Canon EOS 700D
Canon EOS 700D known as the Kiss X7i in Japan and the Rebel T5i in the Americas is an 18.0-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera announced by Canon on 21 March 2013. It is the successor to the EOS 650D/Kiss X6i/Rebel T4i. As with most Canon cameras in previous years, it is being manufactured in Japan.
The EOS 700D has a feature set almost identical to that of the older Canon EOS 650D. According to photographer and technology writer Gordon Laing,
It's fair to say that not a great deal has changed between the T5i / 700D and its predecessor. Indeed they're identical other than three changes: a new mode dial which can rotate through 360 degrees and keep turning, previews of Creative Filters in Live View, and a new external coating inherited from mid-range models like the 60D to provide a more durable finish.
The 700D, however, was introduced with a new kit lens—a new version of the existing EF-S 18–55mm that employs Canon's STM (stepping motor) technology and also (for the first time in a Canon 18–55mm lens) has a front section that does not rotate.
- 18.0 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- 9 cross type AF points. Center point is high precision, double cross-type at f/2.8 or faster.
- DIGIC 5 image processor with 14-bit processing
- ISO 100-12800 sensitivity, extends to ISO 25600
- 95% viewfinder frame coverage with 0.87× magnification
- 1080p HD video recording at 24p, 25p (25 Hz) and 30p (29.97 Hz) with drop frame timing
- 720p HD video recording at 50p (50 Hz)
- 480p ED video recording at 30p and 25p
- 5.0 frames per second continuous shooting
- 3.0-inch Vari-angle Clear View LCD II Touch screen with 1.04-megapixel resolution.
- 3.5mm microphone jack for external microphones or recorders
- "Canon UK - Canon unveils the EOS 700D and EOS 100D – let your creativity grow". Canon.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- Laing, Gordon (March 2013). "Canon Rebel T5i / 700D". CameraLabs.com. Retrieved May 7, 2013.
|Canon EOS Digital Camera timeline (comparison)|
Specialty models: C - Cinema EOS
Naming of entry-level models: Rebel - Americas | Kiss - Japan
See also: Canon EOS Film SLR cameras