|Born||Enrique Mari Bacay Gil
March 30, 1992
|Other names||Quenito (by Julia Montes), Quen|
|Occupation||Actor, Model, Dancer|
Enrique Mari Bacay Gil or better known as Enrique Gil (born March 30, 1992) is a Filipino actor, model and dancer.
He is currently under contract with ABS-CBN's Star Magic and co-managed by Stages Production Specialists, Inc. He became famous for portraying the role of BJ in the teleserye Budoy and Prince Jao / Dasho Jao in Princess and I. He is also the main character in the teleserye Muling Buksan Ang Puso which he portrayed the role of Francis dela Vega who is suffering from a heart disease. In the Philippines, he's also known as the "Dougie King" for his signature dance moves to the song "Teach Me How to Dougie". After dancing "Gentleman" by Psy at Vice Ganda's Concert, he is now hailed as "Gentleman King". He released his debut album King of the Gil on September 2013, and he held a concert at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on November 2013.
Enrique Gil was born on March 30, 1992 in Cebu City. He is the son of Enrique Amadeo Gil Sr. and Barbara Anne Gil (Bambi Gil). He has an elder brother Enrique Javier/Enrique Jr. (Javy) and his younger sister Diandra Frances (Andie). He is a Cebuano with Spanish, German and Swiss roots. He finished primary school at the Montessori De Manila, a private institute inside the B.F. Executive Village in Las Piñas City, and secondary school in 2008 from Manresa School in Paranaque City. He took up Bachelor of Science in Information Technology at San Beda College-Alabang until the fourth year.
Gil started acting in the summer of 2008. He was 16 years old then, and boredom led him to enroll in commercial modeling and musical theater workshops conducted by Trumpets. He appeared in a series of TV commercials, including a Lewis and Pearl's ad, alongside Coleen Garcia . He was later launched as part of ABS-CBN's Star Magic Circle Batch 16. He landed his first television role in the action-drama series Pieta where he played Harold. Before Pieta, he has made a cameo appearance in I Love Betty La Fea as one of the Ecomodels.
In 2009, During the taping of Pieta, his mom convinced him to audition in the sitcom George and Cecil. As soon as the head writer and director Joey Reyes saw Enrique, he immediately cast him to be on the show. Later he was also cast in the indie film Pitas as a brother of Kristel Moreno.
In 2010, he co-starred in the indie war film Diego and His Brothers. In April, he joined ASAP XV as one of Star Magic's "Gigger Boys". In May, he co-starred in the teleserye Rosalka where he played the role of Andrew. He was originally set to appear in Kokey @ Ako, but his character was written off in favor of Jason Francisco. He played the character of Joco, little brother of Paolo Barredo (Gerald Anderson) in the film Till My Heartaches End. He got his first hosting stint in the ABS-CBN teen variety show, Shoutout!.
In 2011, he got demoted from host to a regular performer in Shoutout!, which was revamped and renamed to Shoutout!: Level Up. The show was eventually cancelled due to poor ratings. He played Jim in the 10th episode of Your Song Presents: Kim. He got his break when he was cast to play Michael Miranda — originally played by Diether Ocampo — in the 2011 remake of Mula Sa Puso. He played Troy Cabrera in Good Vibes. Gil admitted, during the Good Vibes press conference, that he was set to appear in the ABS-CBN's remake of María la del Barrio but had to let go of his role due to conflicting schedules. He replaced Albie Casiño in the upcoming Star Cinema film Way Back Home — the film debut of Kathryn Bernardo and Julia Montes. He appeared as BJ Maniego in Budoy. He was featured in Zia Quizon's Music Video debut entitled Ako Na Lang.
In 2012, he starred as Dasho Jao Rinpoche in Princess and I. He was cast in the movie The Reunion, a Filipino teen romantic comedy film directed by Frasco Mortiz. He was included in the movie Amorosa, making this his first horror film. Later in the year, he was cast in The Strangers, one of the official entries for the 38th Metro Manila Film Festival and his first MMFF movie.
In 2013, he was featured in Myrtle Sarrosa's Mr. Kupido music video, which was released in February. Enrique also portrayed Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile on the ABS-CBN's longest running drama anthology, Maalaala Mo Kaya.
Following this, he starred in a number of new projects. Last July 8, 2013, he top-billed the teleserye entitled Muling Buksan Ang Puso, with his co-stars from The Reunion and The Strangers, Julia Montes and Enchong Dee.
Last September 2013, it was announced that he is part of She's The One movie with Bea Alonzo and Dingdong Dantes. He released a debut dance album under Star Records entitled King of the Gil. Later in the year, Gil conquered the Smart-Araneta Coliseum for his first dance concert with Special guests Angel Locsin, Vice Ganda, Kim Chiu, Kathryn Bernardo, Vhong Navarro, Jhong Hilario, Arron Villaflor, Rayver Cruz, Martin del Rosario, Arjo Atayde, Ejay Falcon, gloc-9, Young JV, G-force, The Streetboys and his co-star from The Reunion, The Strangers and Muling Buksan Ang Puso leading lady Julia Montes. Before proving his dancing prowess in his ‘King of the Gil’ concert, Gil debuted on radio drama via “Dear M.O.R. Special” on “My Only Radio (MOR) 101.9 For Life!” and “MOR TV”. He portrayed the role of Carlo, a hopeless romantic guy who gives everything to his liberated and dominant girlfriend Lois, who will be played by FM radio’s first-ever roving DJ and ‘Darling ng Masa’ Eva Ronda.
|2013||Muling Buksan Ang Puso||Francis dela Vega|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya:Diploma||Juan Ponce Enrile|
|Maalaala Mo Kaya:Sapatos|
|2012-2013||Princess and I||Dasho Jan Alfonso "Jao" Rinpoche|
|2012||Sarah G. Live||Himself/Co-Host/Performer|
|Maynila (TV series): Star Collision||Tim||GMA Network|
|2011 - 2012||Budoy||Benjamin 'BJ' Maniego||ABS-CBN|
|2011||Mara Clara (2010 TV series)||Mara's debut escort|
|100 Days to Heaven||Teen Bobby Ramirez|
|Good Vibes||Troy Cabrera|
|Mula Sa Puso||Michael Miranda|
|Your Song Presents: Kim||Jim|
|Shoutout!: Level Up||Himself|
|Maynila (TV series): Dangerous Charade||Mark||GMA Network|
|2009||George and Cecil||Carlo Barredo||ABS-CBN|
|I Love Betty La Fea||Himself/Ecomodel|
|2013||She's The One||David Esguerra||Star Cinema|
|Must Be... Love||Dale|
|2012||The Strangers||Max||Star Cinema, Quantum Films, MJM Productions|
|Amorosa||Rommel||Star Cinema, Skylight Films|
|The Reunion||Boggs Alvarez||Star Cinema|
|2011||Way Back Home||Michael Estacio|
|2010||Till My Heartaches End||Jaco Barredo|
|Diego and His Brothers||Anton||Short film|
Music Video Appearances
|Music Video Appearances|
|2013||Ikaw Lamang||Himself||King of the Gil||MV for She's The One movie|
|Oha (Kaya Mo Ba'to)||Debut Single|
|Mr. Kupido||Myrtle Sarrosa||Myrtle Sarrosa||Featured Artist|
|2011||Ako Na Lang||Zia Quizon||Zia|
|Year||Title||Label||Type of Album||Certification|
|2013||Kwento ng Pasko||Star Records||Compilation||n/a|
|King of the Gil||Studio||n/a|
|2012||Princess and I (Soundtrack)||Compilation||Gold|
|Year||Title||Venue||Type of Concert||Notes|
|2013||King of the Gil||Smart Araneta Coliseum||Dance Concert||He filled the whole Araneta Coliseum with his fans|
Awards and Nomination
|Awards and Nomination|
|2013||Choice Ko Yum Awards||Local Choice Male Heartthrob||Won|
|Yahoo OMG Awards||OMG Breakthrough Actor of the Year||Won|
|100 Sexiest Men in the Philippines 2013||100 Sexiest Men in the Philippines 2013||Won|
|2012||FAMAS Award||German Moreno Youth Achievement Awardee||Won|
|MYX Music Awards||Favorite Guest Appearance in a Music Video||Nominated|
|Yahoo OMG Awards||Most Promising Actor of 2012||Won|
|Pasado Awards||Pinakapasadong Dangal ng Kabataan Awardee||Won|
|2011||Star Magic Ball||Breakthrough Style Awardee||Won|
- "Cast". Shoutout!. ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- Quintos, Napoleon (2009-04-02). "Enrique Gil from good boy to playboy". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- Erece, Dino (2008-09-03). "Star Magic introduces 20 new showbiz hopefuls". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2010-05-12.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (2010-10-06). "Enrique Gil still sees himself as a newbie after two years in showbiz". News. The Philipppine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2010-10-21.
- Mata, Justin John (2010-04-07). "Enrique Gil, Star Circle 16 heartthrob!". Off the Grill. The Manila Standard. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- "Cheers to Star Magic’s March-born talents". Entertainment. The Manila Standard. 2010-04-18. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- Franco, Bernie (2010-04-30). "Enrique Gil is the newest Gigger Boy". Celeb Highlight. ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- Quintos, Napoleon (2009-12-03). "Enrique Gil stars in the upcoming teleserye ‘Kokey @ Ako’". Celeb Highlight. Showbuzz. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- "Till My Heartaches End (2010)". 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- Quintos, Napoleon (2010-11-28). "Your favorite teen stars ‘Shout Out!’ begins today". Showbuzz Feature. ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 2010-12-13.
- Sibonga, Glen P. (2011-03-30). "Enrique Gil says it's his time to be given lead roles; denies courting Erich Gonzales". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-03-31.
- "JM De Guzman, Lauren Young, and Enrique Gil will lead new cast of Mula sa Puso". Guide / Television. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2011-03-02. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- "Enrique Gil replaces Albie Casiño in upcoming Kathryn Bernardo-Julia Montes movie". Guide / Movies. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2011-07=09.
- MyChos (2011-07-23). "Kathryn Bernardo and Julia Montes portray sisters in Way Back Home". Guide / Movies. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-07-23.
- "Gerald Anderson is Budoy, a child suffering from Angel Syndrome". cGuide / Television. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2011-09-16. Retrieved 2012-01-25.
- Alex Datu (2013-04-24). "Enrique Gil will portray Juan Ponce Enrile in MMK". News. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- ABS-CBN (2010-07-03). "Enrique Gil to release debut album". Entertainment. ABS-CBN News Website. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- ABS-CBN (2013-10-28). "ENRIQUE GIL DANCES HIS WAY TO THE TOP WITH HIS FIRST CONCERT EXCLUSIVE ON SKYCABLE PAY-PER-VIEW". Entertainment. ABS-CBN Social Media Newsroom. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- ABS-CBN (2013-11-17). "ENRIQUE GIL STARS IN THE HEAVY DRAMA SPECIAL OF “DEAR M.O.R.”". Entertainment. ABS-CBN Newsroom. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- "Kristel Moreno talks about her love scenes with Sid Lucero in Pitas". Guide / Movies. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. 2011-03-04. Retrieved 2010-03-04.