|Birth name||Lee Dong-hae|
October 15, 1986 |
Mokpo, Jeollanam, South Korea
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||K-pop, J-pop, Mandopop|
|Associated acts||Super Junior
Donghae & Eunhyuk
SM the Performance
|Revised Romanization||I Dong-hae|
Lee Dong-hae (born October 15, 1986) is a South Korean singer and actor. He is a member of the boy band Super Junior, its subgroup Super Junior-M, and Donghae & Eunhyuk, as well as the dance-centered group SM The Performance. He is one of the first four Korean artists to appear on Chinese postage stamps.
Donghae was born in Mokpo, Jeollanam, South Korea  and wanted to become a singer. In 2001, Donghae signed with SM Entertainment after winning a prize at SM's Youth Best Contest. Under SM Entertainment, Donghae was put in singing, dancing, and acting lessons, and was then recruited into a five-member boy band Smile, with future band mate Leeteuk, but the idea was soon dropped. In 2004, Donghae, along with Leeteuk were put into another boy band and formed Super Junior with ten other trainees.
2005–2011: Debut with Super Junior & other activities
Donghae officially debuted as part of 12-member project group Super Junior 05 on 6 November 2005. He made his acting debut in Super Junior's horror documentary Mystery 6, broadcast in early 2006. The documentary surrounds Donghae and his peculiar ability to see and feel ghosts. In August 2006, Donghae played the role of a human turned cyborg in the Korean version of BoA's music video drama, "Key of Heart".
He played a role in Attack on the Pin-Up Boys. In April 2008, Donghae was put into seven-member sub-group Super Junior-M. Donghae sang the theme song for the 2011 8th Asia Song Festival, "Dreams Come True", with Seohyun of Girls' Generation
In 2011, Donghae co-starred again with fellow member Siwon, in the Taiwanese drama Skip Beat! with Ivy Chen. He also sang the ending theme song, "This is Love," which also featured fellow Super Junior-M member Henry.
2012: Comeback with Super Junior and Acting
In May 2012, Donghae was cast in the title role of Mr. Hedgehog in the romantic comedy Ms Panda and Mr Hedgehog. Donghae also sang his character Go Seung-gi's theme song "Plz Don’t", which was released online on 20 August.
In June 2012, Donghae reunited with Super Junior for their sixth studio album, Sexy, Free & Single. In the repackaged edition of the album, re-titled Spy, Donghae co-wrote the lyrics for "Only U" with Leeteuk; and co-composed "Haru" with Urban Zakapa's Kwon Soon-il.
On January 7, 2013, Super Junior-M released their second album, Break Down. In June 2013 Donghae & Eunhyuk released their second Japanese single, and their second Korean single "Still You" on December 18, 2013.
Due to a scheduling conflict, Donghae turned down the casting offer for horror film 'Tunnel'; however, he was later cast as the star lead in the short film Rumor. Donghae was to join the cast of God's Quiz Season 4 as Han Si Woo, a medical researcher. The show aired its first episode on May 18.
On August 2014, it was announced that Donghae and Super Junior would be making their comeback with the group's seventh album, Mamacita which was released online on August 29 and in stores on September 1. On the album, Donghae contributing music and lyrics to their second lead single, 'Shirt,' which received raises from Allkpop, "The track is one of the most energetic on the album beyond the title track." In December 2014, was ranked at #34 on 100 Most Handsome Faces of the year.
|2010||"Just Like Now"||It's Okay, Daddy's Girl OST|
|2011||"Only U"||As One|
|"Dreams Come True"||8th Asia Song Festival|
|"That's Love"||Skip Beat!|
|2012||"Plz Don’t"||Ms Panda and Mr Hedgehog OST|
|"Spectrum"||SM the Performance Single|
- The Youth-The Rumor (2014)
|2006||Super Junior Mini-Drama||Himself|
|2009||Stage of Youth||Himself|
|2010-2011||It's Okay, Daddy's Girl||Choi Wook-gi|
|2011-2012||Skip Beat!||Shang Jieyong / Bu Po Shang|
|2012||Ms Panda and Mr Hedgehog||Go Seung-ji|
|2014||God's Quiz - Season 4||Han Shi-woo|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Singapore e-Awards 2013||Most Popular Korean Actor||himself||Won|
- Mark Russell (29 April 2014). K-Pop Now!: The Korean Music Revolution. Tuttle Publishing. p. 39. ISBN 978-1-4629-1411-1.
- "Super Junior-M to appear on postage stamps". Newsen (in Korean). 2008-12-08. p. 1. Retrieved 2008-12-08.
- "Super Junior Official Website".
- "李东海个人资料_CCTV.com_中国中央电视台". Ent.cctv.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "2005 Super Junior's official debut" Ent.hunantv.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "SM Unveils 12-Membered Boy Group Named Super Junior" Arirang.co.kr. 27 October 2005. Retrieved 2011-12-25
- Cathy Rose A. Garcia "Super Junior Hits Big Screen" Korea Times. 8 July 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-03
- "Music and charity as Asia Song Fest wraps up its eighth year" Joongang Daily. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-27
- 華麗4月開麥拉 敲定陳意涵 [Skip Beat! in production in April. Ivy Chan in lead role]. UDN News (in Chinese). 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Two Super Junior members to star in Taiwanese drama" Joongang Daily. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-27
- Kim, JiYeon "Super Junior’s Donghae and Eunhyuk Form a Duet" CJ E&M enewsWorld. 9 December 2011 Retrieved 2012-04-02
- Lee, Nancy "Donghae and Eunhyuk′s Oppa Oppa to be Released in Japan" Mnet News. 12 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-21
- Suk, Monica (22 May 2012). "Super Junior's Donghae to turn 'Mr. Hedgehog' from 'Mr. Simple' in new romantic comedy". 10 Asia. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (21 August 2012). "Super Junior’s Donghae Sings and Raps for ‘Ms. Panda and Mr. Porcupine’ OST". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Hong, Lucia (22 June 2012). "Super Junior Donghae shows new concept in teaser pic for Sexy, Free & Single". 10 Asia. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (2 August 2012). "Super Junior to Release Repackaged Album with Leeteuk, Donghae Self-Penned Tracks". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Jeon, Su Mi (January 3, 2013). "Super Junior-M to Release Second Studio Album in China". Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Donghae and Eunhyuk provide audio preview of Japanese album 'Ride Me'". allkpop. 2014-02-06. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/74701/photo-super-junior-talks-comeback-with-mamacita%7Caccessdate=28 August 2014
- "100 Most Handsome Faces 2014…". TC Candler. December 27, 2014. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- Super Junior’s Donghae to Attend the London Korean Film Festival CJ E&M enewsWorld. 3 November 2014. Retrieved 25 January 2015
- "Singapore e-Awards 2013" Singapore e-Awards