Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (October 2010)|
|Jai Prakash Narayan International Airport
जय प्रकाश नारायण हवाई अड्डा.
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||170 ft / 52 m|
Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport (IATA: PAT, ICAO: VEPT), also known as Jaiprakash Narayan Airport, Patna is an airport located 5 kilometres (2.7 NM) southwest of Patna, the capital of state of Bihar in India. According to the statistics released by the Airports Authority of India, the agency responsible for the airport, it is the 21st busiest airport in India, and domestic traffic is growing rapidly.It is classified as a Restricted International Airport by AAI. Due to a lots of development work in Bihar, the AAI has planned to open a new International airport in Bihta near Patna.
A Nalanda International Airport is also proposed, to facilitate the foreign deligates for ongoing Nalanda International University, a world class international University construction is in Progress in nearby Nalanda.
The airport covers an area of 254 acres (103 ha) and resides at an elevation of 170 feet (52 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 07/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 1,954 by 45 metres (6,411 ft × 148 ft).
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines provide passenger service to destinations in India:
|Air India||Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai|
|GoAir||Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai|
|IndiGo||Bangalore, Delhi, Goa (begins 17 March 2015), Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Ranchi|
|Jet Airways||Delhi, Indore, Kolkata, Lucknow|
operated by JetKonnect
|Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata|
|Spirit Air||Charter: Purnea, Kolkata, Raxaul|
|Blue Dart Aviation||Delhi|
Private taxis are available for hire. Recently, prepaid auto services started. operated by an all-women crew.
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (jsp). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (html). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport: Technical Information". Airports Authority of India. Retrieved 31 March 2010.
- "Photograph of airport terminal showing the name as "Jaiprakash Narayan International Airport, Patna". SkyscraperCity.com. Retrieved 31 March 2010.
- "Photograph of airport entrance showing the name as "Jai Prakash Narayan Intl. Airport, Patna". PatnaPassion.com. Retrieved 31 March 2010.
- Airport information for VEPT from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- "Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport gets Women driven Prepaid Auto Services". Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- "Patliputra Railway Station to be inaugurated on September 6". Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- Accident description at the Aviation Safety Network