Department of Higher Education (India)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The department is empowered to grant deemed university status to educational institutions on the advice of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India, under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956.
- University and Higher Education; Minorities Education
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR)
- Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR)
- 38 Central Universities (including 15 new Central Universities which have been established w.e.f. 15.01.2009 by an ordinance promulgated by President of India)
- Indian Institute of Advanced Studies (IIAS), Shimla
- Technical Education
- All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) 
- Council of Architecture (COA) 
- 16 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- 5 Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs)
- 13 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
- 30 National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- 4 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
- 3 School of Planning and Architecture (SPAs)
- 4 National Institutes of Technical Teachers’ Training & Research (NITTTRs)
- 4 Regional Boards of Apprenticeship / Practical Training
- Administration and Languages
- Three Deemed Universities in the field of Sanskrit, viz. Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (RSkS), New Delhi, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth (SLBSRSV), New Delhi, and Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth (RSV), Tirupati
- Kendriya Hindi Sansthan (KHS), Agra
- English and Foreign Language University (EFLU), Hyderabad
- National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL)
- National Council for Promotion of Sindhi Language (NCPSL)
- Three subordinate offices: Central Hindi Directorate (CHD), New Delhi; Commission for Scientific & Technological Terminology (CSTT), New Delhi; and Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore
- Distance Education and Scholarships
- UNESCO, International Cooperation, Book Promotion and Copyrights, Education Policy, Planning and Monitoring
- Integrated Finance Division.
- Statistics, Annual Plan and CMIS
- Administrative Reform, North Eastern Region, SC/ST/OBC
- National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA)
- National Book Trust (NBT)
- National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions (NCMEI)
- National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- Central Tibetan School Administration (CTSA)
- National Foundation for Teachers' Welfare
- a public sector enterprise, Educational Consultants India Limited (EdCIL)
Notes and references
- "Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IISST) Thiruvanathapuram Declared as Deemed to be University". Ministry of Human Resource Development (India), Press Information Bureau. July 14, 2008.
- "IIST gets deemed university status". The Hindu. Jul 15, 2008.
- ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE Department of Higher Education website.
- Technical Education Overview Dept of Ed.
- National Level Councils Tech Ed.
- Council of Architecture website
- List of autonomous higher education institutes in India
- Education in India
- University Grants Commission (India)
- Department of Higher Education (Tamil Nadu)