New Kunming City Hall in Chenggong
Location of Chenggong District (pink) and Kunming prefecture (yellow) within Yunnan province of China
|• Total||461 km2 (178 sq mi)|
|• Density||760/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
Chenggong District (Chinese: 呈贡区; pinyin: Chénggòng Qū) is a city district under the jurisdiction of Kunming, Yunnan, China. Chenggong, formerly a county and situated on east bank of the Dian Lake, had its status changed to a district of Kunming in 2011.
Chenggong is the chief zone for the expansion of the city of Kunming, almost a 20 minute drive away. It is the site of the new Kunming City Hall, and new campuses for Yunnan University and Yunnan Normal University.
As of 2012, much of the newly constructed housing in Chenggong is still unoccupied, and it is reportedly one of the largest ghost towns in Asia, in a similar situation to Ordos City and the New South China Mall. However, some commentators expect it to become occupied over the next few years, as central Kunming is overcrowded. Some Government departments are to move to Chenggong in 2012, and a light rail link to Kunming is under construction.
Dounan Flower Market
- List of cities in the People's Republic of China
- List of cities in the People's Republic of China by population
- List of cities in the People's Republic of China by GDP per capita
- Robin Banerji; Patrick Jackson (14 August 2012). "China's ghost towns and phantom malls". BBC News. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- China: No one home, Financial Times, 21 Feb 2010
- Chenggong Industrial Park[dead link]
- Kunming Government[dead link]
- Ryan Li, Minnie Mao (2012-04-10). "Annual turnover of Dounan flowers market reached 3.6 bln yuan". In Kunming. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Dounan Flower Market". Frommer's Review. New York Times. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Official government site
- Area Code and Postal Code in Yunnan Province
- Chenggong, one of the largest new ghost town in Asia