Billy Miller (actor)
|Born||William John Miller II
September 17, 1979
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
|Other names||Billy J. Miller
|Education||Bachelor's degree Arts and Communications|
|Alma mater||University of Texas|
William "Billy" John Miller II is an American actor and businessman. He is best known for his role as Billy Abbott on the CBS Daytime soap opera The Young and the Restless. He currently plays the role of Jason Morgan on the long running soap opera General Hospital.
Miller was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma and raised in Grand Prairie, Texas. He is the middle child and only son, who has two sisters, Michelle and Megan. As a child, Miller spent five years as a patient of Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, an organization he now supports.
He attended Mirabeau B. Lamar High School in Arlington, Texas and the University of Texas in Austin, Texas, where he received a communications degree and was one of only twenty students in the film department's intensive Production Sequence.
After graduating from college, Miller moved out to Los Angeles where he began working in the mail room of Industry Entertainment. His first break into acting came after he signed on with the Wilhelmina modeling agency. He appeared in six commercials, including two for Electronic Arts' The Sims. He also did commercials for JCPenney, Pizza Hut and pokerparty.com.
At the age of 24, he screen-tested for the CBS Daytime soap opera As the World Turns, but due to bad management, he lost the audition, and subsequently the management and agency. He took a two-year hiatus from acting after that experience.
In 2006, Billy returned to acting, starring in an episode of CSI: NY. A year later, he landed the role of Richie Novak, the murdering, and blackmailing brother of Annie Lavery on the ABC Daytime soap opera All My Children. His first appearance on-screen was August 30, 2007. When news of the character's demise broke in August 2008, Miller began the audition process again. Barbara Bloom (Senior Vice President, Daytime, CBS Entertainment), Julie Hanan Carruthers (Executive Producer, All My Children), Marla Kanelos (former Script Writer, All My Children, now Associate Head Writer, The Young and the Restless), and screen-test partners Peter Bergman and Elizabeth Hendrickson were instrumental in helping him get the job at The Young and the Restless.
Billy's last appearance as Richie Novak on All My Children coincided with his first appearance as Billy Abbott on The Young and the Restless on September 19, 2008. He is the fourth contract actor to fill the role, a role that had been met with varying degrees of success in its three previous attempts to recast the part. Miller, who submitted the longest Emmy reel among all nominated performers (over 32 minutes long—an entire episode), was awarded for his work in an It's A Wonderful Life-styled episode of The Young and the Restless with his first nomination and win as Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series on June 27, 2010 as well as June 14, 2013 
In 2011, he was nominated a second time in the Outstanding Supporting Actor category for the same role.
In August, it was confirmed that Miller would be appearing in primetime as a recurring cast member on the CW Network’s thriller Ringer. Miller was recently cast as Gabe Watson in the Lifetime made-for-TV movie, Fatal Honeymoon.
On September 2, 2014, General Hospital executive producer Frank Valentini announced on Twitter that Miller would join the cast as Jason Morgan, formerly portrayed by current Y&R co-star Steve Burton.
|2006||CSI: NY||Will Graham||One episode: "Live or Let Die"|
|2007 -08||All My Children||Richie Novak||Series regular|
|2008 -14||The Young and the Restless||Billy Abbott||Series regular|
|2011||Justified||James Earl Dean||One episode: "The Moonshine War"|
|Ringer||Charlie Young||Recurring role; Seven episodes|
|2013||Castle||Mickey Gerhardt||One episode: "Number One Fan"|
|2014||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Officer Robert Dolan||One episode: "The Fallen"|
|2014-||General Hospital||Jason Morgan||Series regular|
|2011||Ripper||Edward||3D Short Film|
|2012||Fatal Honeymoon||Gabe Watson||Lifetime Made-for-TV Movie; See also: Death of Tina Watson|
Awards and nominations
||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||Young and the Restless, TheThe Young and the Restless||Won||
||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||The Young and the Restless||Nominated||
||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series||The Young and the Restless||Won||
||Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series||The Young and the Restless||Won||
- "GH HUGE SPOILER ALERTS!" Soap Opera Digest June 10, 2013 (Vol. 38, No. 23). p. 39.
- Martindale, David. "Arlington Lamar grad Billy Miller makes a name for himself on Y&R". Fort Worth Star Telegram. January 7, 2011. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- AST: Let's Talk Lane. "AST: Let's Talk Lane". BlogTalk Radio. April 11, 2009. Retrieved April 11, 2009.
- CBS Entertainment. "Billy Miller: The Young and the Restless on CBS". CBS
- Martindale, David. "Arlington Lamar grad Billy Miller makes a name for himself on Y&R". Fort Worth Star Telegram. January 7, 2011. Retrieved January 27, 2011.Lamar High School (Arlington, Texas)#Notable alumni
- Peck, Amanda. "Fear No Evil". Soaptown USA. June 1, 2008. Retrieved June 17, 2008.
- BuzzWorthy Radio."BuzzWorthy Radio – Daniel Goddard & Billy Miller". BlogTalk Radio. May 7, 2008. Retrieved May 7, 2008.
- Soap Opera Digest. "Billy Miller (Billy, Y&R) Soap Star Stats". Soap Opera Digest
- celesta920. "The Sims Makin' Magic Commercial". YouTube. October 17, 2003. Retrieved May 24, 2008.
- DivaRomas2006. "Billy Miller – Richie Novak on "All My Children"". YouTube. March 6, 2008. Retrieved March 8, 2008.
- BuzzWorthy Radio. "BuzzWorthy Radio – Billy Miller". BlogTalk Radio. June 18, 2009. Retrieved June 18, 2009.
- Kroll, Dan J. "Y&R snags ousted AMC star as its new Billy Abbott". SoapCentral. August 7, 2008. Retrieved August 11, 2008.
- Kroll, Dan J. "Miller, Pinson pick up their first Daytime Emmys". SoapCentral. June 27, 2010. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- IMDb. "Remembering Nigel".
- Abrams, Natalie. "Exclusive: Soap Star Billy Miller Heading to CW's "Ringer"". TVGuide.com. August 24, 2011. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- "Lifetime movie Fatal Honeymoon takes on story of Gabe and Tina Watson (video)".
- SOD (September 2, 2014). "BILLY MILLER JOINS GH!". Soap Opera Digest. American Media, Inc. Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- Simms, Richard M. (September 2, 2014). "Billy Miller Is GH's New Jason!". ABC Soap In Depth. Bauer Media Group. Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- Fairman, Michael (September 2, 2014). "CONFIRMED: Billy Miller is Joining The Cast Of General Hospital As Jason Morgan!". On Air, On Soaps. Retrieved September 2, 2014.
- "'As the World Turns' tops Daytime Emmys". The Hollywood Reporter. New York City: Prometheus Global Media. Associated Press. June 27, 2010. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- "The 38th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award Nominations". New York: emmyonline.org and National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. May 11, 2011. Archived from the original on June 28, 2013. Retrieved May 5, 2013.
- "The 40th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award Winners". New York: emmyonline.org and National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. June 16, 2013. Archived from the original on June 28, 2013. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- "The 41st Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Award Winners". New York: emmyonline.org and National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. June 16, 2013. Archived from the original on June 23, 2014. Retrieved June 17, 2013.