Refined Bitumen Association
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2010)|
|Refined Bitumen Association|
|Legal status||Non-profit company|
|Purpose/focus||Road surfaces in the UK|
|Location||Harrogate Business Centre, Hammerain House, Hookstone Avenue, Harrogate, HG2 8ER|
|Membership||Five bitumen companies|
The Refined Bitumen Association is the trade association for UK bitumen companies.
It was formed in 1968.
Asphalt Industry Alliance 
In 2000, it formed the Asphalt Industry Alliance with the Mineral Products Association, based in London. Asphalt is a mixture of bitumen and quarried mineral products, represented by both trade organisations.
Its five main members cover 95% of the UK market
- ExxonMobil Bitumen, based in Leatherhead, Surrey
- Nynas UK (a Swedish company), based in Eastham, Merseyside, Wirral, north of Ellesmere Port
- Petroplus Bitumen (formerly BP Bitumen before Petroplus bought the Coryton Refinery in 2007), based in Llandarcy, Neath Port Talbot
- Shell Bitumen, based in Wythenshawe
- Total Bitumen UK Ltd, based in Ashton-on-Ribble in Preston, Lancashire
It represents the UK bitumen industry at a national level. The UK produces around 1.5 million tonnes of bitumen a year. 90% of UK bitumen is used on roads.