Canon EOS 450D
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Sensor||CMOS APS-C 22.2 × 14.8 mm (1.6× conversion factor)|
|Maximum resolution||12.2 effective megapixels, 4,272 × 2,848|
|Lens||Canon EF lens mount, Canon EF-S lens mount,|
|Flash||E-TTL II automatic built-in pop-up, 13 m ISO 100 guide number, 27 mm (equivalent in 135 format) lens focal length coverage; compatible with Canon EX Series Speedlite external hotshoe-mount flashes|
|Shutter||focal-plane , vertical travel, mechanical|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 to 30 sec, 1/200 s X-sync|
|Exposure metering||Full aperture TTL, 35-zone SPC|
Automatic shiftable programme, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, auto depth-of-field, full auto, programmed modes, manual, E-TTL II autoflashprogramme AE
|Metering modes||Spot, evaluative, partial (approx. 9% at center of viewfinder), centre-weighted average|
|Focus areas||9 AF points|
|Focus modes||One-shot, predictive AI servo, automatic switching autofocus; manual focus|
|Continuous shooting||3.5 frame/s for 53 JPEG frames or 6 RAW frames|
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentamirror SLR, 95% coverage, 0.87× magnification|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO 100 to 1600|
|Custom WB||Auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, tungsten light, white fluorescent light, flash, manual, user-set|
|WB bracketing||±3 stops in 1-stop increments;|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.0 in (76 mm) color TFT LCD, 230,000 pixels|
|Storage||Secure Digital card
Secure Digital High Capacity
|Battery||LP-E5 battery pack|
|Weight||475 g (body only), 128.8 × 97.5 × 61.9 mm (W × H × D)|
The EOS 450D (called EOS Rebel XSi in North America and EOS Kiss X2 in Japan) is a 12.2-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera that is part of the Canon EOS line of cameras. It is the successor to the EOS 400D/Digital Rebel XTi. It was announced on 23 January 2008 and released in March 2008 and April 2008 in North America. It was superseded by the Canon EOS 500D (Rebel T1i in North America) which was announced on 25 March 2009.
- 12.2-megapixel CMOS sensor.
- DIGIC III image processor
- 14-bit analog to digital signal conversion
- 3.0-inch (76 mm) LCD monitor
- Live View mode
- Nine-point AF with centre cross-type sensors
- Four metering modes, using 35-zones: spot, partial, center-weighted average, and evaluative metering.
- Built-in flash
- Auto lighting optimiser
- Highlight tone priority
- EOS integrated cleaning system
- sRGB and AdobeRGB colour spaces
- ISO 100–1600 (separate ISO button feature similar to the Canon EOS-1D professional series)
- Continuous drive up to 3.5 frame/s (53 images (JPEG), 6 images (RAW))
- Canon EF/EF-S lenses
- Canon EX Speedlites
- PAL/NTSC video output
- SD and SDHC memory card file storage
- File Formats include: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original, 2nd edition)
- RAW and large JPEG simultaneous recording
- USB 2.0 computer interface
- LP-E5 battery
- Optional BG-E5 battery grip
- Approximate weight 0.475 kg
- "Canon EOS 450D / EOS Rebel XSi". Digital Photography Review. 24 January 2008.
- "EOS 450D: get ready to play". 24 January 2008. Archived from the original on 29 January 2008. Retrieved 24 January 2008.
- "Canon Press Release". 23 January 2008. Retrieved 24 January 2008.
- "Canon USA EOS 500D Press Release". 25 March 2009. Retrieved 25 March 2009.
- "Canon Xsi specs from Canon Camera Museum". Canon.com. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canon EOS 450D.|
|Canon EOS Digital Camera timeline (comparison)|
Naming of entry-level models: Rebel - Americas | Kiss - Japan
See also: Canon EOS Film SLR cameras