Jacarepaguá (SBJR) – Jacarepaguá Airport
- Manaus (SBEG) – Eduardo Gomes International Airport
- Natal (SBNT) – Augusto Severo International Airport
- Pampulha (SBBH) – Pampulha Airport
- Porto Alegre (SBPA) – Salgado Filho International Airport
- Recife (SBRF) – Guararapes International Airport
- Rio de Janeiro (SBGL) – Rio de Janeiro/Galeão - Antonio Carlos Jobim International Airport
- Rio de Janeiro (SBRJ) – Santos Dumont Airport
- Salvador (SBSV) – Salvador International Airport
- São Luís (SBSL) – Marechal Cunha Machado International Airport
- Vitória (SBVT) – Vitória Airport
- Dutch Caribbean
- Puerto Rico
- Preliminary Results 2013
- "At a glance". BBA Aviation. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- BBA Aviation: History
- "BBA Group PLC acquires H+S Aviation Ltd from Vector Industries Ltd". Thomson M&A. 10 March 1998. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "BBA Group PLC acquires UNC Airwork Corp from GE". Thomson M&A. 21 December 1998. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "BBA sells brake-pad division for £389m". The Telegraph. 18 July 2000. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "BBA buys training school". Flight International. 7 March 2000. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "BBA set to swoop on $25m Barratt Aviation". The Telegraph. 12 August 2001. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- Dewson, Andrew (18 November 2006). "Market Report: BBA continues to prove value of demergers". The Independent. Retrieved 2 May 2008.
- "BBA Aviation Sells Oxford Airport". 20 July 2007. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "BBA to buy Hawker Beechcraft assets". IB Times. 22 February 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "BBA Aviation eyes more buys after £88.6m placing". The Telegraph. 3 March 2011. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- Canada,United States : ASIG closes purchase of PLH Aviation Services and Dryden Air Services MENA Report, 1 September 2012
- BBA Aviation: Our Businesses, retrieved 23 April 2013
- "Locations". Signature Flight Support. Retrieved 23 July 2012.