Bano railway station
Indian Railway Station
|Address||Bano, Simdega district, Jharkhand
|Elevation||452 metres (1,483 ft)|
|Zone(s)||South Eastern Railway|
Bano Station, station code BANO, is the railway station serving the city of Bano in the Simdega district in the Indian state of Jharkhand. Bano Station belongs to the Ranchi division of the South Eastern Railway Zone of the Indian Railway.
|This section requires expansion. (April 2012)|
The major facilities available are Waiting rooms, retiring room, computerized reservation facility, Reservation Counter, Vehicle parking etc. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. Security personnel from the Government Railway police(G.R.P) are present for security. A Railway medical unit providing health facilities is located near Bano Station.
The platforms are interconnected with foot over bridge (FOB).
Several electrified local passenger trains and express trains run from Bano to neighbouring destinations. The following is the sortable table of all the trains passing from Bano Station (as on 24 April 2012).
|Train No.||Train Name||Train type||Zone||From||Departure Days||Departure Time|
|18312||Varanasi Sambalpur Express||Exp||ECoR||Sambalpur Junction/SBP||Tu,F||6:03|
|13352||Alappuzha-Dhanbad Express||Exp||ECR||Dhanbad Junction/DHN||Daily||6:55|
|18452||Tapaswini Express||Exp||ECoR||Hatia Station/HTE||Daily||9:50|
|18110||Jammu Tawi-Rourkela Express||Exp||SER||Rourkela Junction/ROU||Daily||11:40|
|58162||Jharsuguda Hatia Passenger||Pass||SER||Hatia/HTE||Daily||12:18|
|18109||Rourkela - Muri - Jammu Express||Exp||SER||Jammu Tawi/JAT||Daily||12:40|
|58161||Hatia Jharsuguda Passenger||Pass||SER||Jharsuguda Junction/JSG||Daily||13:55|
|18311||Sambalpur Varanasi Express||Exp||ECoR||Varanasi Junction/BSB||Sun,W||17:38|
The nearest airports to Bano Station are
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 95 kilometres (59 mi)
- Gaya Airport, Gaya 259 kilometres (161 mi)
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 366 kilometres (227 mi)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
- "RANCHI DIVISION AT A GLANCE". Official Website, South Eastern Railway, Govt of India. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Trains at Bano Station". India Rail Info. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Bano Railway Station Details". indiantrains.org. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Bano Railway Station". onefivenine.com. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
|This article about a railroad station in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|