||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2011)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2012)|
|Industry||Engineering and construction|
|Predecessor(s)||Capita Property Consultancy Ltd and Symonds Group|
Capita Symonds was a large UK multidisciplinary consultancy operating in the building design, civil engineering, environment, management and transport sectors, part of the Capita Group. They had around 4,500 staff in 50 offices, across the UK and Ireland.
Capita Architecture, Capita Bobrowski, Capita Lovejoy, Capita Pearce Buckle, MMB and Andrew Martin Associates were all Capita Symonds brands, now all under just the Capita name.
Symonds was established in 1960 and Capita formed within the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy in 1984.
In 1995 Symonds acquired Travers Morgan - expanding into transport, engineering and environmental consultancy services.
Capita Symonds originated as a merger of Capita Property Consultancy Ltd and Symonds Group, following the acquisition of Symonds by Capita in 2004. Capita's property companies had been combined into one organisation in 1998, initially named Capita Property Services Ltd.
In 1999 Capita Property Services acquired the companies MPM Adams and Edward Roscoe Associates. In 2001/2 they formed strategic partnerships with Cumbria County Council, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council and four Welsh local authorities.
- Percy Thomas Architects (2004)
- Norman & Dawbarn (2005)
- Buchanan Consulting Engineers (2005)
- Ruddle Wilkinson Architects (2006)
- Church Lukas Limited (Birmingham office) (2006)
- Lovejoy (2008)
- NRM Bobrowski (2008)
- Pearce Buckle (2008)
- MMB Associates (2009)
- Andrew Martin Associates (AMA) (2009)
- Multi-Tech Contracts Ltd (2009)
- Inventures (2010)
- Northcroft (2012)
In 2007 the architectural services were combined into a Capita Architecture brand.
In October 2013 Capita Symonds was renamed Capita Property & Infrastructure Ltd and will be marketed as just Capita.
- Percy Thomas Architects (later incorporated into Capita Architecture) designed the Awards winning Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff.
- The BBC Hoddinott Hall (Phase 2 of the Wales Millennium Centre) was designed by Capita Architecture.
- Our history (timeline), Capita Symonds website. Retrieved 2012-04-08.
- Our Businesses Capita Property & Infrastructure Ltd website. Retrieved 2013-10-07
- About Us - Overview Capita Property & Infrastructure Ltd website. Retrieved 2013-10-07
- Spring, Martin (Ed.) Capita buys Percy Thomas Building, Issue 24, 18 June 2004, p.11 (first 5 lines available online HERE)
- BBC Wales News BBC orchestra moves into new home 22 January 2009 (retrieved 2011-10-15)
- Capita Symonds Website
- Multi-Tech Contract Ltd
- Urban Vision
- Capita Symonds on YouTube
- Capita Symonds on Flickr