Kakdwip (community development block)
|Community development block|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|• Total||96.95 sq mi (251.10 km2)|
|• Density||2,470/sq mi (953/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||70.53 per cent|
Kakdwip (community development block) (Bengali: কাকদ্বীপ সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Kakdwip subdivision of South 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Kakdwip police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Pakurberia.
Kakdwip is located at.
Gram panchayats of Kakdwip block/panchayat samiti are: Bapuji, Madhusudanpur, Netajee, Pratapdityanagar, Rabindra, Ramgopalpur, Rishi Bankim Chandra, Sri Ramkrishna, Srinagar, Surjanagar and Swami Vivekananda.
As per 2001 census, Kakdwip block had a total population of 239,381, out of which 122,792 were males and 116,589 were females. Kakdwip block registered a population growth of 25.93 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for South 24 Parganas district was 20.89 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Kakdwip block had a total literacy of 70.53 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 81.39 per cent female literacy was 59.05 per cent. South 24 Parganas district had a total literacy of 69.45 per cent, male literacy being 79.19 per cent and female literacy being 59.01 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". South 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, South Twentyfour Parganas District (18)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Annexure A of 322 (Sanction)-RD/CCA/BRGF/IC-02/08; Date: 27.03.2009 – Statement of Release of Development Grant under BRGF. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, South Twentyfour Parganas District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-24.