China Anne McClain
|China Anne McClain|
McClain performing at Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade 2011
August 25, 1998 |
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
|Occupation||Actress, singer, songwriter, musician, dancer|
|Genres||Pop, R&B, dance|
|Instruments||Vocals, bass, piano, guitar|
|Labels||Walt Disney , Hollywood|
|Associated acts||McClain Sisters|
China Anne McClain (born August 25, 1998) is an American actress, singer, musician, and songwriter. Her father and mother are singers and producers. She has two sisters, Sierra and Lauryn, forming the group McClain Sisters. China's career began in 2005 when she was seven years old acting in the movie The Gospel; however, she became nationally known after 2007, when she joined the cast of the series Tyler Perry's House of Payne as Jazmine Payne, and internationally as Chyna Parks, the star of the Disney Channel television series A.N.T. Farm.
Disney released the soundtrack of the television series ANT Farm on October 11, 2011. McClain sings six songs and two solos with her sisters on the soundtrack, which debuted in the Billboard 200 at number 29 with 14,000 copies sold in its first week. The release containing the hit song "Calling All the Monsters" that reached the eighty-sixth spot on the Billboard Hot 100.
McClain was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. Her father, Michael McClain, is a music producer. Her mother, Shontell, is a songwriter. She currently resides in Los Angeles, California with her family.
2005–10: Early work and Tyler Perry's House of Payne
McClain was discovered in 2005 by a music executive who heard her sing and encouraged director Rob Hardy to audition her for his 2005 feature film The Gospel. Her role caught the attention of Tyler Perry, who cast her as Jazmine Payne in the television series Tyler Perry's House of Payne.
She appears in the movie Daddy's Little Girls with her sisters, Sierra and Lauryn, who are also actresses and play her older sisters in the film. McClain appeared in and guest starred in various other shows and movies such as Hannah Montana with Sierra McCormick, NCIS and the 2009 film Hurricane Season. Jonas L.A. was also a Disney Channel shows she was on. She also appeared in the movie Grown Ups, as Charlotte McKenzie.
2011–present: A.N.T. Farm, McClain Sisters, and music career
McClain appeared on the Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place in 2011 as Tina in one episode entitled "Wizards vs. Angels". In 2011, McClain was cast as the lead role in the Disney Channel series A.N.T. Farm. For the show, McClain recorded a cover of Taio Cruz's "Dynamite". She also sings the series theme song, "Exceptional". China Anne's first music video, for "Dynamite", premiered on July 23, 2011 on Disney Channel. After less than a week, more than 1 million views on YouTube were reported. She has appeared in an episode of PrankStars. She also appeared in the Chiddy Bang Opposite Of Adults music video. For the Disney Channel Halloween special in 2011, she performed the song, "Calling All The Monsters".
On June 14, 2011, China and her sisters - known as the McClain Sisters - signed with Hollywood Records. The A.N.T. Farm soundtrack was released on October 11, 2011, featuring China Anne's version of "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz. On September 28, 2011, China Anne released "Calling All The Monsters" to iTunes. "Calling All The Monsters" charted number 100 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. On November 24, 2011, China performed her song "Unstoppable" in the 85th Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. She co-starred in the 2013 sequel Grown Ups 2. On December 27, 2013, it was announced on her Twitter page that A.N.T. Farm would be ending after it's 3rd season. On the same day, it was revealed that the McClain Sisters had left Hollywood Records.
|2005||The Gospel||Alexis||Film debut|
|2006||Madea's Family Reunion||Tamara|
|2007||A Dennis the Menace Christmas||Margaret||Direct-to-video movie|
|Daddy's Little Girls||China James|
|2008||Six Blocks Wide||Neighbor #8|
|2009||Jack and Janet Save the Planet||Janet||TV movie|
|2010||Hurricane Season||Alana Collins||Direct-to-video movie|
|Grown Ups||Charlotte McKenzie|
|2013||Grown Ups 2|
|2014||How to Build a Better Boy||Gabby Harrison|
|2006–2012||Tyler Perry's House of Payne||Jazmine Payne||(Seasons 1–6, Season 7 recurring)|
|2008||Jimmy Kimmel Live!||Natasha Obama||TV series (uncredited)|
|2009||Hannah Montana||Isabel||Episode: "Welcome to the Bungle"|
|NCIS||Kayla Vance||Episode: "Knockout"|
|2010||Jonas L.A.||Kiara Tyshana||3 episodes|
|2011||Wizards of Waverly Place||Tina (good Angel)||Episode: "Wizards vs Angels"|
|2011–2014||A.N.T. Farm||Chyna Parks||Lead role; Disney Channel Original Series|
|2011||PrankStars||Herself||Episode: "Game Showed Up"|
|2012||So Random!||Herself||Musical Guest|
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|"—" denotes items which were not released in that country or failed to chart.|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Calling All the Monsters"||86||89||119|
|"—" denotes a title that was not released or did not chart in that territory.|
|"Your Biggest Fan"||2009||Nick Jonas||Jonas L.A.|
|"I Got My Scream On"||2012||N/A||Make Your Mark: Ultimate Playlist|
|"How Do I Get There from Here"||N/A|
|2011||"Dynamite"||Music Video Premiered on Disney Channel|
|"Calling All the Monsters"|
|2011||NAMIC Vision Awards||Best Performance - Actress of Comedy||Jazmine Payne by Tyler Perry's House of Payne||Won|
|Teen Icon Awards||Icon To Tomorrow||A.N.T. Farm||Nominated|
|2014||NAACP Image Awards||Outstanding Performance in a Youth/ Children’s Program – (Series or Special)||A.N.T. Farm||Won|
- "Disney Channel Bio - China Anne McClain". Disney Channel Medianet. Archived from the original on November 28, 2011.
- "Disney's A.N.T. Farm China Anne McClain interview!". NG Kids. 2011. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "China Anne McClain Bio". kidzworld.com. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- Barnes, Brooks (May 10, 2011). "Tween Stars Wanted: Must Be Primed for Pressure". nytimes.com. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Biography of China". chinaanne.net. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- Mitovich, Matt (February 24, 2009). "NCIS Dips into Murder Club to Find Vance's Wife". TV Guide. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "China Anne McClain". rotten tomatoes. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "China Anne McClain - Dynamite (from A.N.T. Farm)". youtube. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- Ross, Robyn (August 5, 2011). "First Look: China Anne McClain Gets Her Game On for PrankStars". TV Guide. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "China Anne McClain - Calling All The Monsters Music Video - A.N.T. Farm - Disney Channel Official". youtube. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "Ps. check out our new signee @RealChinaAnne --- she's a super doll!". Hollywood Records. June 14, 2011.
- "Adele Reclaims Hot 100 Throne, B.o.B Blasts Into Top 10". billboard. October 5, 2011. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- An, Vickie (November 23, 2011). "Pop Parade". Time for Kids. Retrieved September 26, 2012.
- "Billboard Chart History: A.N.T. Farm Soundtrack". Billboard. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "Billboard Chart History: China Anne McClain". Billboard. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "China Anne McClain Chart History". acharts. 2010-05-13. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "Chart Log UK: New Entries Update". The Official Charts Company. Zobbel. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "China Anne McClain - Awards and nominations". IMDB. 2010-06-28. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Couch, Aaron (February 22, 2014). "NAACP Image Awards: The Winners". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to China Anne McClain.|