Behala Paschim (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kolkata Dakshin|
|Electorate (year)||259,713 (2011)|
Behala Paschim (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (earlier known as Behala West) is an assembly constituency in South 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Behala is a neighborhood in Kolkata.
In the 2011 elections, Partha Chatterjee of Trinamool Congress defeated his nearest rival Anupam Deb Sarkar of CPI(M).
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Behala Paschim |
|BJP||Amalendu Roy Chowdhary||4,248||2.09|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||0||2|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||15|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||1||2|
Note: New constituencies – 7, constituencies abolished – 8 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 and 2001 Partha Chatterjee of Trinamool Congress won the Behala West assembly constituency defeating his nearest rivals Niranjan Mukherjee of CPI(M) in 2006 and Nirmal Mukherjee of CPI(M) in 2001. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Nirmal Mukherjee of CPI(M) defeated Kumud Bhattacharya of Congress in 1996, and Lakshmi Kanta Basu of Congress in 1991. Rabin Mukherjee of CPI(M) defeated Lakshmi Kanta Basu of Congress in 1987, Aruna Ghosh Dastidar of Congress in 1982 and Subodh Chandra Das of Congress in 1977.
Biswanath Chakrabarty of CPI won in 1972. Rabin Mukherjee of CPI(M) won in 1971, 1969 and 1967. Prior to that Behala was a single seat. Rabindra Nath Mukhopadhyay of CPI won the Behala seat in 1962 and 1957. In independent India’s first election in 1951, Biren Roy of Forward Bloc (RG) won the Behala seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Statistical Report on General Elections, 2004 to the 14th Lok Sabha". Volume III Details For Assembly Segments Of Parliamentary Constituencies. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 6 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-01.
- "Behala Paschim". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Behala Paschim. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Behala Paschim. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "113 - Behala West Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 5 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-25.