From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Classification and external resources|
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis or postinfectious encephalomyelitis, a demyelinating disease of the brain and spinal cord, possibly triggered by viral infection;
- Encephalomyelitis disseminata, a synonym for multiple sclerosis;
- Equine encephalomyelitis, a potentially fatal mosquito-borne viral disease that infects horses and humans;
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis, a syndrome involving inflammation of the central nervous system with symptoms of muscle pain and fatigue; the term has sometimes been used interchangeably with chronic fatigue syndrome, though there is still controversy over the distinction.
- Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), an animal model of brain inflammation.
|This article about a medical condition affecting the nervous system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|