1991–2008 (as 2. divisjon)
1963–1990 (as 3. divisjon)
|Number of teams||56 (divided into 4 groups of 14)|
|Level on pyramid||3|
|Relegation to||3. Divisjon|
|Domestic cup(s)||Norwegian Cup|
|Current champions||Bærum, Alta, Nest-Sotra and
|2014 2. Divisjon|
The 2. Divisjon is the third highest level of the Norwegian football league system.
There are 56 teams divided into four groups, and at the end of the season the winner of each group earns promotion to the second highest league, Adeccoligaen. The bottom three teams in each group are relegated to the Third Division.
The 2. Divisjon is the highest league a reserve team can participate in, and only reserve teams from the Tippeligaen clubs (first tier) are allowed to enter. The participation of reserve teams stirs debate from time to time.
From 2009 to 2011, the name of the league was Fair Play ligaen. Since 2012, the official name of the league has been Oddsenligaen (after the main sponsor Norsk Tipping's betting-game called Oddsen).
Match fixing investigations of Norwegian Second Division started in Norway and Sweden in 2012.
Teams promoted to the division above
List of current clubs
- Aarre, Eivind (5 September 2007). "Foreslår 2.-lagene i egen liga". Stavanger Aftenblad. Retrieved 2007-10-04.
- "Fair Play-Ligaen 2009". Mo IL. 7 April 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-18.[dead link]
- "2. divisjon skifter navn". nettavisen.no (in Norwegian). Nettavisen. 7 February 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- 2 Divisjon Menn - Official Site
- Current 2. Divisjon table, results and fixtures at Soccerway
- 2.divisjon stats at Fotballen.eu
- DF-02 (Divisjonsforeningen av 2002) an interest group for the Second Division