Canon EOS 700D
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Image sensor type||CMOS|
|Image sensor size||22.3 mm × 14.9 mm|
|Maximum resolution||5,184×3,456 (18.0 effective megapixels)|
|Lens||Canon EF lens mount, Canon EF-S lens mount|
|Flash||E-TTL II automatic built-in pop-up|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 to 30 sec and bulb, 1/200 s X-sync|
|Exposure metering||Full aperture TTL, 63-zone SPC|
|Exposure modes||Full Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, No Flash, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Program AE, Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority, Manual,, Movie|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Spot (4% at center), Partial (9% at center), Center-weighted average|
|Focus areas||9 AF points, all f/5.6 cross-type (extra sensitivity at f/2.8 at central point)|
|Focus modes||AI Focus, One-Shot, AI Servo, Live View, Movie Servo|
|Continuous shooting||5.0 frame/s for 22 JPEG (30 with UHS-I cards) or 6 raw frames|
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentamirror SLR, 95% coverage, 0.85× magnification, and electronic (Live View)|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO 100 to 12800 (expandable to 25600)|
|Custom WB||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash, Custom|
|WB bracketing||+/- 3 stops for 3 frames|
|Rear LCD monitor||3 inch 3:2 color TFT LCD touchscreen, 1,040,000 dots|
|Storage||SD/SDHC/SDXC; fully exploits UHS-I bus|
|Battery||LP-E8 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery|
|Dimensions||133.1 mm × 99.5 mm × 79.7 mm|
|Weight||575 g (1.27 lb / 20.28 oz)|
|Optional battery packs||BG-E8 grip|
The Canon EOS 700D (known as the Kiss X7i in Japan and the Rebel T5i in the Americas) is an 18.0-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera announced by Canon on 21 March 2013. It is the successor to the EOS 650D/Kiss X6i/Rebel T4i. As with most Canon cameras in previous years, it is being manufactured in Japan.
The EOS 700D has a feature set almost identical to that of the older Canon EOS 650D. According to photographer and technology writer Gordon Laing,
It's fair to say that not a great deal has changed between the T5i / 700D and its predecessor. Indeed they're identical other than three changes: a new mode dial which can rotate through 360 degrees and keep turning, previews of Creative Filters in Live View, and a new external coating inherited from mid-range models like the 60D to provide a more durable finish.
The 700D, however, was introduced with a new kit lens—a new version of the existing EF-S 18–55mm that employs Canon's STM (stepping motor) technology and also (for the first time in a Canon 18–55mm lens) has a front section that does not rotate.
- 18.0 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- 9 cross type AF points. Center point is high precision, double cross-type at f/2.8 or faster.
- DIGIC 5 image processor with 14-bit processing
- ISO 100-12800 sensitivity, extends to ISO 25600
- 95% viewfinder frame coverage with 0.87× magnification
- 1080p HD video recording at 24p, 25p (25 Hz) and 30p (29.97 Hz) with drop frame timing
- 720p HD video recording at 50p (50 Hz)
- 480p ED video recording at 30p and 25p
- 5.0 frames per second continuous shooting
- 3.0-inch Vari-angle Clear View LCD II Touch screen with 1.04-megapixel resolution.
- 3.5mm microphone jack for external microphones or recorders
Differences compared to EOS 650D:
- Real-time preview of Creative Filters in Live View mode
- Redesigned new mode dial that turns 360 degrees
- New 'upmarket' textured body finish
- "Canon UK - Canon unveils the EOS 700D and EOS 100D – let your creativity grow". Canon.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- Laing, Gordon (March 2013). "Canon Rebel T5i / 700D". CameraLabs.com. Retrieved May 7, 2013.