Berlin Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Berlin Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
Location of Berlin Township in Delaware County.
|• Total||26.1 sq mi (67.6 km2)|
|• Land||22.5 sq mi (58.3 km2)|
|• Water||3.6 sq mi (9.2 km2)|
|Elevation||945 ft (288 m)|
|• Density||147.2/sq mi (56.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086043|
Berlin Township is one of the eighteen townships of Delaware County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 3,315 people in the township, 3,313 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Brown Township - north
- Kingston Township - northeast corner
- Berkshire Township - east
- Genoa Township - southeast corner
- Orange Township - south
- Liberty Township - southwest
- Delaware Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Emergency medical services in Berlin Township are provided by the Delaware County EMS.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Delaware County EMS